RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Duskwind - Website online!

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
There are several things to mention before I even play the game.

I'm not sure why, but your game came in quotes ???

Also we all have the RTP already, so you do not need to include that with your game.
It's just unnecessary space in that case.

Spoiler for Part 1:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb6umWcmY7M" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qb6umWcmY7M</a>

Spoiler for Part 2:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cSJDHr1lic" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cSJDHr1lic</a>
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
There are several things to mention before I even play the game.

I'm not sure why, but your game came in quotes ???

Also we all have the RTP already, so you do not need to include that with your game.
It's just unnecessary space in that case.
In my map it looks like any other .exe I have, so I don't know where they came from.
The RTP is supposed to be for a friend but she didn't have time to play yet. Though, I'll upload next demo with and without RTP.

So here is my TO DO list:
  • Slow automated texts down a (big) bit
  • Name input script
  • Nicer transitions for the guy disappearing (or changing his position...) and more explanation in the tutorial (interaction with Asrii)
  • Change some parts of sentences into better parts of sentences...
  • Event KIKI, MOM and OLD MAN-quest and all other silent people
  • Fix the guard dogs...
  • Graves in cement = YAY CUSTOM ARTWORK ?? no??

Thanks to you, now I know haw slow my laptop is (or how fast your computer is :o )
Also, D&P3, you should have gotten a PM with some info...

And as I said, it's still a very early demo  :-[

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
It was pretty good though :)

There are some things to work on, but I liked the game.

If you need some help with eventing, I'm happy to help. :)

All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 71
When I get a chance I may be able to do some tiles for you.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
@D&P3: I'd really love that...

@DoctorTodd: I'd really love that too!!

Did you guys see my art yet? I'm now trying to get every drawing I have and may want to use, scanned and resized.

BUT, here's an announcement: Before I continue working on this project, I need to finish 2 exams at school first! So this week, there will be little to no progress.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
There WIP right now, This is only TileC. Let me know what you think.  :)
(Ignore the giant crate).

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
There WIP right now, This is only TileC. Let me know what you think.  :)
(Ignore the giant crate).
Are the beds moved up a couple of pixels so they would be standing against the wall??
It's great work though!!  ;8
For the rest, I'd love to use them with the normal RTP though, I'll be editing my doors then...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
No problem I'll fix it.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
UPDATE:

The Island of Dunar is FINISHED!!!! Well, apart from some insides, some people and stuff like that, but map-wise, it's finished...

Also, the town elder character came to my mind!
Spoiler for Eleysa:
Race: Elf
Eleysa is the town elder, she does nothing but watch the ocean, day and night. She loves it so much that when you talk to her, based on your Karma, she probably won't say many useful things. At this point, for all the townspeople of Dunar know, she is the oldest Elf alive.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Didnae make these from scratch, (thanks to char.gen for quick creation ^^) but if it's what you're aiming towards I can make any edits or changes to the sprites to meet more exact specifications for you.  Got a wee example char so you can point out what changes you'd want, and I'll see what I can do :)
I can't offer to do any tile stuff because my tilesets take far too long as it is, since I go over and edit almost every block in the set, and five pages of that takes ~.~...
Spoiler for:
You never mentioned colours, so I just picked green :)

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Didnae make these from scratch, (thanks to char.gen for quick creation ^^) but if it's what you're aiming towards I can make any edits or changes to the sprites to meet more exact specifications for you.  Got a wee example char so you can point out what changes you'd want, and I'll see what I can do :)
I can't offer to do any tile stuff because my tilesets take far too long as it is, since I go over and edit almost every block in the set, and five pages of that takes ~.~...
Spoiler for:
You never mentioned colours, so I just picked green :)

Well, I'm not quite sure which one you made these from...
Though, it doesn't matter... I'll try colouring the pictures myself :)

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
VXA has an in-built char/face-maker.  I'm used to working in 8bit so am pretty uncertain with vxa sprites, or at least to start them off from scratch but I'm fairly confident I could make edits work out; am gettin' all the practice I can get for them at least, need to make sure I'm used to my new territory :D

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Not much of an update since I had exams at school and been relaxing from them at my boyfriend's...

Though, I've created pretty much all of Dunar (main island) and I'll be doing the world map soon...

First island still doesn't contain much quests as I made one bounty-quest, where you need to kill some Poppieblows and I kind of screwed up the event several times.
And first I need to finish the insides of some homes.

