RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
World Map viewing/scrolling event [RPGMaker XP][Solved]

Rep: +0/-0Level 55
Game Maker
I made a custom menu option and set it to activate a switch which triggers a common event to bring up an (already made) image of the world map.

That part is working fine, but with the world map image up I haven't been able to figure out a way to allow the player to navigate it (make the image scroll).  And the one time I managed to get it to work it also moved the player on the game map they were on.

How would you go about this?  I've been using conditional branches which wait for the player to press left, right, down, up, etc to make the map scroll but these don't seem to be working, or I haven't implemented them to work properly.

Any suggestions or has anybody had any experience doing this before?

(The reason I made the menu activate the common event is because I wouldn't know how to write the script for this)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2012, 09:17:32 AM by Michus »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Make a parallax map for the world map and do your eventing on that map.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Game Maker
Doh, rookie mistake, this is for RPG Maker XP not VX, does that make a difference?  I'm looking into this parallax information for RPG Maker right now.

Game Maker
I solved the problem by making the world map an actual map and transferring the player there and turning their graphic into a selection cursor.  It took a while to get to work properly but it is working now.  Thanks for the advice though!