RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Duskwind - Website online!

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Duskwind
A Unikorn game!

Next demo will be coming up soon.
Might still take up to three weeks, depending on Pacman's try for my custom menu request.

>>> WEBSITE <<<

Story

Spoiler for story:
At the age of 16, you find yourself somewhere in a timeless place. There a spirit (who is in fact Asrii) will ask you some questions about your gender, name and race. From there, your story starts!

Asrii, the mother of all elements talks to you in Outerland and tells you that you are the legendary [your chosen name here]. Though, it felt like it was just a dream to you in the morning. Now, that is where the journey begins. In the beginning of the story, you'll just be a normal boy or girl, but you'll soon find out that somehow, people often don't notice you when you are standing in the shadow. And when you see an assassin kill your father and going after you, you'll see him running right past you when you stopped for air in the dark next to a house. You start to wonder what might be going on and you remember the legend of the Elmai. But the legend is not a legend! What if you are an Elmai? What if YOUR element is Shade?

You choose how the story goes and who you are. You are the one who decides which quests you solve and how, if you are nice or arrogant. You decide whether your karma stays neutral or becomes higher or lower.
Spoiler for legend:
Once, a very long time ago, three kinds of people lived happily among each other.
There were the Kyrii, working people without special skills. They could do no magic and control no elements. They are however very good in fighting and working. They still exist till this day, they own the bars and inns, shops and blacksmiths, they are the royals and the beggars, lowerclass, middleclass and upperclass normal people.
There were the Asral, people who possessed such pure mind and soul that they became practitioners of witchcraft and sorcery. They are feared and admired by many but they seldom have many friends, they are first-class loners. Nevertheless, they still exist in the forms of doctors, clerics, priests and witches, sorcerers and gypsy's.
Then there were the Elmai, these were the children of the elements. In the beginning only 6 elements existed, but by intertwining throughout the years others began to form. From Earth, Wind, Water, Fire, Light and Darkness came Electricity, Plants, Animal, Heat, Cold, Time, Space, Mind and Shade.

Many years ago, a man, whose name nobody can remember, came to this world. Many people thought his speeches, which were mostly against Elmai and Asral were ridiculous, well that was before he started brainwashing people. The Kyrii started lynching Elmai and Asral, the Asral started hunting down the Elmai as well, though with little to no effect. Until Hate, as people called that strange Gnelf, released information about elmais weak spots.
About 200 years passed when Kyrii and Asral found peace, thinking all Elmai were exterminated. Hate was murdered as soon as the Great War was over, but at least his dream, had come true. People killed him as they did not agree with his opinions any longer, oh, and they found out he was the perfect mixture as well.
He had the blood of the Kyrii, the mind of the Asral and the soul of an Elmai (his element was Mind).

Though, somewhere in the game you may be able to find the real Prophecy and then you may understand where this is going.

World
Spoiler for Outerworld:
Outerworld, a place somewhere between space and time. You can see this thing as if it is heaven, for those who believe it exists, it is real, for others, it doesn't exist at all.
Spoiler for Real world:
Dunar, a little village in the world of Eraa. This is the only village where some Elmai came out of hiding and where the Kyrii and Asral villagers keep their mouths shut about this whenever tourists arrive. The Kyrii and the Asral in this village have accepted the existance of the Elmai, they even have unspoken laws to prevent Elmai from using their natural forces against others.

Characters
Spoiler for You:
You are either Female or Male.
You choose your own name.
You choose (or random) your race from one of the following.
Human, Elf, Gnome, Half-Elf (Human x Elf), Halfling (Human x Gnome) or Gnelf (Elf x Gnome).

You choose your characteristics yourself throughout the game, the only thing which is clearly set from the beginning is this:
You were born in the village of Dunar, your father was a carpenter.
You stay behind with your over-protective mother and your little, extremely talented sister (you need to find out what I mean with this).

Spoiler for Kiki:
Kiki is your little sister. She is a stubborn and annoying child but you love her truly.
When she and mother go out to the market, she is usually very active and she'll sometimes even get lost.
She is extremely talented which may prove helpful.
Though, when your father died, she stumbled into a depression and you need to help her get out of that, how you do it? I don't care, there are several ways.

Spoiler for Lapi:
Lapi is not much of an Asral, even though he belongs to that group. Both his parents were great sorcerers, but he doesn't seem to be cut for the job.
He's not confident at all and he may do stupid things to hold you back. However, he manages to prove himself worthy of you calling him your friend.
Lapi may fall in love with you if you chose to be female and when your karma is high enough.

Spoiler for Movani:
Movani is a girl who really dislikes being called "lady". All her friends call her Van because they don't want any trouble with her. She can be found at the blacksmith or in the arena as she had once made her decision to prove all "them dumb jerks" that she is just as good in fighting as they are.
But inside that tough shell is a girl who has the kindest heart you may ever find.
Her favourite waste of time is beating the crap out of her so called "friends", which means she may turn against you.
Movani may fall in love with you if you chose to be male and when your karma is low enough.

