RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
{ABANDONED} [VXA] Witchtooth 2

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
"And God Never Shed A Tear"

Story
Six years have passed since Lin disappeared. Rolan's grandmother came down with a serious illness that causes her passing. Left with a single promise to her, Rolan travels to Cairesville with his sister to get the education that his grandmother always wanted Sophie to have. Cairesville sits on the far off continent of Elevan where the two stay with good friends of their family. Now Rolan and his sister, Sophie have to adapt to their new home. But their past cannot be erased. Things left behind will follow them and build a new journey

Characters
Rolan Accades
Rolan was born in Havel, originally working as a shopkeeper's assistant. He left much behind after moving to Cairesville, but his excellent fighting skills never faded. He is introduced to the Treasure Hunting business and quickly acquires a liking for it. The memories of a time before drive him to be the best hunter he could be.
Sophie Accades
Sophie was born in Havel alongside her brother, Rolan. She looks up to him but is hit hard by the realization of how much she has lost by moving to Cairesville. For a while she enjoyed being a student, but the routine lifestyle quickly becomes unappealing. With a Slingshot at hand she finds something new to enjoy. An adventurer in her mind, a rebel in everyone else's.

Screenshots

---------------------------

The game has not been in production for very long. I spent a good while writing before actually putting anything into the game engine. These screenshots are very early work and the locations they take place in are definitely bound to be altered in some way. I'll be trying to update as frequently as possible. I know that many people have not played the first game. I feel like the first was more of a test of my skills as a game developer and lacks in many areas. Hopefully the sequel will fix the problems the first had. If you want to play the game, please do, if not I recommend watching D&P3's playthrough (http://lnk.nu/youtube.com/23eb) or just asking me questions because there will be call backs to the original in this game.

Again, I will try to update this page as frequent as possible. The story above is left in a fairly cut and dry state because I plan on releasing a one hour (approx.) demo in about a week or two. Now you all have a nice day.

Credit goes to Bunny for the awesome logo!

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 11:09:10 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 71
This looks very nice, I loved the first one and I'm sure you'll do a good job on this one as well. Are you going with a front view battle system and the default encounter system again?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I'm sticking with the front view battle system, as for the random encounters, either it'll be heavily tweeked or I'll be putting the enemies on screen (which is what I really want to do).

Rep:
Level 71
Alright, are you using Yanfly's battle system? It makes the front view battle system much more enjoyable.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Looking forward to this :)

I'm sticking with the front view battle system, as for the random encounters, either it'll be heavily tweeked or I'll be putting the enemies on screen (which is what I really want to do).
If you're going to do the latter, make sure that the monsters respawn after some time has past and that the player can actually escape from battle.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
And yes, I'm using Yanfly's Battle System, it's great.

[Update]
It's a small update though:
- I've been playing the first Witchtooth, mostly at the higher levels or again, mainly trying to find things worth fixing, ways to balance combat and all that jazz. So, I plan on having less spells this time around, but much higher scaling based on attack and magic damage. For instance, in the first game Rolan had a skill called Heavy Slash that seriously fell off in damage later in the game. A good way to fix that problem is to have Heavy Slash deal pretty low Base Damage, but then increase the effect that his Attack Damage has on the bonus damage. The same goes for Lin, whose Dim spell was nearly useless because the spirit didn't scale well.

So, combat at the moment is my biggest priority. I'm making spells cost less mana, not so that they can be spammed but so combat is less based on Rolan dealing heavy damage with his basic attacks. Monsters will be heavily damaged if you cast or attack with a weapon or spell that uses the element the enemy is least resistant to. You'll be cued as to what that element is if you deal damage with it, afterwards you can remember how to take down specific enemies quickly. No one likes having to heal after every encounter, this way you'll know how to breeze through them at the cost of a couple Volute Potions.
But of course, I'll try to keep the bosses difficult. But by difficult, I don't mean insane HP which is what the problem was in the first game. I'll make sure they have varied skills and most likely deal more damage but have less health. So, if you understand the strategy to kill the boss you will kill it, it would probably piss me off if a boss is incredibly easy for me but the only thing that causes my defeat is how long the fight lasts.

I'll be making Video Gameplay really soon.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Well, I guess there's a slight change in plans on that Video. I was going to make it tomorrow, but I'm going on a sort of vacation tomorrow morning.