Then I'll be creating some more storyline and maybe in the next demo, Minimozart's piece of art will enlighten DoctorTodd's great titlescreen to it's maximum mysteriousness :P

Enemies you may find up till now:
Rats (Critter)
Poppieblows
Mimic

EDIT: Here are the coloured characters!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 10:31:14 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Just in case you still need sprites, thought I'd try and help out :)

Not sure about the animals, but as far as the fairies go, had to go with eye colours based on the rest of them.  Edited in smaller more pokey legs to get the effect across.  Feel free to use them if you want, if not s'cool, just tryin' to help :)

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Just in case you still need sprites, thought I'd try and help out :)

Not sure about the animals, but as far as the fairies go, had to go with eye colours based on the rest of them.  Edited in smaller more pokey legs to get the effect across.  Feel free to use them if you want, if not s'cool, just tryin' to help :)

Spoiler for:

Allright, these I really love... And I want to use them!!
If I may ofcourse  :lol:

Now for the animals, I don't know if I want to use them as enemies or as something else. They also need better colouring.
Though, is it alright if I send you any other characters (coloured) when I drew them?
Oh, and could you eventually put the sprites together in one picture, same for the faces?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 02:24:49 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Scruffy and Ket are so cute!
Also, damn. Your good at drawing. 
I want :moar:
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Scruffy and Ket were drawn by my little sister (age 14), but I'll tell her!!
Though, I've coloured them (in Paint.NET) but they may still need shadows and stuff :p

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Do I actually see them in game, or has it not been updated that far just yet?

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
@D&P3: You can't see the animals in game yet, though Eyra and Asrii are in the game already.

UPDATE:
For now, the Menu is starting to look like what I want but it's not quite there yet.
Started on mapping the world map already, though you can still only enter the island of Dunar.
Created a drawing for Movani today, still need to scan it so I can show you all.
Made the inside for the forest house and I'll be working on the rest of the insides.
When some homes are closed: It's to early or late to go in.
Made an item to cure poison too.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
UPDATE:

- Edited the main-character sprites (now showing a picture of the three faces for female/male trueblood/halfblood races, and you can return to change your gender and race again.
- Added some scripts for a banking system (Credits: Crazyninjaguy) and a chest item pop-up system (Credits: Mac Malone)
- Made a drawing for Unikorn (me and my sister work under that name from now on) and made a scene where that shows up in the beginning of the game...
- Made an event for getting Movani in your party (though, still looking around for a script so that you can manage your party in the pub)
- Scanned some monsters though, I'm not sure if I'll use them anywhere in the game (most drawn by my bf)

Also I've been thinking about my battle system and I'd like to have that look a bit like Wizardry for PS3, like this.

Would that be a good addition to the game or not?

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
For those who support:

Code: [Select]
[img]http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh497/Amycha19/Duskwind/banner.png[/img]

Question for the supporting people.

Would I add a mouse script or not? Also explain why.

Then here's an update. I'm waiting for Pacman and his marvellous custom menu script(s) for my item and book of shadows menu. Also waiting for Modern Algebra to reply on a question/request I made for a character generating system. But until then, I'll be using these characters and faces.
Look at the hair-colour:
Blonde = Human
Green = Elf
White = Gnome
Cyan = Half Elf
Red = Gnelf
Brown = Halfling

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I won't be having much time to work on this for the first couple of weeks so don't expect an update in quite some time.

Here's the last progress: Added a few scripts and been working on the inside of a home.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I've been around playing with some funny things and I've had this stupid idea of adding some cutscenes.
The idea behind those stupid cutscenes is to keep people's attention to the "up till now" story of chasing the assassin and killing him, though, you can't beat him yet.

Though, I'll be showing some pretty cool screenshots soon (as in next month or the one after?)!!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Starting Demo Now:
Okay, I like the character creation bit. But, with the skills and how they advance through more usage, I think you should take "Attack" out of the skill list, seeing as it increases the amount of times it has been used by simply pressing Attack and by going to the skills, there's no reason that you'd need to have the same thing in two places.

