RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Sort of hard to explain, but listen...

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
GAMING IS FUN!!!!!!!!!! *throws ps3 pad at HD tv*
      I was wondering if it was possible to create an event-like storytelling thingymajig... in the sense that, (for instance) when the player character is reading a letter, the screen can fade out to black and just show a sheet of paper with writing on it (symbolising the letter being read) or an npc telling a story and instead of the writing and the conversation being confined in the little box at the bottom of the screen, it will utilise the whole screen just for that short period of time...

Is it possible? Just hoping to confirm so I can plan for it, or work around this...

Thanks in advance for any contribution (^_^)
one does not just simply walk into Mordor

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
It's very easy, If i understand what you want, all you have to do is fade the screen to black and use a show picture command, then when your done, a remove picture command, you should laso lock up controls and menus as well.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
GAMING IS FUN!!!!!!!!!! *throws ps3 pad at HD tv*
Easy for you but hard for me :(

I sort of understand what needs to be done, just not sure how to go about it... (if that makes sense)
one does not just simply walk into Mordor

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
You could essentially read tutorials for the older RPG Makers on how to do this stuff and it would be roughly the same thing as the newer ones.

Assuming this is RPG Maker you are talking about.

I suggest reading the help file first off.  It will get you started with understanding what basic commands are available.  Also, spend some time with each of the event commands and experiment with them to familiarize yourself with it before working on a game.

Secondly, there are plenty of video tutorials out there that have instructions on how to do something similar.  The event commands may be in different places or named only slightly different but for something like this, you should be able to figure it out pretty easily once y know the basics.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7hixiEYwiY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7hixiEYwiY</a>
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.