Spoiler for Asrii:
Asrii is the name the people of Eraa gave to the forces of Nature. Humans also used to call her Mother Earth until they came in contact with the mighty Elves, who had already named her Asrri.Gnomes tend to take over habits of other races.
Though Asrii may not be among the humans, many feel she exists. Others tend to disbelieve or act so.
There aren't many who have seen Asrii, let alone heard her. You did!

Spoiler for Hate:
Hate is not his real name, but this tiran got this name because of the hate he spread among the Asral, Kyrii and the Elmai. His real name was once known but faded into oblivion many generations ago since people were afraid to call out his name. Hate is a Gnelf but also a perfect mixture, which means he belongs to no group at all, not to the Elmai, nor to the Kyrii or the Asral. You may have already guessed his element, Mind.
He got killed by the people of Eraa at the end of the great war.

Spoiler for Eleysa:
Eleysa is the town elder, she does nothing but watch the ocean, day and night. She loves it so much that when you talk to her, based on your Karma, she probably won't say many useful things. At this point, for all the townspeople of Dunar know, she is the oldest Elf alive.

Features
Spoiler for features:
~ No standard classes ~
~ No standard screen: Inventory - Book of Shadows - Quit Game ~
~ Karma ~
~ Main-story, side-story and bounty quests ~
~ Expanding and personalising Book of Shadows ~
~ Weight-limit in Backpack/Inventory ~
~ Learning basic skills by using them/training ~
~ Choosing your own party (or play alone) ~
~ Fun-factor has to do with collecting things ~
~ Trophy case ~
~ Maybe more ~

Thanks to:

Spoiler for Thanks!!!:
Spoiler for DoctorTodd:
  • Windowskin
  • One Actor Menu
  • Titlescreen picture
Spoiler for Modern Algebra:
  • Skill by Use 2.0
  • Flash Selected Enemy
  • Damage Popup
Spoiler for Zeriab:
  • Dialog system
Spoiler for Cozziekuns:
  • Custom Title
Spoiler for Woratana:
  • Battle Result Window
Spoiler for D&P3:
  • Demo reviews
  • Eventing help

Currently working on: Inside maps

More to come, ideas and critiques are very welcome!
So are useful resources.
Need pixelartist and scripter!
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 07:19:47 PM by Amycha19 »

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
This seems pretty cool. I always like making my own character.

Title makes me think of Morrowind.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
At the age of 16, you find yourself somewhere in a timeless place. There a spirit (who is in fact Asrii) will ask you some questions about your gender, name and race. From there, your story starts!
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon. I instantly love your game ^-^

I do like the idea behind the shade :) That just sounds like a really good idea to me.
But to make it a moral choice game... Well that's going to take some high-dose eventing, I hope that you're up for that :)

About 200 years passed when Kyrii and Asral found peace, thinking all Elmai were exterminated. But little less was true, there were still some left, they hid their identities and acted as being part of the Kyrii or the Asral. Hate was murdered as soon as the Great War was over, but at least his dream, or so he thought, had come true. People killed him as they did not agree with his opinions any longer, oh, and they found out he was the perfect mixture as well.
He had the blood of the Kyrii, the mind of the Asral and the soul of an Elmai (his element was Mind).

Though, somewhere in the game you can find the real Prophecy and then you may understand where this is going.
That right there is not needed, you don't need to say that in your thread. In this case I can play your game not knowing about these things and it gives it a little more mystery :)

Oh, and in-game there also is an endless discussion whether it exists or not.
Again, that's something that shouldn't be spoiled ;)

your father was a carpenter but he gets killed early in the game.
If he is actually killed early in the game and we see it, that's another thing that doesn't need to be spoiled ;)

Oh, and he's DEAD!!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Well I definitely love it so far :)
I can't wait to have a demo to playthrough :D

One last thing... Supporting ;)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
Like where you're going with this, although hiromu hit the money when she said the game seems kinda like Morrowind.

I support this project.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I do like the idea behind the shade :) That just sounds like a really good idea to me.
But to make it a moral choice game... Well that's going to take some high-dose eventing, I hope that you're up for that :)
Eventing? NO PROBLEMO... No really, I knew even before I posted this, even before I even wrote the story that I wanted a KARMA thing in it. Reason for that is that I've played several moral choice games and I loved each one of them because you get to "choose" how your adventure goes...
Though, I was thinking about scripting the entire karma bit so it shows in your book of shadows :)

Have to learn scripting before that though -.-

Cool smiley, but the thing is: This smiley is an answer to a spoil for people who think a bit further ;)

Well I definitely love it so far :)
I can't wait to have a demo to playthrough :D

One last thing... Supporting ;)

Thanksies  :lol:

Thanks to all of you who love my Idea!!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
There is an alignment script you can use.

Look here
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
There is an alignment script you can use.

Look here
Thanks, that really is usefull  ;8

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
First demo coming up in about 2 or 3 days.

