RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Easy way to change Actor Graphic based on equipped Armor/Clothes? [Solved]

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Junior
M'kay, firstly, I know HOW to change a characters Actor Graphic depending on what they have equipped. I even have a Common Event (Parallel Trigger) that does just that and it works fine. My goal is to find out if there's a simpler way to do this than the method I'm currently using.

At the moment, I'm basically doing this with a big Conditional Branch tree where each possible armor piece gets its own Conditional Branch command in the previous ones "Else" section, and ending in a 'nude' option in the last "Else" statement (meaning that none of the previous ones are equipped, thus the character is 'nude').

Example:
Code: [Select]
@>Conditional Branch: Armor1 Equipped
    @>Change Actor Graphic: GraphicArmor1
    @>
  : Else
    @>Conditional Branch: Armor2 Equipped:
        @>Change Actor Graphic: GraphicArmor2
        @>
        @>Conditional Branch: Armor3 Equipped:
            @>Change Actor Graphic: GraphicArmor3
            @>
            @>Change Actor Graphic: GraphicNude
            @>
          : Branch End
        @>
    @>
@>

Is there a simpler or cleaner way to check what the character has equipped, and to assign the appropriate graphic? Calling it in a script, maybe (and if so, how would that script look, how would I write it)? I would do it without all the "Else" statements, but then I couldn't apply the 'nude' graphic when there was nothing equipped, since the editor doesn't seem to give the option to check whether the character has "nothing" equipped.

Edit:
Solved. Figured out how to do what I was wanting to do.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2012, 03:20:02 AM by xgkf »

Rep:
Level 73
Impossibre!
Participant - GIAW 11
I believe that modern algebra made a "Visual Equipment" script. If you want to try it out, it's over in the script archive.