In the location I'll be there isn't any Internet. So, that kicks aside my plan of making a video soon. I don't have the game in the best state to record anything yet, so I'll have to push aside the video (uploading that is, I will finish it during the trip). I'll make the video, but it will be uploaded on the day I get back, which will be 2-3 weeks.

The good news about having no Internet for a couple weeks though is that I won't be distracted by the wonders of the Interwebz when I know I should be working on the game. So over 10 straight days of work will come out of this trip, which pretty much guarantees that the first demo will be out the day after I get home, aka the day after my gameplay footage is uploaded. So, first its gameplay, then the next day I'll get my music, and I'll upload the demo.  ;8

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PDgGu2z-yk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PDgGu2z-yk</a>

Demo Release Tomorrow

Rep:
Level 71
Cool I'll download the demo when it's out.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
The Demo is Here

The Demo is Non-RTP, unfortunately, if you add RTP on Ace it adds around 200mb to the file, so the Ace RTP is needed to play the Demo.
It spans around an hour and takes place at the very beginning of the game.
Some things are still under construction, such as the dialogue, music and mapping.
Please leave feedback if you try it out

Download this as well and Add the Folder to the game's Folder
http://www.mediafire.com/?f14t5xf2e5lq3at
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:10:59 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 71
Unfortunately I can't even go outside your parent's friends house, the game says that the light file is missing (le). But so far everything is nice, I'm enjoying Rolan's humor so far.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
The missing le. file is because there is a script that has me make a new folder for the game, so it must not have been extracted into the game file. I'm going to link the folder. Just add the two folders it includes into the game's Graphics folder. This should fix the problem and a foreseeable problem i know will come up.

I'm glad you're enjoying it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:32:14 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 71
Do you mean the main folder? Because the graphics folder is encrypted.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Ugh, you're right... how did you work around the le problem?

Rep:
Level 71
I didn't, the game crashed and I watched Mayday.

EDIT:
Or did you mean how did I work around it when I used the script? If so I haven't used it.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 11:09:30 PM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Alright either download this: http://www.mediafire.com/?f14t5xf2e5lq3at

Or you can create a folder called Graphics and paste those folders inside. I should have play tested the Compressed Version, I don't know why I forgot to. Sorry about that.

Rep:
Level 71
I'll play some more tomorrow, but so far it's pretty good. I love the cake joke. Are you switching out the menu? Because I really don't like the default menu, I may be able to script you a menu if I have time.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 01:01:42 AM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I really want to switch the menu, right now I'm leaving things basic, as with the title screen. Later on most menu type things will be altered in some way.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Nice maps!! Like the story and it's hint of mystery but it's still clear to people who haven't played the first one. Though, maybe you can add a link to the first one as well?

Why is there a demo download and a file download?
Anyway, I'll be trying this out.

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Thanks.

There's a file download because it is necessary for the game to Run. When I release Demo 2, I'll be putting everything into a Rar file, the game extractor, the folders and a notepad instruction. I wish it could be as simple as double clicking the blue crystal, but the scripts I'm using can only be used if you create a specific folder, a folder that is not extracted into the game extractor. Currently this is the only way I can work around it.

And I tried to make sure players new to the game can still understand it without playing the first. I'm glad it actually worked.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
[Update]
With school starting up soon for me, I'm having less and less time to work on the game. I'm working mainly on the database, the mapping is coming afterwards. I've already drawn out the map on paper along with many of the enemies and items, so my work intervals run smoothly but don't last very long. The second demo is weeks away, but for now I have just a couple new screenshots.

Spoiler for:

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
SO EXCITED!!!!
I've been off this site for a while so I'm catching up. This game is looking great so far, it could also somehow top the original.
Also, I think Witchtooth could be the next Vacant Sky :3

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I wish it could be as simple as double clicking the blue crystal, but the scripts I'm using can only be used if you create a specific folder, a folder that is not extracted into the game extractor. Currently this is the only way I can work around it.
Which scripts are causing this?
Either DoctorTodd or I could probably modify them not to be a hassle.

Also I've been putting this off for awhile D:
Needz to play Demo :D
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
FenixFyreX's Light Effects
and
Victor Engine - Fog Effect

Those require additional folders to be made for the scripts to work.

Rep:
Level 71
Here's the light effects script, it now uses the pictures folder. I'll go do the fog one, let me know if you have any issues.
Code: [Select]
# -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- #
# FenixFyreX's Light Effects (FFXLFX)
# Version 1.1
# http://www.rpgmakervx.net
# http://www.rpgmakervxace.net
# -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- #
#
# To use this script, either make a preset then setup an event's comment like so:
#
#  <prelfx string> OR <prelfx=string> OR <prelfx = string>    # You get the idea.
#
# Where string is the name of the preset below,
# or setup an event's comment like so:
#
#  <lfx fn "image";>
#
# Where opts is any option defined below that you can put in a preset.
#
# fn = string   # The filename of the image to use. Always pulls from Graphics/LFX.
# fa = number   # Fadein? Default is 0(false).
# zx = number   # The zoom x of the effect.
# zy = number   # The zoom y of the effect.
# bl = number   # Either 0(normal), 1(add), or 2(subtract).
# op = number   # Anything from 0 to 255. Sets maximum opacity for effect.
# z  = number   # 0 is in front, the default. 1 is behind.
# s  = number   # Adheres to the light switch? 0 is false, 1 is true. Default is 1.
# fl = number   # [n,n]. First n determines randomness of visibility. Second n
#                        determines the range of opacity change.
# cl = array    # [n,n,n] or [n,n,n,n]. [red,green,blue,transparency].
# os = array    # [x,y]. will offset the graphic by x,y.
#  w = array    # [n,n,n] or [n,n,n,n]. [strength,length,speed,phase].
#
# You must include filename if you make a direct light effect in a comment.
# Event Script Command Calls
# These are commands you can call via Advanced/Script.
#
#   remove_lfx(key)
#     This will remove any light effects by the key. key has to be 1 or greater.
#
#   player_lfx(preset_name,fade = false)
#     This will add a light effect to the player. Must be a preset defined below.
#     If you leave fade out, the effect will not fade in. If you set it to true,
#     it will. es.g:
#         player_lfx("Ground")        # Will not fadein
#         player_lfx("Ground",true)   # Will fadein
#
#   stop_player_lfx(fade = false)
#     This will remove the player's light effect. If you leave out fade, the effect
#     will just go away. If fade is true, the effect will fadeout. es.g:
#         stop_player_lfx             # Will not fadeout
#         stop_player_lfx(true)       # Will fadeout
#   
module FFXLFX
  # -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=- #
  #
  # Set up preset light fx here. the preset can be named anything as long as it
  # is a string(e.g. within " ")
  # Options for the preset are as follows; if a * is next to it, its mandatory:
  #
  #   :filename *  The name of the file in Graphics/Lights/
  #   :fadein      Should the effect fadein? 0 is false(default), 1 is true.
  #   :flicker     Should the light flicker? Must be an array of two numbers.
  #   :zx          Zoom X of the effect, 1 is default
  #   :zy          Zoom Y of the effect, 1 is default
  #   :z           Z coordinate of the effect. 0 is in front, 1 is behind.
  #   :blend       0 is normal, 1 is add, 2 is subtract
  #   :switch      Adheres to the light switch? true or false. Default is true.
  #   :color       An array of 3-4 numbers, like so: [155,100,0] # Yellow
  #                To make a random color, put -1 in the color index spot, so
  #                a fully random color would be [-1,-1,-1]
  #   :offset      An array of two numbers. [-1,1] will offset the image left
  #                and down one pixel.
  #   :opacity     Anything from 0 to 255. Sets maximum opacity for the effect.
  #   :wave        An array of 3-4 numbers, [amp, length, speed, phase]
  #
  # :wave makes the image wiggle. Use the help file for further information on
  # wave effects. Look up Sprite in the help file.

Presets = { # do NOT delete this.
    # -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=- #
    # Preset 1: Ground
    "Ground" => {
      :filename => "ground",
      :flicker => [200,100],
      :zx => 4,
      :zy => 4,
      :blend => 1,
      :color => [155,100,0],
    },
    # Preset 2: Lantern
    "Lantern" => {
      :filename => "lantern",
      :flicker => [500,100],
      :zx => 1,
      :zy => 1,
      :color => [190,100,0],
      :offset => [0,0],
    },
    # Preset 3: Lightbug
    "Lightbug" => {
      :flicker => [500,200],
      :zx => 1,
      :zy => 1,
      :z  => 0,
      :color => [-1,-1,-1],
      :offset => [0,-6],
      :switch => false,
    },
    # Preset 4: Headstone
    "Ghost" => {
      :filename => "ghost",
      :flicker => [0,0],
      :zx => 2,
      :zy => 2,
      :color => [-1,-1,-1],
      :offset => [0,-16],
      :opacity => -170,
      :wave => [2,5,1],
      :fadein => true,
    },
    # Preset 5: Fireplace
    "Fireplace" => {
      :filename => "fireplace",
      :flicker => [500,200],
      :color => [220,10,0],
    },
    # Preset 6: Drunk
    "Drunk" => {
      :switch => false,
      :zx => 3,
      :zy => 4,
      :color => [220,10,0],
    },
  # -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=- #
  } # DO NOT DELETE THIS

# The switch that turns the whole system on or off. If on, the system will be off.
  On_Off_Switch = 1

# Is the system on at startup? If true, it does. False, it doesn't.
  Sys_Starts_On = true

# This number determines the speed at which light effects fade on and off.
  # Higher numbers result in faster fading.
  Fade_Time = 3
end

# DO NOT EDIT FURTHER UNLESS YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.

class Game_Switches
  alias initialize_ffxlfx_switch_value initialize
  def initialize(*a,&b)
    initialize_ffxlfx_switch_value(*a,&b)
    @data[FFXLFX::On_Off_Switch] = FFXLFX::Sys_Starts_On
  end
end
module FFXLFX
  def self.scene
    return defined?($scene) ? $scene : SceneManager.scene
  end
end

class Sprite

def start_wave(amp,speed,length,phase=nil)
    self.wave_amp = amp
    self.wave_speed = speed
    self.wave_length = length
    self.wave_phase = phase.to_i unless phase.nil?
  end
end

class Spriteset_Map

alias initialize_ffxlfx_old initialize unless $@
  alias update_ffxlfx_old update unless $@
  alias dispose_ffxlfx_old dispose unless $@

def initialize(*a, &b)
    @ffxlfx_sprites = {}
    initialize_ffxlfx_old(*a, &b)
    initialize_ffxlfx
    update_ffxlfx
  end

def update(*a, &b)
    update_ffxlfx_old(*a, &b)
    update_ffxlfx
  end

def dispose(*a, &b)
    dispose_ffxlfx
    dispose_ffxlfx_old(*a, &b)
  end

def initialize_ffxlfx
    $game_map.events.each_pair do |id,event|
      s = nil
      cache = event.light_cache
      if cache
        s = Sprite_FFXLight.new(@viewport1,id)
        s.setup(cache)
      end
      @ffxlfx_sprites[id] = s
    end     
    @ffxlfx_sprites[:player] = nil
    player_lfx
  end

def refresh_ffxlfx
    @ffxlfx_sprites.each_key do |key|
      next unless key.is_a?(Integer)
      if (@ffxlfx_sprites[key].nil? || @ffxlfx_sprites[key].disposed?)
        cache = $game_map.events[key].nil? ? nil : $game_map.events[key].light_cache
        next if (cache.nil? || cache.empty?)
        @ffxlfx_sprites[key] = Sprite_FFXLight.new(@viewport1,key)
        @ffxlfx_sprites[key].setup(cache)
      else
        cache = $game_map.events[key].nil? ? nil : $game_map.events[key].light_cache
        if cache.nil?
          remove_lfx(key)
        elsif cache == @ffxlfx_sprites[key].cache
          next
        else
          @ffxlfx_sprites[key].setup(cache)
        end
      end
    end
  end

def update_ffxlfx
    rs = []
    @ffxlfx_sprites.each_pair do |key,s|
      next if s.nil?
      next if s.disposed?
      s.update
      if s.to_nil?
        rs << key
      end
    end
    rs.each do |r|
      @ffxlfx_sprites[r].dispose
      @ffxlfx_sprites[r] = nil
    end
  end

def dispose_ffxlfx
    @ffxlfx_sprites.each_pair do |key,s|
      next if s.nil?
      next if s.disposed?
      s.dispose
    end
    @ffxlfx_sprites = {}
  end

def remove_lfx(key)
    @ffxlfx_sprites[key].fade2nil
  end

def change_lfx(key,key2)
    if @ffxlfx_sprites[key].nil?
      @ffxlfx_sprites[key] = Sprite_FFXLight.new(@viewport1,key)
      @ffxlfx_sprites[key].setup(FFXLFX::Presets[key2])
    end
  end

