RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pong Minigame

Rep:
Level 71
Couldn't you change this line
Code: [Select]
if Input.trigger?(Input::B)                   
        if Pong_Options::Access_Menu == true
to this?
if Input.trigger?(Input::B) && Pong_Options::Access_Menu == true
I'm pretty sure you can do something like that in RGSS 3. There's nothing wrong with the way you wrote it but it just seems cleaner.  :)

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
If you actually create a variable called 'Matches' in the module (editable region) and set it to equal an integer number (a whole number like 1, 2, 6, 132; decimal point numbers like 2.0, 3.14, 82.5256 are called floats instead of an integers) then yes, that will work just fine.

YAAAAAAAAY, thank you D&P3!!! You are helping me to learn RGSS on my own!!!!!!!!!!!

If I knew how to + you, I would!

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Couldn't you change this line
to this?
I'm pretty sure you can do something like that in RGSS 3. There's nothing wrong with the way you wrote it but it just seems cleaner.  :)
Yes but then I would of had to have done

#do stuff
elsif Input.trigger?(Input::B) && Pong_Options::Access_Menu == false
#do stuff
end

Which means that I am checking four things.
Whereas
          open_command_window   
        else
          $scene = Scene_Map.new
        end
      end
Means that I'm only checking one thing and not checking anything else unless that one thing is true.

YAAAAAAAAY, thank you D&P3!!! You are helping me to learn RGSS on my own!!!!!!!!!!!

If I knew how to + you, I would!
You're most welcome :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
A bit out of date, but hell why not? Awesome job with this so far, D&P3. I'm just trying to figure something out.

In my game, this should be a one-time occurrence. Basically one of the villains will challenge you to a game of pong; and if you win you move on, but if you lose it's game over.

So basically I have my event take place, a game of pong commences, and then the outcome of that game will determine what happens next. I've disabled access to the menu, set my BGM, images sizes, points to win, and what not. Everything works smoothly until the final point is scored. Then it just sits there waiting for the player to either hit the "escape" key to leave or the "enter" key to play again.

Is there a way to automatically dispose of this window and return to my event once the game has been won or lost?

Thanks again!

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I believe if you replace this:

Code: line 2919 [Select]

if @gameover == true
        if Input.trigger?(Input::C)
          process_pong_reset
        end
      end

with this:
if @gameover == true
       $scene = Scene_Map.new
      end

it should work.

This code is very old though, so I don't remember if I had provided a way to test who won a match.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
No problems, I'll give it a whirl and see if it works. Thanks for your help!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Nice stuff here, D&P3. It's in the new game.
:tinysmile: