RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] - Lands of Arcion: The Door of Fortune

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
Just few fellows... With a dream!
                                                               Lands of Arcion
                                                                       The Door of Fortune

So, I'm making a game with my brother with RPG Maker VX. We started making the game in the beginning of June :D. Here you can find stuff about the story, characters, places and some screenshots. This is the first game of the Lands of Arcion saga. The saga is like Final Fantasy, every game has it's own characters and story. Every game centers around the same world. The games will take you to different parts of the great world, Arcion. Join The Heroes of Arcion on their quests, that require bravery, stealth and even war skills... Defeat The Darkness and save Arcion and become the greatest Hero of Arcion!

Story:
Spoiler for:
Two youngsters, Sebastian and Gael, were exploring the Meadew Woods. And they found a pile of papers from between the trees and took a look at them. Then a big hole appeared and they fell down to the caves under the forest. There they saw a huge door, with 5 insets for somesort of plates. Then they left for home.

10 years later Sebastian and Gael are living a normal life and the town gets filled with odd looking people. In the Inn they meet a Tresure Hunter, called Edward. They talk with him and he tells them that they have to take him to the door they found and they say: yes. At the door Edward says that it must be opened with 5 plates. On the otherside of the door lies the endless treasure of the Fire God Mahawi. Then they leave to look for the plates.

Join Sebastian on his quest and meet new people, find new places and face the great Plate Guardians!

Characters:
Spoiler for:
Sebastian (Seb): Sebastian is a kind guy who leaves for the plates in a desire for money, but on the way he starts to like the adventure itself, and the money turns from a goal to a slight bonus for the time spent. His mother has passed away for a disease which killed a lot of people of Meadew.

Gael: He is an active guy and a drunk... But when required he can be sharp. He can hit a bird from 50 metres with his bow skills. He is a son of the towns smith. He likes to give nicknames to other people.

Edward (Ed): He is a mystical person and knows many stories and tales about the ancient world. He lived in the Castle of Bilgre. He was just a kid when the Black Magicians attacked the castle and destroyed it truly. He escaped just in time to survive. He started a new life as a Treasure Hunter and is now probably the most known Treasure Hunter ever.

Nara: She is kind, happy and way too curious. She wants to know too much and Edward starts to hate her because of her endless questions. Nara got White Magic training, but she got kicked out because of her curiosity. She ran into a forest nearby, and she ran into a Free Magicians camp. There she trained Druid skills for a year, before running into Seb and his friends.

Aslaf: He is a nerd... He notices everything and thinks of the solution for problems for a long time. He knows evertything and everyone hates him. He is a White Magician, and he is specialized in Light Magics Healing powers. He is just a beginner but he's still a smart Magician.

Shina: She gets easily angry, but inside she is a happy girl. She can't stand people who try to beat her in anything. She is an Elite White Magician, she also is a Battle Mage. She is planning a revenge against the Black Magicians of the Castle Bilgre.

History:
Spoiler for:
In the time of the ancient world, the 4 Gods created the world, people and animals. Wind God and Earth God were kind and created the people, sun, grass and trees. Fire God and Water God created fire, seas, blood and evil thoughts. And one day Fire God took a living form and started killing and destroying. The other three Gods decided to capture him and put him behind bars for the rest of the existance. So they put him into a Rod. The Fire Rod is now lying behind The Door of Fortune.

The Magic has divided into two. White and Black Magicians have fought from the beginning of the new time. White Magicians master the art of fire, water, light, earth, and wind magic. They get their power from nature and poetry. Black Magicians master the art of shadow, lighting and rock magic. They gather power from sacrifices and blood. But the ones who are not interested in Black nor White magic, might start being a ''Illegal Magician''. He/she can become a Free Mage, they master all the elements in magic and druid arts. Both White and Black Magicians wish to destroy all free mages, because they say that they are a threat for the world.

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

Progress:
Spoiler for:
:) 13.7.2012 - I have edited the facepics and given every npc a facepic too. I have fixed some problems and created some more of the Sherf Fields. There is and quest... I have also added a new (HUGE) IconSet. Downside of the IconSet is that I can't add the MQ and SQ icons to it...  :( But, I have made progress and I'm gonna do some more!
 ;8 14.7.2012 - I have fixed some more problems and almost finished Sherf Fields! There is now a SideQuest there! I have added a boss fight in the Meadew Caves, and edited the intro. I hope to get more stuff done tomorrow, but the progress today has been huge!  :P
 8) 3.8.2012 After long break I have continued working on the Sherf Caves. I have created a small part of a Dwarven Camp inside the Caves, and it will continue tomorrow. Sorry for the break. There is going to be another Demo coming, after the Caves and a mansion are finished.  ^-^
 :( 4.8.2012 I didn't do much today. I only finished few maps and created new equipment. Nothing more. :-\
 :) 13.10.2012 It has been long time since I've continued this project. I finished few maps and I amde a boss battle. I made also started few Side Quests in the caves.  :rstoned:
 ;D 7.-11.1.2013 I've made incredible progress! I finished the Dwarven Camp in the caves and I have updated the Sherf Fields and a little bit of The Town of Meadew.

DEMO HERE!

« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 08:18:11 PM by EjokkiandEntro »

I'm sorry, but I've got things to do!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
First of all, I'm really wondering if you'll ever start The Journey II. Leave out the I, otherwise others people will be expecting a II and you guys might not even start creating it.

Second, some questions about the story. Why does the town get filled with old people? Why don't Sebastian and Gael go for a search in the first place?
Maybe you should make them get scared for the door as to the appearance of two huge enemies in front of the door, first time they find it. Second time they go there they are 10 years older (and stronger probably) and they have the Edward guy with them so they aren't that scared any more.

Third and last, why do you use poor quality enlarged spritehead faces and not the RTP's decent quality faceset faces?

One more thing, I'd love to see a demo. Besides these remarks, I find it quite interesting.  ^-^

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Hey, this sounds pretty original.
I'm sure this could turn out to be a great project with commitment!
Although, I can't picture a water god creating hate. :yesyes:
なんでやねん

First of all, I'm really wondering if you'll ever start The Journey II. Leave out the I, otherwise others people will be expecting a II and you guys might not even start creating it.

Second, some questions about the story. Why does the town get filled with old people? Why don't Sebastian and Gael go for a search in the first place?
Maybe you should make them get scared for the door as to the appearance of two huge enemies in front of the door, first time they find it. Second time they go there they are 10 years older (and stronger probably) and they have the Edward guy with them so they aren't that scared any more.

Third and last, why do you use poor quality enlarged spritehead faces and not the RTP's decent quality faceset faces?

One more thing, I'd love to see a demo. Besides these remarks, I find it quite interesting.  ^-^

Thanks for the reply. My brother has already started The Journey II with RPG Maker XP, so this is I already.
The town gets filled with odd people, because a hunter, called Elb, left Meadew and told a tale about the door, and the odd people are other Treasure Hunters looking for the door. Elb told only Edward about Seb and Gael, who found the door. I like the idea about the two enemies, but I'm not adding them to the first demo. I am a very bad spriter and pixel artist, so I am going to ask someone to make a faceset for me, but that will not be in the first demo.
Thank you for your comments!  ^-^

The demo is coming sometime today! So be patient! ;)

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I can make you some facesets with RMVXA charmaker...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

I can make you some facesets with RMVXA charmaker...

Thank you very much! We will appreciate that!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
How's this for your main characters??
I tried putting a bit of character (as much as you dropped in your topic start) into each one of them, trying to make them look like the sprites.

It's male on the top row and female in the bottom row.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

I tried putting a bit of character (as much as you dropped in your topic start) into each one of them, trying to make them look like the sprites.

This is fabulous! Thank you very much! These will be used!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=

Give me spritesets for anything in the game and I'll see what I can do, no credits needed by the way, except for Edward and Aslaf as their hair is a recolour...

Also, I like the Shina and Aslaf best from those!!

But I have one very big comment on your demo.
DELETE IT for that website now! Don't ever RAR and send your entire folder to others. Go to VX, open your game and Compress AND Encrypt it without RTP (most of us have the RTP, others will get it somewhere else).
It's so that others can't steal your game!
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:01:17 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Give me spritesets for anything in the game and I'll see what I can do, no credits needed by the way, except for Edward and Aslaf as their hair is a recolour...

Also, I like the Shina and Aslaf best from those!!

I like Shina, Aslaf and Nara best! I have 3 characters foe you right here:

Young Seb =
Young Gael =
Scarface =

Thanks for the comment...
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 03:07:24 PM by EjokkiandEntro »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=

Young Seb =
Young Gael =
Scarface =

How about these?

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Young Seb =
Young Gael =
Scarface =

How about these?

These are great! I'm about to change the overworld sprites of Edward to match your facepic of him! All your facesets are wonderful!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
These are great! I'm about to change the overworld sprites of Edward to match your facepic of him! All your facesets are wonderful!
They are done with VXA Character Maker and then (if necessary) edited in Paint.NET
You don't have to credit me as Graphics artist as it's all Enterbrain graphics.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
It's only my opinion, but I like sprite faces from first demo) They look original ^ ^
I'm about to change the overworld sprites of Edward to match your facepic of him!
Please, no! Edward is my favorite, and I like how he is. He reminds me about Obi-Wan Kenobi sometimes...
I wonder, why his face was made so different from original.

My version of Ed... VXA Character Maker too)
http://imageshack.us/f/405/edward3.png

AND: When party came from the forest, they decide to stay and rest. But Seb's HP not recovered at all, and when Gael join again he has Level 1! And Yria's dagger still in inventory after completing 'find dagger' quest.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:16:13 PM by AlexArmstrong »

It's only my opinion, but I like sprite faces from first demo) They look original ^ ^
I'm about to change the overworld sprites of Edward to match your facepic of him!
Please, no! Edward is my favorite, and I like how he is. He reminds me about Obi-Wan Kenobi sometimes...
I wonder, why his face was made so different from original.

My version of Ed... VXA Character Maker too)
http://imageshack.us/f/405/edward3.png

Thanks for the comment... I took your facepic and swapped the original overworld sprite back. The new overworld sprites didn't look so wise and mystical, it was like happy and joyful. :)