def player_lfx
    return if $game_player.light_cache.nil?
    return unless $game_player.light_cache[:filename]
    if @ffxlfx_sprites[:player].nil? || @ffxlfx_sprites[:player].disposed?
      @ffxlfx_sprites[:player] = Sprite_FFXLight.new(@viewport1,:player)
      @ffxlfx_sprites[:player].cache = {}
      @ffxlfx_sprites[:player].set_cache
    end
  end

def stop_player_lfx(fade)
    return if @ffxlfx_sprites[:player].nil? || @ffxlfx_sprites[:player].disposed?
    if fade
      @ffxlfx_sprites[:player].fade2nil
    else
      @ffxlfx_sprites[:player].dispose
      @ffxlfx_sprites[:player] = nil
    end
  end

#~   def add_lfx(opts)
#~   end
end

class Game_Player < Game_Character
  attr_accessor :light_cache
  alias initialize_light_cache initialize unless $@
  def initialize(*a,&b)
    initialize_light_cache(*a,&b)
    @light_cache = nil
  end
end

class Game_Event < Game_Character

FFXLFX_Light_Rgxp    = /<lfx[ ]*[=]?/i
  FFXLFX_Prelight_Rgxp = /<prelfx[ ]*[=]?[ ]*(.*)>/i

alias refresh_ffxlfx_refresh refresh unless $@
  def refresh(*a,&b)
    refresh_ffxlfx_refresh(*a,&b)
    if FFXLFX.scene.is_a?(Scene_Map)
      FFXLFX.scene.refresh_ffxlfx_lights
    end
  end

def name
    return @event.nil? ? "" : @event.name
  end

def comment?(txt,ret = false)
    return false if @page.nil?
    @page.list.each do |item|
      if [108,408].include?(item.code)
        item_text = item.parameters[0]
        case txt
        when Regexp
          m = (item_text.match(txt))
          if ret && !m.nil?
            return m.captures
          else
            return !m.nil?
          end
        when String
          if ret && (m = item_text.include?(txt))
            return item.parameters[0]
          else
            return m
          end
        end
      end
    end
    return false
  end

def light?
    return comment?(FFXLFX_Light_Rgxp)
  end

def prelight?
    return comment?(FFXLFX_Prelight_Rgxp)
  end

def light_cache
    cache = nil
    if light?
      txt = comment_block(FFXLFX_Prelight_Rgxp, ">")
      cache = parse_lfx(txt)
    elsif prelight?
      txt = comment?(FFXLFX_Prelight_Rgxp, true)
      cache = FFXLFX::Presets[txt[0]]
    end
    unless cache.nil?
      cache[:fadein] = false if cache[:fadein].nil?
    end
    return cache
  end

def comment_block(txt1,txt2)
    s = [""]
    start = false
    stop = false
    return s if @page.nil?
    @page.list.each do |item|
      if [108,408].include?(item.code)
        item_text = item.parameters[0]
        case txt1
        when Regexp
          if item_text =~ txt1
            start = true
          end
        when String
          if item_text.include?(txt1)
            start = true
          end
        end
        case txt2
        when Regexp
          if item_text =~ txt2
            stop = true
          end
        when String
          if item_text.include?(txt2)
            stop = true
          end
        end
        s << item_text
        if stop
          break
        end
      end
    end
    return s.join("")
  end

