RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The Scores!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Currently in the Winner: Abraxas!

Teaser   | Challenge 1   | Challenge 2   | Challenge 3   | Game Review   | Total Score   
[Bloody Stool] Dementia - 3.520.003.500.002.309.32
[Abraxas] Blackwell - 3.583.883.504.004.0018.96
[StarFire] Endless Duress - 3.643.423.003.503.0016.56

Remember folks, the team that wins the challenge gets the special incentive for the week, not the team with the highest score that week, so give it your all, even if you're behind you could win a boon to boost your guild to victory!
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 06:51:39 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
So closey dosey *O*

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Remember folks, the team that wins the challenge gets the special incentive for the week, not the team with the highest score that week

I'm confused, wouldn't the team that wins the challenge of the week be because they have the highest scores, or is there separate criteria for winning and scoring?

Or was that just a typo and you meant "not the highest total score"?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Remember folks, the team that wins the challenge gets the special incentive for the week, not the team with the highest score that week

I'm confused, wouldn't the team that wins the challenge of the week be because they have the highest scores, or is there separate criteria for winning and scoring?

Or was that just a typo and you meant "not the highest total score"?

I thought context would have made that abundantly clear, but yes, I was saying that the challenge score decides who wins it, not the accumulated score.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Challenge 1 has been scored!

Rep:
Level 59
Practice makes Petrucci!
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Gold - GIAW 11 (Normal)
D: Oooooh
"Pursue happiness with diligence."

http://soundcloud.com/progfox

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
This is what happens when you miss challenges. You get NOTHING. You LOSE. Good DAY sir.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Amycha19 hasn't bee active since August 6th so is no longer a judge.  Scores will stand, but they will no longer be included in future challenges or reviews.

Once I get the last of the scores in I'll put up the totals for Challenge #2.

Challenge #3 will still be announced tonight.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Amycha19 hasn't bee active since August 6th so is no longer a judge.  Scores will stand, but they will no longer be included in future challenges or reviews.

Once I get the last of the scores in I'll put up the totals for Challenge #2.

Challenge #3 will still be announced tonight.
Reason for inactivity is that I had no way to get any connection to the internet over the pas 10 days or so... Anyway, still good luck to you all!!

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 59
Practice makes Petrucci!
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Gold - GIAW 11 (Normal)
When will the scores be up for challenge 2?
"Pursue happiness with diligence."

http://soundcloud.com/progfox

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
When will the scores be up for challenge 2?

Whenever the judges actually get them to me.  I apologize for the delay.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Not to sound impatient or whiney or anything, but...has the contest just been dumped then?

Because I finished my project, but kinda feels like there's no point handing it in anymore...

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'm kinda gettin that vibe too.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I would -love- to get scores from the judges. 
ESPECIALLY IROCK WHO IS ON EVERY DAY.

I haven't dropped it, but I didn't want to run a challenge this week because I figured guilds would need the time.

I may just ask that the final projects be made public, and we do a community vote, since the judging thing has completely fallen apart.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I can do that.  I posted my "final" in our private boards last week as now I've started back college and don't have any time to make any major changes.  If you'd like I can pm you the link, if not you'll see it there.

Would be nice to see the contest at least concluded, even if it's different than originally intended.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I'm going to get up a final vote thing today, once I figure out exactly how I want to handle it.  It'll be a community poll of some sort.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I want to apologize for not getting my scores in. I've been really busy with life stuff, and haven't really had a chance to be at my computer. I will get the scores for every challenge that I missed turned in this weekend though.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I appreciate that, I've held off on displaying them because only one judge has turned them in, even though at least one of the other judges has been active here daily.  Which is frustrating.

I should have the final solution for game voting this weekend.  Sorry for the delay.

I've gained valuable insight into these sorts of prolonged competitions from this, and I'm happy to say that every guild did, in fact, turn in something, so it's far more successful than previous attempts.  I will be refining the idea, and I look forward to bringing it up again next summer!

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I'm happy to say that every guild did, in fact, turn in something,

Not to sound bitter or anything, but I don't think I could happily say my handin was a "guild" effort, as only two people actually put anything towards it.
Just don't want any of them accidentally getting credit, is all. /bitter

On a brighter note, it's good that the other guilds managed to stick it ot and get everything together.  Even if the contest did flop a bit by the end, it's still good that you have all the handins and everyone can see everyone elses work (well, soon enough) :)

Personally, I enjoyed it.

EDIT: I tell a lie; one of the others gave the idea for Challenge 2, which is a fairly prominent feature in the game.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 03:07:09 PM by Brady »

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Not to sound bitter or anything, but I don't think I could happily say my handin was a "guild" effort, as only two people actually put anything towards it.

Yeah, what he said. Nobody should get credit besides Zylos and me.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Yeah, what he said. Nobody should get credit besides Zylos and me.
Not sure if trolling or serious :o

On a brighter note, it's good that the other guilds managed to stick it ot and get everything together.  Even if the contest did flop a bit by the end, it's still good that you have all the handins and everyone can see everyone elses work (well, soon enough) :)
We actually couldn't finish it, most of us got caught up in life and couldn't contribute a whole lot. One person did a lot of work but they just couldn't finish the game in the time frame (even if other guild members were on and off). Actually me and this guild member still want to continue working on it, but we're gonna wait until we get some feedback on the current project before we do anything, and I actually have a lot of free time to work on it now as well :-X
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

EDIT: I tell a lie; one of the others gave the idea for Challenge 2, which is a fairly prominent feature in the game.

While I understand your frustration, harboring grudges and taking up that sort of attitude is a surefire way to get on everyone's bad side.  Shit happens sometimes, just move on.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

I did most of the work on our game on my own. I'm not faulting my team for having other obligations. It's just a prizeless rpg maker competition for fun.

:dwi:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I did exactly fuckall except for like minor verbal consultation and a quick playtest.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Hey, it's not a grudge thing, I just think that if people have RL obligations and such, they shouldn't commit to a monthlong project.  I get that people have other shit going on, but if this wasn't just a forum project, if this was a serious thing, what would folk do then?
What if this was for uni/college?  Would folk still just bail out within days just because "they have other shit going on"?

Point is, you shouldn't say you're going to do something if it only takes you a couple of days to realise you can't commit.  If you do do it, you should see it through to the end.  Anything else is a half-assed excuse and doesn't deserve respect or being nice etc.  I don't care if I get on their bad sides about it, I'm not going to sugar coat it and be nice to them because they made a stupid decision and made other people pay for it.

What Acolyte said: it's all meant to be fun.  Personally, I'd have much rathered only 3 people signed up, and all three of us worked, had fun, finished...something!  What wound up happening was a dozen people signed up, a week of "Oh, I intend to work hard and make sure everyone keeps up" and indecisions later, then BAM I'm left on my own.  That's not fun.  And that's not the contests fault, that's not the RL obligations fault, that's purely the fault of the people who signed up and gave up knowing what their other commitments in life are.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2012, 02:15:57 PM by Brady »