Help with re-arranging party members (VX)

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
So, I was wondering if there was a way to re-arrange the order of party members, so that when a different character was in front, they could have a special skill (such as a thief picking locks, Breath of Fire 1 & 2 for SNES uses this idea extensively).

Any ideas?
My Soundcloud:

RMRK Forum - Musical "Works in Progress"
I'm a Musician (Sonar X1, Piano, Guitar, game music inspired), and a visual artist/animator (Adobe Photoshop/After FX).
My musical inspirations include Sigur Ros, Pat Metheny, Andy McKee, Tool, Yokko Kanno, Yasunori Mitsuda, etc, to name a variety.
My favorite RPG series is Breath of Fire.
I love RPG's, & enjoy dabbling with RPG Maker, & am considering projects to start someday.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 63
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
There are a number of scripts to help re-organise party members.

MA's Integrated Party Reserve Script
PAC Party Management

There are more scripts, but I've come to rely on the coding ability of these two :)

If you know how to do some eventing, you could probably figure out a way for some special skills to be used depending on who in the first character in your party.

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
There are a number of scripts to help re-organise party members.

MA's Integrated Party Reserve Script
PAC Party Management

There are more scripts, but I've come to rely on the coding ability of these two :)

If you know how to do some eventing, you could probably figure out a way for some special skills to be used depending on who in the first character in your party.

That is awesome, thankyou!  Somehow I overlooked those.

Modern Algebra's is exactly what I was looking for, I'm sure I can execute my plans now.
My Soundcloud:

RMRK Forum - Musical "Works in Progress"
I'm a Musician (Sonar X1, Piano, Guitar, game music inspired), and a visual artist/animator (Adobe Photoshop/After FX).
My musical inspirations include Sigur Ros, Pat Metheny, Andy McKee, Tool, Yokko Kanno, Yasunori Mitsuda, etc, to name a variety.
My favorite RPG series is Breath of Fire.
I love RPG's, & enjoy dabbling with RPG Maker, & am considering projects to start someday.