def parse_lfx(txt="")
    cache = {}
    ary = txt.split(";")
    ary.each do |item|
      case item
      when /fn[ ]*[=]?[ ]*(.*)/i
        cache[:filename] = $1.to_s.gsub(">","")
      when /fa[ ]*[=]?[ ]*(\d+)[>]?/i
        cache[:fadein] = ($1.to_i == 1)
      when /fl[ ]*[=]?[ ]*\[[ ]*(\d+)[ ]*,[ ]*(\d+)\][>]?/i
        cache[:flicker] = [$1.to_i,$2.to_i]
      when /zx[ ]*[=]?[ ]*(\d+)[>]?/i
        cache[:zx] = $1.to_i
      when /zy[ ]*[=]?[ ]*(\d+)[>]?/i
        cache[:zy] = $1.to_i
      when /z[ ]*[=]?[ ]*(0|1)[>]?/i
        cache[:z] = ($1.to_i == 1)
      when /a[ ]*[=]?[ ]*(0|1)[>]?/i
        cache[:switch] = ($1.to_i == 1)
      when /bl[ ]*[=]?[ ]*(0|1|2)[>]?/i
        cache[:blend] = $1.to_i
      when /op[ ]*[=]?[ ]*(\d+)[>]?/i
        cache[:opacity] = $1.to_i
      when /cl[ ]*[=]?[ ]*\[[ ]*(\d+)[ ]*,[ ]*(\d+)[ ]*,[ ]*(\d+)[ ]*[,]?[ ]*(\d+)?\][>]?/i
        cache[:color] = [$1.to_i,$2.to_i,$3.to_i]
        cache[:color] << $4.to_i unless $4.nil?
      when /os[ ]*[=]?[ ]*\[[ ]*([-]?\d+)[ ]*,[ ]*([-]?\d+)\][>]?/i
        cache[:offset] = [$1.to_i,$2.to_i]
      when /w[ ]*[=]?[ ]*\[[ ]*(\d+)[ ]*,[ ]*(\d+)[ ]*,[ ]*(\d+)[ ]*[,]?[ ]*(\d+)?\][>]?/i
        cache[:wave] = [$1.to_i,$2.to_i,$3.to_i]
        cache[:wave] << $4.to_i unless $4.nil?
      end
    end
    return cache
  end
end

class Sprite_FFXLight < Sprite_Base

attr_reader :charID,:char
  attr_accessor :cache,:offset,:flicker

def initialize(viewport, charID)
    super(viewport)
    @charID = charID
    @char = nil
    @cache = {}
    @offset = [0,0]
    @flicker = nil
    @go2nil = @to_nil = false
    set_char
    set_xyz
  end

def setup(cache={})
    if cache.nil?
      @cache = {}
      return
    end
    unless FileTest.exist?(fn="Graphics/Pictures/"+cache[:filename]+".png")
      msgbox "File does not exist: "+fn
      exit
    end
    self.bitmap = Cache.picture(cache[:filename]).clone
    self.flicker = cache[:flicker] unless cache[:flicker].nil?
    self.zoom_x = cache[:zx] unless cache[:zx].nil?
    self.zoom_y = cache[:zy] unless cache[:zy].nil?
    unless cache[:color].nil?
      self.color = Color.new(*cache[:color])
      self.color.red = rand(256) if cache[:color][0] == -1
      self.color.green = rand(256) if cache[:color][1] == -1
      self.color.blue = rand(256) if cache[:color][2] == -1
    end
    self.blend_type = cache[:blend] unless cache[:blend].nil?
    self.offset = cache[:offset] unless cache[:offset].nil?
    self.start_wave(*cache[:wave]) unless cache[:wave].nil?
    if cache[:fadein]
      self.opacity = 0
      fadein
      if get_char.is_a?(Game_Player)
        get_char.light_cache[:fadein] = false
      end
    else
      self.opacity = max_opacity
    end
    cache[:switch] = true if cache[:switch].nil?
    @cache = cache
    set_char
  end

def max_opacity
    result = 170
    result = @cache[:opacity] unless @cache[:opacity].nil?
    if !$game_switches[FFXLFX::On_Off_Switch]
      result = 0 if @cache[:switch]
    end
    return result
  end

def update
    super
    if @cache != get_cache
      set_char
      set_cache
      if [nil,{}].include?(@cache)
        fadeout
      end
      setup(@char.light_cache)
    end
    set_xyz
    update_fadeinout
    update_flicker if !fading
  end

def update_fadeinout
    fade_time = FFXLFX::Fade_Time
    if @fadein
      self.opacity = [[self.opacity+fade_time,0].max, max_opacity].min
      if self.opacity >= max_opacity
        @fadein = false
      else
        return
      end
    elsif @fadeout
      self.opacity -= fade_time
      if self.opacity == 0
        if @go2nil
          @to_nil = true
        end
        @fadeout = false
      else
        return
      end
    end
  end

def update_flicker
    if !@flicker.nil?
      self.visible = (rand(@flicker[0]) != @flicker[0]-1)
      self.opacity = 255-rand(@flicker[1])
      self.opacity = max_opacity if self.opacity > max_opacity
    else
      self.visible = true
    end
  end

def set_cache
    @cache = get_cache
    setup(@cache)
  end

def get_cache