PAC Main Menu Ace
Date: 12th of July, 2012
- <Version 1.2a> 2012.16.12 - Fixed the ugly height of the time window
- <Version 1.2> 2012.15.12 - Bugfix and release of Compact Addon
- <Version 1.1> 2012.07.12 - Added window orientation and heal button
- <Version 1.0> 2012.07.12 - Original Release
Planned Future Versions
No specifics, but I plan on releasing different, smaller scripts (add-ons) that simply add more graphical customization, much like the compact or ring options for the original VX script.
This is the PAC Main Menu converted to VX Ace. On a basic level, this offers a configurable setup for your main menu, allowing the user to create, alter and move the position of menu commands at their pleasure. It can be used very simply to merely reorder the default commands, or to its' fullest potential, that is creating commands to put custom scenes into the menu. It also offers two graphical features: adding an EXP gauge into the menu status window, and adding icons into the command display. Both are optional and customizable.
Also here is the Compact Addon. This script requires PAC Main Menu Ace to work. This is a graphical change to the menu, "compacting" the menu screen to only display the status window when required. The extra windows (the gold, map and playtime windows) can now by closed by pressing a designated button.
- Easily customize and move about the commands in the menu. You can even create your own!
- You can rename commands, change what they do (why would you want to though), and change the conditions required to use it.
- Icons for commands are now implemented in the menu. Optional, naturally.
- An EXP gauge is included in the actors' window. It may look out of place, but I wasn't sure where else to put it. It is, of course, optional.
- A map name window and a playtime window are included in the script. They are completely optional. As is the gold window now.
- The menu now remembers which command you were last on at all times, even after saving.
- The menu now immediately goes to actor selection if the command you just came from required actor selection.
- You can assign a button to heal the party when it is pressed in the menu during test play.
- You can choose to have the side windows on the left or right.
- Changeable height of the time window.
- "Compacted" command window with extra windows above and below it.
- Actor status window only appears when absolutely necessary (commands that require selection).
- Command window now in the centre of the screen. All the windows slide to the side for actor selection.
- Open and close the extra windows with the touch of a button.
- The menu remembers if the windows were open at all times, even after saving.
Here we see the menu being AWESOME.
Here is the Compact Addon in action.
Paste above Main, below Materials. For best compatibility put it at the top of your custom scripts list. There are detailed configuration instructions in the script header. If you have any inquiries, please ask me.
If you want to use the Compact Addon, paste the addon immediately below the base script.
PAC Main Menu Ace
Pacman, for the original script
- Want to be thanked? Suggest something, I might do it, put your name here and you might get a warm fuzzy feeling!
Just post here. This script can be very complicated, so please do not hesitate to ask questions.
Known Compatibility Issues
If you expect this to work with another menu system, please don't expect that.
I don't think it's very necessary. There are no in-game options, and the script itself is a demo.
My favourite note this week is the D above middle C (293.665 Hz), and my favourite synthetic tone is a sine wave.
You may use this script in any non-commercial project with credit. Contact me if you wish to use this in a commercial project. You may edit this script and use it in your own project, or even release it as your own script, as long as I am credited (being notified would also be nice).