You should rework the assassination part. What I'd recommend is that you still talk to Asrii, but that dream should be only for character creation and her advice. The rest of the tutorial should take place in the real world, that way you can have a more immersive tutorial, hopefully build the Father out to be a character to be cared for through this tutorial, and then finish it with the assassination. Since the majority (probably) of the game will be in this world, I just think it'd be better to teach the player the general rules while in this world.
That's all my opinion of course.

I think you should be able to talk to your sister after taking the Book of Shadows. Mom's hairpin is probably overpowered  ;D. Also, the sister seems to disappear if you go to sleep in the house. When I talked to man inside a church, he disappeared. I wont mention the Dog glitch, since D&P already did in his video. Oh, and in his video there are a ton of people, when I played there wasn't anyone there. I'm not sure if this is caused by race, or if that is also caused by the sleeping I did.
I slept once more to see what else happens, instead of the sister sitting next to where the book was (inside your house) she turns into the dad. I can't talk to him. I checked the clock and it said "0:7" I'm not sure what that means. Then, after returning upstairs, the mother and the sister are back in their beds sleeping. When I wake up, the sister is playing the piano and the dad is still just sitting there. I've yet to find my mom so I can say goodbye.

I slept once more, since sleeping seems to be the cause of everything. Finally, the dad is gone, the sister is still playing the piano but I've yet to find the mother. I slept once more, the dad came back, but this time, all of the shops have opened up. I guess there is a hidden time system that I wasn't aware of. Apparently the clock changes too xD. Well, the places haven't exactly opened up, their doors have disappeared, but I can't go inside. The houses that opened were the Pub, a place with a Coin sign, and the two houses on the right & left of the Pub. I can't go inside any of them.

So, I decided to move on and grind to level 2. I hit level two, but nothing really happened, so I guess I'm finished with the demo. All I can say is that you have some great ideas in this game, but you need to fix/work on them so that they function correctly. The time system is good, but you need to also have day & night for it to work. I haven't found a use for the Axe, Hammer etc. but I'm sure there's something cool in store for them. I just couldn't find anywhere to use them in this demo. The skill progression is an awesome idea, but I don't want to grind octopuses that are called forth by a farmer in military gear in order to progress the skills. Hopefully if I ever find my mother I can get off the island and kill some real game.

I rewatched D&P's playthrough of the demo so that nothing was repeated. On a side note, I chose to be an elf, but my parents seemed to still be humans. Well, that's pretty much everything I got from the demo. I hope this helps you in any way. Demo Demolished :V

EDIT: OH, and I didn't see any way to Shut Down the game other than clicking the red X on the game window. This will surely become a problem for people playing in Full screen, since they wont see an X, they'll have to Alt-Tab and delete it or Alt-F4.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 06:24:15 PM by hiromu656 »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I rewatched D&P's playthrough of the demo so that nothing was repeated. On a side note, I chose to be an elf, but my parents seemed to still be humans. Well, that's pretty much everything I got from the demo. I hope this helps you in any way. Demo Demolished :V

Seems like I have some serious problems with my time system somewhere!!
Also, I know I should add the tint screen parts of morning, day, evening and night.

During the day, mother should be walking around downstairs, mostly in the kitchen. Kiki should be sitting at the table around 12 and around 6 otherwise she will be playing piano or (after supper) running around the house...

Axe, hammer, etc. will be used alongside a crafting system. This way, you can chop down some bushes for wood, create armour and things like that.

The octopuses are replaced in the next demo, you'll be able to explore the island and fight some flesh-eating plants, rats and some other monsters.

Also normally, if you have your backpack and your book of shadows, you should be able to exit the game by using the book of shadows, though, the entire menu system will be changed into something awesome and new!!

Then I have this question. How should I implement this tutorial thing into the real world as my story is you coming out of the strange dream, going downstairs and go get breakfast with dad. That's the reason why I put a small tutorial on the basics into the dream... Just so that the dream makes a bit of sense to me. Also this dream is the Outerworld you were shown by Asrii, though, you'll return there eventually and you'll see your father and others living up there as it is somewhat heaven for people.

Also, I want to change character creation so that you can choose what you look like inside the game, something like paperdoll. I also want to add a function so that if you change your outfit, your ingame outfit also changes.

Anyway, thank you very much for the input, advice and critiques, I'll make sure to fix the time system (or even real-time it if I can learn RGSS2 that fast) and add some more story to it.

^-^ If you have any ideas or whatever, please feel free to shoot them at me using pigeon mail (PM)  ;8

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!: