RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Deleted by User

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
RMRK Junior
Deleted by User
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 01:49:56 AM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Oh, so this is a finished game. How long do you think the average person can complete it?

RMRK Junior
5-8 hours, maybe, depends on how fast you level up.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Downloading now, I'll get back to you when I'm done with it. I'm a very slow player.

EDIT: I turned off the SE (or ME) sounds... I think you have the worst menu selection sound in the world  :-\
if you where headphones it will kill your ears... back to playing.

EDIT2: After talking to the king, & going downstairs you enter some type of courtyard place. If you go to the top left corner of the map you can walk on a picture frame, from there you can get on top of the outer walls. You can then walk along the outer wall and take 3 chests that are behind a door that requires a key to access.

EDIT3: I found the first piece of Edrick's lost items or something inside a cave. It was his tablet to be exact. There was text that went up on the screen (probably me reading the tablet) and then the text repeats. It does this over and over. And if I can't get out of this screen, I essentially cannot complete the game.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2012, 07:55:16 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Now downloading, though at this moment I already have some comments.

1. Did not go through the entire text because there are no headings, no spoilers, no images, no NOTHING. Please, try to dress your topic a bit better as this is like a really chubby person walking around nude; not cool!

2. Did not even look at the topic title besides the "1.3 Full Game". What's up with that? Is it finished or not? Also after that I went to look to your game name and then I went "Ultimate? Dragon? Warrior?  :o" If you had read the "game names - What not to do" topic you should have seen that ultimate, dragon and warrior are all words that should not be used as they have been used waaaaay to much in the past.

3. Went to the website for the download, tried looking for the download but I clicked a wrong button several times. This is however not your problem but the site you uploaded it to. Don't worry about this, though. But if you wish to create more games and to recieve a larger audience, please buy some webspace somewhere and upload it so it can be downloaded easily.

Well, yeah that's it this far. Though I might be stunned by a great game besides the things I've just put up.

EDIT: Review
Spoiler for Title and Intro:
I don't like the title screen or audio. You really need to improve that! If you don't want to buy Photoshop or can't use it, try Paint.NET it's free to download and it will make better graphics than paint. Try to make the font a bit smoother.

Also the text in the beginning. It's scrolling up to quick (needed to restart 4 times to read it all) or too much at once. You may as well shorten the paragraphs to three sentences a time and more empty lines to give readers a pause to rest their eyes for a bit. Perhaps you can show us a bit of the history. Show us who the characters are, show the handing over of that ball of light, show the bodies of the men who failed, ...

Spoiler for Game:
Why is the king walking in his chair? Let him stand still, PLEASEEEEE!!!
The door disappears in thin air? WTH?
There's this mage or something inside the castle and it makes light shine upon me. YAAY! But why is there this invisible barrier?? Why can't I hit this guy?

YAY, I gotz killed by a red slimey!!! Please ask people to save on leaving the safe zones (castles, villages, ...) or something.
Also there's Edrick's Cave. Why is there no warning sign? Warning signs might be useful. And why is the slime that strong? You need to alter the database so that the monsters are beatable and all items have a description.

Spoiler for Story:
First of all, there's this "TEXT" "TEXT" "TEXT" thing... Hate this, you know the king is speaking. But let him speak even more formal than with only thou, thee and thy. He should be using difficult words and asking you questions such as "I see my words did not reach thou interest! May it be so that my speaking is far too difficult for thee?" and expensive stuff like that!

Spoiler for Characters:
You are the ascendant of Edrick. Who is Edrick?
Also, in your story there's Leorik... But in game, it says LeoriC several times... Which one is it?

Spoiler for Bugs:
I can climb bookcases!! YAY (try to fix this, also the basement I found this bug in it pretty badly mapped...)
Also in the nearest town, there are two houses which have a bug according to the graphical. Outside of the house it shows parts of tables, inside it's normal.

Besides these critiques, I will surely play it as soon as it has the bugs fixed and the database altered.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 07:37:34 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
  "Ultimate? Dragon? Warrior? 
This is a fan game for Dragon Warrior.  :)

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
  "Ultimate? Dragon? Warrior? 
This is a fan game for Dragon Warrior.  :)
I know but still, overused. I did propose some other game titles however.

Dragon Warrior fans will always find out this is a fangame of their favourite game, other people won't play because of Dragon or Warrior in the title thinking "Oh, god, not another slay the dragon fantasy RPG!!", they would however play something called "Saviour of Alfeguard" as that tricks the brain into thinking "I wonder how I can save this Alfeguard thing or person!"

For all I know, Alfeguard is the name of the world and it has probably been used in the original game too.

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
>I'm now continuing with Version 1.3

Well, the Wings item doesn't work when you are inside a dungeon, you should clarify that in the item's description. I think its really cool how I found the tablet and have to have it deciphered. You're honestly doing a really great job conveying a believable world since there is a high amount of exploration to be done. What I like the most is how a person I talked to told me the location of a town. When I got to that town, someone told me to head in a specific direction and there'd be a cave. The interaction-exploration based gameplay is something I really love, mainly because of Morrowind.

Back to bugs and such:
I saw an NPC walking on water in Breccon. I also find it odd how only a few of the houses are blacked out until you enter them and not all or none. Also, in Breccon in the toolshop, a man sells a blank item that does nothing and costs nothing. I bought 99 just to be safe.
That's pretty much all I can play right now. I'm tired. I'll continue at another time. Would you like me to PM you my progress in the game rather than posting a bunch on the topic?

RMRK Junior
There is a new video up for Version 1.4.