RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Its time to discuss... Indie Game Maker

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
RMRK Junior
So, I was curious to see what Indie Game Maker was like, at first I thought it was cool. I was able to create games on my pc and run them on my xbox 360. However, there are just no tutorials for IGM. In my opinion, the user interface was terrible and confusing, so many tabs, so many weird check boxes. I made a game with a Action Battle System and it ran pretty good with my pc, but when I converted the progect with XNA Game Studios, it just wouldn't work on my xbox 360 which is the whole point of IGM. Its strange because other projects would. The animation was easy to use and thats about it. I just wish Enterbrain would snap to their senses and make a RPG Maker for PC that could have its data converted for the XNA Marketplace. No not a RPG Maker for the Playstation with its limited resources and user base. Whats your opinion on this horrible excuse of a game creator known as IG Maker?

Rep:
Level 71
I've never cared for IGM, I tried it once but it seemed too complicated. I believe Enterbrain is making IGM tutorials now. There is also a new software being developed by Enterbrain that'll allow you to convert RM games to XNA. I do not know what RM softwares are supported.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Microsoft doesn't want a bunch of shit games on the marketplace.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Microsoft has a tight grip on XBLA games and charges developers a fortune, but XBLIG games are peer reviewed and more accessible to the little guy. From what I've heard though, both XBLA and XBLIG games perform much worse than their PC releases.

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
I've never cared for IGM, I tried it once but it seemed too complicated. I believe Enterbrain is making IGM tutorials now. There is also a new software being developed by Enterbrain that'll allow you to convert RM games to XNA. I do not know what RM softwares are supported.

They are working to create an add-on for VX-Ace that will allow XNA support, but this appears to still be in the planning stage. Since about January, they've mentioned it will take a few months, but recently one of their reps stated they don't know when it will be completed. It'd be nice if they could get this done in time for the year-end holidays, but it's anybody's guess at this point.

As of right now, this will only be for Ace, with no word if they ever plan to go back and do this for previous installments of the maker series (XP or VX).

Rep:
Level 84
Yes, hoh my gawd!
They can add XNA support all they like, but you can't just run your finished product on the xbox. You have to pay a 99$ yearly fee through Microsoft's indie thing. After paying this fee, you'll then be able to test your XNA powered game on your xbox without any complications. But without paying, you can't.