RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Brady needs VXA help! :D [resolved :)]

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I've just got myself VXA and have only been using 2K3 from now, so I expect issues that baffle me to crop up from time to time as I slowly try and learn how the hell this all actually works, so for the sake of this board I'll keep any and all my questions to this wee thread :)

Odd issue here.  I have my main character set so that you can go to a room where you can select your sprite from a bunch of different options.  That all works well and dandy, but when you get to any of the stages in the game where you get a new party member, your characters sprite reverts to the initial appearance (although class, weapons/gear etc stays the same).  I thought it was the Initialise option acting up so removed that, but it kept happening.

It's not a game-breaking issue, as you can go back to teh room and change your sprite again, but it feels like it's defeating the point of letting you choose your own sprite if it gets reverted every time your party changes, which happens on a fairly regular basis.

I can't think of anything at all that would explain this, it just makes no sense to me at all.

Any and all input appreciated!  Thanks to everyone who's helped me up until now! :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 02:15:28 AM by Brady »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Enterbrain\RGSS3\RPGVXAce

Assuming you're using 64-bit 7, of course. But that'll point you in the right direction. I believe the resource sizes are also stored in the help file that comes with VXA, but not sure about that.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Feel free to call me stupid but what do I open .dll extensions with? :s

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
You don't open .DLL files, they're libraries/system files used by software

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Well how do I access it to see the filese therein, then?  I can't get into the RTP folders to open any of them up in an image editing program; I usually use the RTP files as templates for edits or new files, but finding myself beaten here :(

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
I'm sorry? The folder I specified has a subfolder called Graphics containing all the images in PNG format. Make sure you're in Program Files/Common Files/Enterbrain/RGSS3/. Now would be a good time to ask what OS you use.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Aha, that's my fault entirely, I missed the common files on your first address bar.  Thank-you for the help again :)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Found it <3
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 01:58:11 PM by Brady »

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Would like to bump this, as my latest problem is becoming a nuisance and I've come up blank on all counts so far.

Rep:
Level 73
Artista
2012 Best Artist2012 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)Winner - 2011 Summer Project of the Season
The very first tile on the left in Tile B has to be set to a star. This is the tile that covers the map by default, and the only way it preserves the passabilities of Tiles A is if it's set to a star. :)
My current project:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I absolutely did not know that o_o
That'll be why my only fix is when I load up all the tilesets fresh on a new array then, cuz when I go and change the pas. I don't touch that..never need to.

Dunno how they get changed in the firts place though...

Cheers!  Been losin' sleep over that! :)

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
New question:

Odd issue here.  I have my main character set so that you can go to a room where you can select your sprite from a bunch of different options.  That all works well and dandy, but when you get to any of the stages in the game where you get a new party member, your characters sprite reverts to the initial appearance (although class, weapons/gear etc stays the same).  I thought it was the Initialise option acting up so removed that, but it kept happening.

It's not a game-breaking issue, as you can go back to teh room and change your sprite again, but it feels like it's defeating the point of letting you choose your own sprite if it gets reverted every time your party changes, which happens on a fairly regular basis.

Cheers x