Here are some screenshots to get your taste going!
(Open doors are no doors yet... Need to make the insides before I release a first demo!!)
Though, all of the graphics will still change into customs once I have a pixelartist...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Wow, that looks pretty nice :)

I do think you should put doors on too.
The Pub in your second screenshot is a little awkward
:\
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 05:16:45 PM by D&P3 »

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
We'll be waiting.
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Wow, that looks pretty nice :)

I do think you put doors on too.
The Pub in your second screenshot is a little awkward
:\
I put on the doors when the inside is made...
And what looks akward about the pub??

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
The entrance makes it look like it has no pillar to support to eastern side of the building.

Thus awkward looking structure ^-^

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
The entrance makes it look like it has no pillar to support to eastern side of the building.

Thus awkward looking structure ^-^
Well, if you were to go inside, the building isn't 4x1 or 4x2 either...
When you go inside, you'll see it's pretty big and the door will be at least 3 or 4 blocks from the east wall!!

Though, you are right, from the outside it looks strange, but that would be solved by custom tiles ;)

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
When you go inside, you'll see it's pretty big and the door will be at least 3 or 4 blocks from the east wall!!
I expected that :)

And yes, custom tiles FTW ;D

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I expected that :)

And yes, custom tiles FTW ;D
True, but I don't like my title screen, even though I made it myself...
What should I do with that??
Might keep it until I find a pixelartist who can put my drawings into pictures  :o

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
This looks pretty nice so far. Do you still want me to try to add the jewels to the window skin?  :)

EDIT:
I can also do a title screen and logo for you.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2012, 08:43:59 PM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
This looks pretty nice so far. Do you still want me to try to add the jewels to the window skin?  :)

EDIT:
I can also do a title screen and logo for you.
Windowskin: YEAH DUUUUH... I love your skins (tried your WIP in my game, looks good). Though, I also need a complete dark one for title.
Title screen: Depends on what you have in mind  :lol:

I already gave you credit in the "Thanks" part as well.

~~~~~~~~~~

For the curious people, here are some more screenshots (maybe some spoiling ones too)

Spoiler for explaining the screenies (DON'T READ IF YOU DON'T WANT A SPOIL):
1: This is the very beginning of your game. Your dream in the Outerworld *shhhht*
2: "This looks an awful lot like my bedroom" and yes, you'll hop to your own room...
3: The beginning of the very first cutscene. Main story begins here...
4: This may spoil, so I won't tell a thing about this one...
5: Same as 4...
6: Oh right, BIG BAD GUARD DOG (shopkeeper is gone, because of bug in the time-system I evented...)

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I'll try the jewels and make a darkened one. As for the title screen this is what I had in mine.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Alright I'll try the jewels and make a darkened one. As for the title screen this is what I had in mine.
That looks really awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How much time did you spend on that?

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
Honestly about three minutes but I have Photoshop.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Honestly about three minutes but I have Photoshop.
That's something I can't make with my Paint.NET... Though, the one I made was made in it  :-[

Anyway, I'm off for tonight... Leave me a PM or a reply in this topic if there's any questions, ideas or whatever...

BYE  :cheese:

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I tried to add jewels and it didn't turn out well (I never have been good at jewels). I also can't figure what's causing the blend problem but I'll continue to look. As for the dark one I wasn't sure what you wanted exactly so I simply made a darkened one for now.

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Alright I tried to add jewels and it didn't turn out well (I never have been good at jewels). I also can't figure what's causing the blend problem but I'll continue to look. As for the dark one I wasn't sure what you wanted exactly so I simply made a darkened one for now.
With completely dark one, I meant no outline but for the one around the buttons...
Though, the darkned one looks pretty neat too

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Very EARLY Demo is coming up!!
Last tests are being done this very moment.

Rest of the insides, world and more are being done later on. This is to see what you guys think of this first piece of a long way.

Features inside:
- Hidden objects (Though, all you'll find up till now is Book of Shadows, Potions, Gold and a Hairpin) so search around...
- Skill gaining by using skills (Normal attack = skill attack! and you can gain up to 7 new skills from Attack and Hide)
- People disappearing/reappearing when time goes up... (though, screen tint isn't set yet)
- A "know it all" priest...
- for battles: guy between the cows, he'll let you fight a different monster than the tutorial one...
- Burying bones if the monster gives them to you!

Elapsed time of working on this: +/- 4 hours (mostly editing what I didn't like to something I personally still don't like but which looks better...)

If you notice any odd things, bugs or even spelling or grammatical errors, please let me know!

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
I still need a pixelartist to make custom sprites, custom faces and custom tiles from drawings and from scratch.

Here are two characters you'll find throughout the game (only front view as they will only be seen from the front.

Spoiler for Picture!:

From left to right:
Eyra and Asrii (My drawings)
Piggy, kitty and angelkitty (My sisters drawings, I'll probably use them as enemies or something)

I made the "holy" characters look like Chibi's because it's the most surreal manga style I like.
The others will vary between different styles of manga/anime.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!: