RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Customizable Item Menu 1.0.1

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Customizable Item Menu
Version: 1.0.1
Author: modern algebra
Date: 10 August, 2012

Version History

• <Version 1.0.1> 2012.08.10 - Fixed an error with showing skills in battle when using description images.
  • <Version 1.0.0> 2012.07.29 - Original Release

Description

This script allows you to essentially customize the appearance and quantity of categories, as well as the appearance and size of the description window. Within the same series as my Customizable Main Menu, each and every feature is fully optional, meaning you can use this script to add the features you do like without being required to also use any feature you do not like.

Features

• Increase the number of lines you can use to describe each item
  • Change the position of the description window
  • Show a large image of the item in the description window
  • Create new categories for your items
  • Represent categories by icons instead of text
  • Give descriptions to the categories
  • Support for higher resolutions

Screenshots

Click the pictures to enlarge.

Instructions

Paste the script into its own slot in the Script Editor, above Main but below Materials. For more instructions, see the header of the script and the descriptions of each configuration option.

Script

Please retrieve the script from Pastebin.

Credit

• modern algebra

Support

Please post in this topic at RMRK if you require any assistance, have any questions, or would like to report any errors.

Known Compatibility Issues

It will not work with most other scripts that alter the visuals of the item screen.

Demo

I don't think it requires a demo.

Author's Notes

Originally this was going to be a much larger script which would include personal inventory, limited inventory, and a new window to show the stats of each item, but I decided to split up those scripts and simply make them compatible with this one.

Terms of Use

I adopt RMRK's default Terms of Use.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 09:46:11 PM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
Hello,

This script is very much like any other...

Is it possible to make this script compatible with XAS of Moghunter?

Here is the link to the script:http://www.mediafire.com/?6eazmf7idblvd9p

Thank you.
World of Forestia project

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
They seem to work fine with each other. What is the source of the incompatibility?

Rep: +0/-0Level 69
RMRK Junior
Problem solved.

The problem was with me.

Thank you !
World of Forestia project

if you try & edit my custom title i will hack you
Rep:
Level 66
Im PRO get used to it!
Love the script. using for my next vxa project. thank you

Spoiler for projects:
God of Darkness
Devils nest
Unnamed Games(2)
The CREW experience

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
Ahhh, I love the look of this menu but it seems to be incompatible with Mr. Bubble's recent "Mix" script.  When the Mix command is highlight in battle, it gives an error (see attachment).  Any possibility of a compatibility fix?  :)

Rep:
Level 97
That might just be a straight error in my script, not an incompatibility. Anyway, I have no time to test it right now but I updated the script to 1.0.1. Replace it and see if it works.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:56:17 AM by modern algebra »

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior
Working like a dream.  Thanks a lot!  :)

Rep:
Level 46
RMRK Junior
i get error when i use this script, how to fix it ?

Rep:
Level 97
It's an incompatibility with Seiryuki's Categorize Item Scene script. You will need to remove that script if you want to use this one, or vice versa. I think this script adds the same functionality, so I don't believe there is any reason to write a compatibility patch.

Rep: +0/-0Level 14
RMRK Junior
Hello, I guess this post is really old and there is no support for the script anymore, but I'm having some trouble. I followed the instructions to the best of my knowledge, but I keep getting the same error. I have no scripting knowledge whatsoever, so I can't quite figure out what's causing the problem or how to solve it.

What I was trying to do was adding two new categories to the item menu.

The game does start, the item menu does show up too. It shows the new tabs with their respective icons.  However when I move the cursor to the custom tabs the following error message appears:

Script 'custom item menu' line 650: NoMethodError ocurred.
Undefined method 'ores' for Vocab:Module

I'm searching up tutorials on scripting so I can figure out a solution for the problem but I'd really appreciate it if I could receive some help. This script is exactly what I'm looking for. The only thing I need is to add the two new Item categories.

Thank you for your time.