RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Valve announces Steam Greenlight

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

Valve have just announced Steam Greenlight. The new service will work like the Steam Workshop, but for indie games. Creators can submit their work for rating by gamers, and the best rated games will then enter Valve’s approval process for inclusion in the Steam store.

The new service was revealed at a private event in London for British indie designers. Apparently the official website will launch soon, and we’ll have more information as soon as more anonymous text messages come through to my phone.
http://steamcommunity.com/greenlight
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/07/09/steam-greenlight-announced-lets-gamers-vote-indie-games-on-to-steam/

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Awesome! This is going to be really good for both developers and players.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I do hope RMXP games will be supported, other wise, this seems cool! (altough you might have to sift through a ton of crap to find the gems)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
You have to sift through a ton of crap to find the gems in the Steam Workshop as well, yet the good stuff usually manages to find a way to shine through. This definitely sounds good for hopeful game developers to make a name for themselves.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
This is the smartest thing they could have done.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its a great idea.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
How exactly does pricing work with this?

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
You don't purchase the game from Greenlight, if it gets enough attention and positive feedback it gets added to Steam, so I imagine the publisher/developer sets the price as usual.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:40:31 AM by Firerain »

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Ah, see I was thinking people actually played the game and rated it on Greenlight like how Newground's blam system worked, and then it got added to Steam.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
well if it supported for rpg maker games someone will need to work on the steam API and turn it into an usable rpg maker script.
and if they allowed for free i will make it for free since there are less indie games that are free.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I somehow doubt that they'll be accepting RPG Maker games, but I guess you never know.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I somehow doubt that they'll be accepting RPG Maker games, but I guess you never know.

If they accept To The Moon to steam, I see no reason why they wouldn't accept other RPG Maker games.

I'll just say that they probably wont accept ALL RPG Maker games but will probably accept some.

This should be a pretty cool service I think.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
To The Moon isn't a Steam game. Reives sold it via another site for indie games.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
To The Moon isn't a Steam game. Reives sold it via another site for indie games.

So are the many articles indicating that the game is going to steam soon incorrect?

http://freebirdgames.com/forum/index.php?topic=4019.0
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 06:30:08 PM by Lethrface »
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?

So are the many articles indicating that the game is going to steam soon incorrect?

Huh. I hadn't heard about that. That's interesting... but then, To The Moon did receive a LOT of media attention despite being an RPG Maker game, so it's not too surprising that Steam's considering to add it in. Well, we'll see what happens then.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

Huh. I hadn't heard about that. That's interesting... but then, To The Moon did receive a LOT of media attention despite being an RPG Maker game, so it's not too surprising that Steam's considering to add it in. Well, we'll see what happens then.

It could also be responsible for shattering the glass ceiling for RPG Maker games.  Frankly, I'd be happy to see more success even if I won't be any part of it.  I don't expect to see any half-assed games getting accepted obviously.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
If RM games go on steam, I hope they keep them in their own section. That I can lock.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
If RM games go on steam, I hope they keep them in their own section. That I can lock.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Why? It's not like bad RPG Maker games would get on Steam. There are a tons of shitty games made without game creation software like RPG Maker, but those don't make it on there either.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
if i were you instead of developers talking about possible released or rpg maker game on steam. how about.
developer should start making a compact-able version of the Steamworks system for rpg maker vx,xp,ace, etc... so rpg maker developers can start making achievements or whatever steamworks can do to the game and the steam itself...

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Everyone vote for Eye of the Tiger

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Why? It's not like bad RPG Maker games would get on Steam. There are a tons of shitty games made without game creation software like RPG Maker, but those don't make it on there either.

Rep:
Level 94
Doesn't matter. I still stand by my original post.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I just want to off-handedly point out that the Corpse Party series is made in RPG Maker and got ported to the PSP, clunky bad mechanics and all. Didn't sell much but it made a decent profit (not enough to warrant translating the sequel though).
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
RPG Maker games aren't inherently bad.  That being said, I'm heavily considering this.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon