RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Any Piece

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
- Story Synopsis: Any Piece is a Systematized journey of a Boy on his way to manhood through the village Teleha Ceremony. briefly before the story starts he is a year off when he first wanted to join the Teleha Ceremony, so after the ceremony he set off to Train for whatever would lie ahead in his Task for the Teleha Ceremony.
   The Teleha Ceremony is an ancient tradition that the village of Padwa Upholds as a great treasure, In their ancient tongue Teleha Means “Age” and so It is the Age Ceremony that is to tell whether a child may or may not become an adult. The ceremony is a basic gathering where each of the Attenders Speak with the Oracle Seer of the village to get a task, once they have completed their task they must return to Padwa to have the Oracle Seer overlook their deeds and ensure it was done by honesty and not treachery, and thus they would pass the Teleha Ceremony.

- World Development: The game world is so far one of two which you will learn in your first traveling the the Sky Lands. The world is also custom made and i don't have screens yet, but it is field type, and easily navigable!

- Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

- Character bios:

Simp: The Lead Character of "Any Piece"
Persona:He has a passion for hard work and enjoys people very much, but he is unable to smile or frown, so it seems that he is always Emotionless.
Biography: He's From the Datrion Tribe of his village, always living deep in the forest gave him a few hobbies when he was young, Climbing trees, throwing rocks at squirrels, and swimming in the creeks and streams that flow through the forest. He is the youngest of 2 in his family, Him and his older Brother Mesakai (Maski), who he has never really looked up to, except to see his face.

Mesakai (Maski): Simp's Older Brother and Armorer of the Datrion Tribe.
Persona: He's a large tuft fellow, with a larger heart, and tougher ideals, he believes theres no room in the world for crybabies, and is really backfired By Simp's Expressionless Stares.
Biography:Mesakai Is Simp's Older, and Larger, Brother. He spent his time as a child making play spears and swords for the practice and feeling of accomplishment. his Task for the Teleha ceremony was to make a steel sword from the ores of the Sky lands. for such a time consuming task it took him 4 weeks to complete it, which also gives him record time for the journey to the Sky Lands.

Skya: SKya belives herself to be an outstanding person, and hates to be griped otherwise, she comes from a small private island to the east which is home to a verry rich tribe of people, but nonetheless still hardworking.
Persona: Bright and inteligent, simple and elegent, but a bit blunt on the corse side of things.
Biography: It's been long since she left home to become a  wizardess, though her magic is low and her strength is greater, she wields sword batons to make up for her lack. Sword batons are realy a rare thing to apear anywhere because wizards mainly use staffs and wands, but Skya has a goal to start the world into the recognition of warrior magic.

Vorra: Skya's young cousin.
Persona: Bright, Cheerful, Impulsive towards guys, Strong, Hyper, teasing, and hypicritical.
Biography: Vorra is skya's younger cousin who happens to be their clan Elder's Child and a prodigy on their sacred arts. Vorra decided she wanted to run away from home to seek adventure, joy and prosper. By her unimaginable luck she happens to run into Simp who at the time has shortly been traveling with Skya. and now has an impossible goal of making Simp smile and blush.

Note: I'm going for originality here

For Site Critiqs: At least play the demo before you yell at me!

Demo: http://tinyurl.com/6mbk83g

No i am not putting Ecchi in my game, it's just the way i came up with vorra's personality.

- Credits Section:

Empire I and Atachi
Yanfly Engine Ace - Command Window Icons v1.00
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 01:10:02 PM by crow5derlock »
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Your writing is sub-par and the game offers very little else. Sounds like there will be travelling between two worlds? That's cool, sure, and the story sounds serviceable but there's not much else to go on. Just polish your writing a bit more. Your maps are devoid of detail and life, make your outdoor areas more chaotic and... well, outdoor-sy.

Also, what's with the black mountains the trees are planted on? Any Piece is also a really awkward name. I take it you're trying to strike a feel with One Piece... don't. It doesn't sound very good.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
No, i didn't choose the name because of one piece, but that was a good catch, the trees planted on the voided areas is temporary and will only be in the demo until i find something better to map it with

*Edit: on second thought i'm going to keep it just how it is, i'll let it spark originality!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 10:54:08 AM by crow5derlock »

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
your maps make me want to vomit in my own eyes

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
your maps make me want to vomit in my own eyes

*awe why thank you very much!
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:13:24 AM by crow5derlock »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
*Edit: on second thought i'm going to keep it just how it is, i'll let it spark originality!

This is the worst mentality.
You are using those tiles incorrectly. They were made to be used as interior cavern walls.
Also, your trees clash horribly, and your bright green grass makes the trees look pale in comparison.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
My mentality is insanity, so please keep that in mind ^-^

and i'm still working on the colors anyway, i noticed the color blight when i started it and it hasn't really stopped my motivation, and not to mention you people think way to highly of yourselves to think on whether this person your criticizing is actually trying or just slopping it together. from what i can tell you all just think it's being slopped together right now, but that's OK, because it's in development for a reason, so there's no real reason to make a big deal out of it.

So until i fix it make whatever horrid critics you want but that wont change how i'm making MY GAME!

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
INB4 adrien, also i agree with everything posted above, your maps look odd and not realistic

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
updated Mapping in the Demo, Jeez you people really expect the lowest from me.

*edit: and for the small amount of writing on the synopsis, it's short so i don't start writing a book about it, ruin the game, and quit on the project.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 03:31:49 AM by crow5derlock »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Skya looks kawaii. I like the pieces you chose for her. =o

EDIT:

Also, I like this map the best:

Spoiler for:

but I think the others need a touch of work. I think you should get some really earthy, natural-looking tilesets for this game, or recolor the ones you are using. :o By that, I mean take down the saturation a touch and re-import them.

Just my opinion. :o
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 04:07:08 AM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

and i'm still working on the colors anyway, i noticed the color blight when i started it and it hasn't really stopped my motivation, and not to mention you people think way to highly of yourselves to think on whether this person your criticizing is actually trying or just slopping it together. from what i can tell you all just think it's being slopped together right now, but that's OK, because it's in development for a reason, so there's no real reason to make a big deal out of it.

So until i fix it make whatever horrid critics you want but that wont change how i'm making MY GAME!

You are using tiles incorrectly and it's very noticeable.
It's not bad critique. It's a fact.
Go ahead and take no one's advice. Just don't expect anyone here to enjoy your game.

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Spoiler for:

You are using tiles incorrectly and it's very noticeable.
It's not bad critique. It's a fact.
Go ahead and take no one's advice. Just don't expect anyone here to enjoy your game.

I updated the mapping in the demo, i'll add more screen-shots later

*edit: Updated Character information.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:35:40 AM by crow5derlock »

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Two new screens, but i am fixing the placement problem with the event

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
So i'm an idiot, and not for the mapping cause i fixed that, but i decided to count how many maps i still need, and the over all count that i have for now is 101 maps...

i now feel belittled.

but right now i need some suggestions for a boss battle.