RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
New project XP/VXA Dream tales

Rep:
Level 82
so i wasn't sure where to post this so i thought here would do? feel free to move if I'm wrong.

It's still in the idea stage at the moment but i put together a little demo (only about 5 mins worth of game) just to sort of show what I'm aiming for. in the demo there are two short stages, they will be longer in the fuller game.

The idea is that the main character is asleep and dreaming and we play through his dreams, which will range from being an orphan stealing food to get by to being a futuristic tyrant destroying mankind (and a few things in between)

I've started it in XP but am considering using VXA.

Please play the demo (I'm not trying to win any awards with how its written or displayed, so please try to focus on how the idea works?) and let me know what you think.

thanks guys

screens below
Spoiler for:

[EDIT] New Demo
http://www.mediafire.com/?u9dnwzcth9eho6i
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 08:15:23 PM by shane2243 »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'm going to need more details and/or screenshots to convince me to try your demo.

Rep:
Level 82
ok yeah

so the idea is the main guy is asleep, and you play through a series of dreams, each one being different (and im thinking his appearence could change with each one too?) and play through the challenges he encounters to proceed to the next dream.

the first dream see's him placed as an orphan and his "gang" of orphans hatch a grand scheme to steal food from the local town, and upon completing this task he seems to pass out or fall asleep, entering the next dream (which atm is just a "take this here" mission but will become an epic battle inwhich he protects a woodland fairy village from evil fire mages)

will add a few screens to the top post.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The story concept is interesting, but your mapping needs a lot of work.

All of your maps so far look very big and empty, especially the bedroom. Single rooms in a house shouldn't fill a whole default map. You should reduce the space a bit and add some more things, such as a dresser or other bedroom items.

Rep:
Level 82
The story concept is interesting, but your mapping needs a lot of work.

All of your maps so far look very big and empty, especially the bedroom. Single rooms in a house shouldn't fill a whole default map. You should reduce the space a bit and add some more things, such as a dresser or other bedroom items.

yeah, this was just a quick rush through to get an idea on how the concept would work, there was no effort put into the mapping, but it'll be worked on when i come to spend more time on it.

thanks for the feedback

Rep:
Level 82
New demo uploaded just to show where I'm hoping to take this game.

If anyone wants to help with any aspect of this game I'd appreciate it (I especially need help with mapping and spriting)

feedback is appreciated as usual