RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX]Keeping data between games.

Rep:
Level 89
... I got nothing.
I would like to make a series of games, each a sequel and have data from each game moved from one to the other. Specifically an actor's Level, Stats and Equipment as well as the party's inventory.

Is this possible? Or do I need certain scripts?

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I imagine so as long as nothing drastic changes like scripts.  My suggestion is to just copy the project file and remove maps as needed and start over like that.  Sometimes when you add or remove scripts, it will make the saves you currently have inaccessible.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 89
... I got nothing.
I meant like armour and weapons that are equipped to the actors.

Rep:
Level 60
Yes, this is absolutely possible. Just make sure that your databases in both games line up exactly.

There are other some other questions that come with this, though. How you would want to read in the previous save files? If the player started a new game with no previous saves, how would that be handled?

In other words, how would the save files from the previous game be accessed, and what would happen if the player didn't have any?

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

Regardless, make sure your scripts are also the same or make sure that your scripts dont interfere with your saves because there are some scripts that may make or break your cross compatibility.  In fact, as an example, I recently deleted a script that I did need in my game that I am working on and all of my saves were incompatible with that game for whatever reason.  Just make sure you test everything thoroughly.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 60

Regardless, make sure your scripts are also the same or make sure that your scripts dont interfere with your saves because there are some scripts that may make or break your cross compatibility.  In fact, as an example, I recently deleted a script that I did need in my game that I am working on and all of my saves were incompatible with that game for whatever reason.  Just make sure you test everything thoroughly.

This is also incredibly true. Scripts often make changes to what information is stored in a saved game which could very easily cause the game to crash with Ruby exceptions if there are items in the saved game's data that do not exist or have changed substantially between games.

Be very careful doing this.

Rep:
Level 89
... I got nothing.
Alright thanks. It's worth trying at least.