RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[RL-RPG] Caves and Monsters

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Caves & Monsters

I am working/volunteering for an organisation that provides days filled with fun and games for children. As I'm currently a trainee for head animator, I need to prepare one huge game. Also, this is not a video game, it's a real game.

So here's the thing:
Spoiler for About the organisation:
The children are 5 to 15 years old.
These children are divided into several groups (5-6-7, 8-9, 10-11-12 and Teens) on normal days. Though, when I have to do my RPG it will be for every single child!

Spoiler for Game Concept:
The goal of the entire day is to give every child the freedom to do whatever it wants and have a fun day.
The goal of the RPG itself is to become a hero, though the children are allowed to set their own goals (most money, highest level, most battles, ...).

The children play games throughout the day and they will get experience from them. If they don't want to play: fine!! They won't have less fun as the others because of that.
The thing I expect from the animators is creativity, activity and alertness. It is their job to give a very large variety of activities to the children.

Spoiler for Story:
Oops, I didn't think of that yet! Though, all ideas from you guys are welcome!

Spoiler for Heroic Characters:
Every child is a character of it's own.
The children get the opportunity to choose their own name, a race and a class.
The races and classes give them an advantage though, that doesn't matter that much.
Spoiler for Races:
Humans are the faster of the races and they get a speed bonus of 3 points.
Elves are the smarter of the races and they receive an intelligence bonus of 3 points.
Dwarven are the stronger of the races and they receive a power bonus of 3 points.
Spoiler for Classes:
Fighters are known for their power and loyalty. They get a power bonus of 3 points and 10% extra money if they complete a task. When they level up, they receive an extra point for power immediately and they get to choose 5 points.
Mages are known for their intelligence and their capability to learn quickly. They get a bonus of 3 points for intelligence and they receive 10% extra experience. When they level up, they receive an instant +1 for intelligence and they get to choose 6 points.
Thieves are both intelligent and swift, but the name says it all, they steal! They receive a bonus of 1 intelligence and 2 speed. They can also steal 1 item from others, as long as people don't see them. At a level up they get to choose 8 points but if they need power, they will need 2 points for that!

Spoiler for Townspeople and places:
The current list of townspeople and places is this one.
  • Spoiler for Caves:
    The caves are no longer quiet places or whatever. They might be infested with monsters or being used by pirates to store their gold!
  • Spoiler for Bank:
    The bank is the place where children can store their money until they need it.
  • Spoiler for Market:
    At the market, the children can sell and buy items from an animator.
  • Spoiler for Pub:
    With a ticket for drinks or food, they can regain some power and rest for a moment here at the pub.
  • Spoiler for Guards:
    Guards have the responsibility for not letting any of the children run off the terrain. They also take care of monsters not attacking the village. They can choose what character they have entirely!
  • Spoiler for Trainer:
    A Trainer can help the children with their level up. They can also give advice on what to do or how to beat others.
  • Spoiler for Arena:
    In the arena, they can choose to fight each other or to fight the dragon!
  • Spoiler for Hospital:
    When children's characters are hurt, they have to come here. Also, this is the place to go if one child is hurt for real and needs to get some real medical attention.
  • Spoiler for Saint Vroemus:
    Saint Vroemus spreads the word of God! He is the one that gives preaches to naughty children and shouts for the word of God spreading Love and sharing food!
  • Spoiler for Town Lunatic:
    When children don't want to play, it's the town lunatics task to animate them, make them laugh and want to play!
  • Spoiler for King/Queen:
    This is the person that registers all children in the beginning of the game. Every child needs to create their character with the King/Queen even before the game has started (as in telling him/her their name). This person is also the person for other animators to ask questions about anything!
  • Spoiler for Hideout:
    The Hideout is a quiet place where children can go if it becomes a bit much for them. Here they can rest for a while under supervision.
  • Spoiler for Artist:
    The Stationary Artist is the one who can help the children dress up and create weapons for them. The Wandering Artist is the person to walk around with a camera making pictures and video's.
Again, any ideas are welcome!

Well, here's my final comment to all of you: Please leave me a comment, idea or whatever in this topic!

If it has been fully prepared and played. I'll put up pictures and video's of this day (though, vids will be in Dutch).

People who are interested into taking this concept and doing this with other children/people.
I'll put up the entire and translated preparation when it's done. You can USE but you must give credit!
Also if you used it, I'd love to see pictures and video's of how it worked out!

Greetz,
Amycha19

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Seems like is going to be a lot of fun and chaotic! I hope it all goes well. Might be worried about the little ones getting into it, but I hope they do! When is it taking place?

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Seems like is going to be a lot of fun and chaotic! I hope it all goes well. Might be worried about the little ones getting into it, but I hope they do! When is it taking place?
It's still in brainstorming stage and I'll have lots of help Monday evening to get this thing going and get some structure to avoid complete chaos. Doomsday is Friday in two weeks so August 3rd.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I'm curious what your weapons and outfits will be made of. Construction paper? Felt? Really do hope it all goes well and no one needs the for real part of the hospital!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I'm curious what your weapons and outfits will be made of. Construction paper? Felt? Really do hope it all goes well and no one needs the for real part of the hospital!
The weapons will probably be made of cardboard or any other material that we have laying around. Clothing will be made of old T-shirts and real costumes and things like that. I do hope that every animator dresses up REALLY well!!

Oh and the for real part of the hospital is probably basic first aid (like ice for headaches, bandages for small wounds and things like that...) and nothing severe!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I don't know what sort of budget your organization has, but I know walgreens and other dollar stores have these really cheap foam swords. Hobby Lobby has foam shields and other things. I don't know how well they would hold up, but I suppose the blacksmith could have duct tape on hand. :P

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
 :-X
I don't know what sort of budget your organization has, but I know walgreens and other dollar stores have these really cheap foam swords. Hobby Lobby has foam shields and other things. I don't know how well they would hold up, but I suppose the blacksmith could have duct tape on hand. :P
My budget is pretty much ZERO...
Also, I live in Belgium so it will be tough time to go to Walgreens or other dollar stores or Hobby Lobby  :-[

But then again, win for cardboard, creativity and imagination!!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
My preparations are mostly finished!! Tomorrow is the big day!!!!!!!!
My companions are enthusiastic, full of grand ideas and they all want it to go perfectly  ;8

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Good luck! It sounds fun.

Rep:
Level 69
RMRK Junior
I'm upset because I'm not within the age requirements. :(

Have fun!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I'm upset because I'm not within the age requirements. :(

Have fun!
Well, that's not a problem, my animators had a wonderful time goofing around as well. So did all the children!! It worked out great!!!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!: