RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX][TEAM GAME] Echoes of a Genius Mind

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Echoes of a Genius Mind

By: Tatton Ray
D&P3
Marc
evildrspock
AbsoluteIce
and The_Mormegil

Maker:RPG Maker VX

Genre:Adventure Puzzle RPG

Backstory: Have you ever wondered what it's like to be a Genius? have you ever wondered how some people can do things without any effort at all that others simply cannot imagine. That's what it's like for people like Rachel Katsumoto, the world's youngest Ph.D owner in physics. Despite that, she still goes to a regular high school to get education in something she has always wanted to do since childhood: sports. While incredibly meek, Rachel will not stop until she gets her way in school, even though certain organizations are vying to use the gift of her Genius to reshape the world in their way.

Take on the role of this girl, and discover the power of Genius, and its many forms.

Characters:
  • Rachel Kastumoto: A shy girl with an unparalleled knowledge of mathematics. All she wants to do is play Football.
  • Caleb Crews: One of Rachel's few friends, a social empath, and gifted with all things herbal.
  • Michael Crawford: A football player who saw Rachel as someone with a dream to fulfill, who warns her about the CIA's attempts to capture and control Geniuses. Born with Zen Suppression and has a gift of martial arts.
  • Walter Langston: A master mind with a bit of an attitude and ego, who tags along just because he's bored and hates the CIA. Gifted with pressure points and acupuncture.

Roles:With Marc as the scripter and voice of reason, he will be the one calling the majority of the shots. I will do database management in terms of rough animations, item management, and rough mapping. All graphics will be handled by evildrspock, with dialogue/story writing done by several people, namely me, The_Mormegil, and possibly Marc if he wants to. To top it off, all eventing, both cinematic-wise and script-wise, will be done by a good ol' boy named D&P3, who is also reviewing, piece by piece, another game in the works.

Screenshots:
Spoiler for:

Demo:
Pending

Cheers,
Revtattertot
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 08:17:34 PM by Revtattertot »
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Can't wait to see how you all will turn this story into an Action RPG. I'll keep an eye out.

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
I've always like team made games and its about time you guys all started :)

When can me and horomu expect a demo? ;D
Sometimes I wonder if I need psychiatric help :'(

Rep:
Level 57
Well, most of here are still in the writing/scripting stage so don't expect much for at least a week. However, we will post progress in here occasionally so until the demo is up that can at least whet people's appetite.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
Sometimes I wonder if I need psychiatric help :'(

Rep:
Level 57
Nothing major just yet. We have AI and dp3 currently doing the mapping/eventing.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Still no updates or demo available??

I want to play :p

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
We're not actually getting very far.

I don't know where Marc or evildrspock have gone.
Mormegil hasn't been around either, but we know why.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3