RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
3D

I love Firerain
Rep:
Level 97
=D
Err, I don't know whats going on these days but every damn movie I go to is 3D. Frankly, I don't care if its 3D or 2D, but I'd prefer 2D anyday. No weight of those black glasses. The glasses make everything so much darker, also, most movies with 3D these days don't really have anything worth going "Oh my God, look at that coming right at us!"

That or, I've seen so many that I don't care anymore.
Now, the simple solution would be to catch the 2D show. That's the problem. First of all, for some reason, the 2D show goes out of the theaters much much before the 3D ones, at least here. Indians are probably crazy over 3D, I dunno. And I don't really see movies as soon as they come out, I go after a week or two so after the crowd has subsided a little.
Yeah, I'm one of those Indians who can't tolerate a crowd :|
The 2D version of MIB was literally out the theaters like, a week or so in. The 3D one is still running  :mad:
Also, timings. The 3D show will have like, so many different timings in a day, while the 2D one will have 2-3 at the weirdest times.

Now there are a few cinema halls nearby my place, and it's the same condition everywhere. I saw madagascar yesterday (Yes, I saw madagascar - i'm on vacation and really really bored - also its not that bad) and I really didn't notice anything special with the 3D effects other than the title "MADAGASCAR" in the beginning.

This is pretty much a rant. I was just curious, am I missing something? If 3D is so popular, everyone must love it. And is this the case everywhere?
I mean, I know a movie in 3D is 3D everywhere but, is there that discrimination against 2D as well? Also, am I weird to hate 3D :O?
Arlen is hot.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
It's just as bad in America, people go apeshit over 3D for no reason.

Rep:
Level 71
I've always preferred 2D movies since 3D always give me a headache. I understand what you mean about not seeing the effects, I hardly see a difference. I pretty sure most people can't either, they just freak out when they hear the word 3D. Which causes 3D movies to sell more, that's most likely why they get better times.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
3D is ok for some things, but not for everything.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
The weirdest thing I heard was in my Film Studies class when this girl said she had 2D glasses she took to 3D movies to watch the movie purposefully in 2D.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I was watching the new Pirates of the Caribbean in 3D and was blown away by the green lantern commercial but other than that, it was nothing major to me.  A few scenes looked amazing, specifically scenes where it actually looked like you were on the boat and you could look out over the ocean and it looked beautiful but that requires a little bit of imagination to be used there and I don't go to the movies to use my imagination, I go to let the movie show me the things I wouldn't have ever imagined.

The 3D Gimmick is used in such cheesy ways sometimes that it is hard to care about.  I can totally see every bit of the 3D stuff and I love the idea but it just has not been used properly yet.  Most of the movies I have seen do look just as good in 2D as in 3D.

The weirdest thing I heard was in my Film Studies class when this girl said she had 2D glasses she took to 3D movies to watch the movie purposefully in 2D.
Hmmm... seems like it is possible to me.  All the movies are is two different projectors on a special screen and both lenses are different and allow the eyes to view only the ranges that that specific lens can view.  Actually, I know what I'm saying but I don't know how to explain it in detail exactly.  I looked it up a while back to see if I could produce 3D style images using the glasses that I took from the theater only to find out I couldn't do it without special stuff.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
One word: Coraline.

I support:

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
It's just as bad in America, people go apeshit over 3D for no reason.
Eh. It's a cyclical thing, I think. Part of every decade there's a recrudescence of 3D movies, and then interest abates. There are more showings in my area for 2D than 3D, though.

I saw Prometheus in 3D and liked it, and probably the first time in ten years I've seen one. I can't stand picture book 3D, but subtle depth is wonderful. Most of the time 3D is just distracting so I avoid it like the plague. The trailer for Hobbit was weird. The smoke from the pipes look awful, and some of the objects looked too discrete, almost like cutouts.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I will say that Avatar in 3D Imax was incredible however.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Choose wisely. :V

Rep:
Level 97
The 3D, Avatar was great the first time I saw it and I can't sit through it at all anymore. Same goes for The Dark Knight.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
I couldn't finish Avatar but I know exactly how you feel about The Dark Knight.

Same with inception. It was incredible in theater but unbearable afterward. His movies are too contrived and his action is pretty mediocre.