RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Rm2k3 - action-adv] Lloyd Herim: Episode I (try the demo!)

pokeball TGMOffline
Rep: +0/-0Level 55
RMRK Junior

Episode I will be released August/September 2012! In the meantime, check out the demo.

MORE SCREENSHOTS: http://uirpg.com/games.php?act=view&sub=screenshots&id=557

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO (82mb)
    http://www.sendspace.com/file/6txpai[/list]

LENGTH OF THE DEMO
    The demo should take 15-45 minutes. The actual game will be 1hr-1:30hr.

POSSIBLE PROBLEMS:
    I would recommend playing this in "Test Play".
    - The CMS may make two "canceling sounds" in a row while you are
    in the "supplies" menu. That is OK.
    - if you save your game and come back, you may have to wander
    around and start the event again.
    - Battles may be too difficult. I tried to sparkle around a lot of
    items.

COMMENTS:
    If you play through this demo, please leave a grammer
    correction/comment/review/suggestion/anything. I'll read
    everything and try to improve!

GAMEPLAY:
    CBS and CMS. This game is EXTREMELY linear. There aren't any field
    controls. You can heal Lloyd through the menu. You can find fish/penguins to eat. You automatically gain meat from killing
    wolves.

STORY OF EPISODE I:
    "Lloyd Herim" takes place in a world with 1865/U.S. Civil War-era  technology.

"Episode I" takes place after a failed mission by Squad 8, the secret operatives group of Agon, the world's dominant super-power. They were sent to the northern, mountainous country known as Nielheim, to eliminate a threat to Agon: the rogue scientist,

McCarthy, who has managed genetically mixed human and wild beast together. Long ago, the world emerged from a devastating global war only by
    banning gunpowder. McCarthy's experiments would provide an edge to
    any country looking to assert itself on the world stage.

Squad 8 was attacked and wiped out during their attempt on
    McCarthy's base in the snow.

Lloyd Herim was the only survivor.

This is his story.

OVERVIEW:
    "Lloyd Herim" is a series of action-adventure games me and my co-creator "SuperCoolMale" (I'm the coder, he does the sprites. We both share story duties.) am currently developing.
    What may make this game unique is the fact that I tried to make it RTP as possible.

I wanted to sorely focus on game-play, not graphics. So I had to be more creative with pictures. Also, I wanted people to see the true power of RTP. I'd estimate the game is 85%-90% of RTP.
    « Last Edit: July 21, 2012, 03:48:47 AM by TGM »