RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] Intelligence: 314th Clash!

Rep:
Level 74
He with the Grin to Scare Young Children

This product contains coarse language, creepy undertones and animated cartoon violence. If you fear it may offend you, please refer to the Crazy Chimp Collective's Content Tolerance Advisory.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvnJmvNfO6U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvnJmvNfO6U</a>

The need for Intelligence, will set ye free.

Spoiler for:
Over Five Years have passed since this games initial release...

And now it's here, in it's full, finished, fully custom act.

This. Is how we do this.

This shit's more real than Branston Pickle.
-Strategic Turn Based RPG Combat.
-Lots of Fun Minigames.
-40+ Boss Fights
-Now only is forced to look like shit in very ISOLATED instances!
-Custom tiles, music, art and... basically everything?? The chances of you finding no RTP here is so high, that I just confiscated it's bong.
-Lots of Cool Optional Bosses, and some optional toughies as well!
-All 4 acts are complete, and the story is amazing!
-Lots of flavor text and crazy wicked cool shit.
-Intense picture cutscenes that are now even BETTER.
Spoiler for:
The Years is 2102 here Humans have long since departed Earth for SPOOKY reasons and now the mammals are in charge. You go through a bunch of crazy conjoining adventures as the red cat madcap Pep, his friend the green beagle beefybeans Rolly, and soon after their Sienna Kangy from Mallanganee, and then ever later than-- a rad purple skeleton dude who likes parties. The crazy twists and turns this game has are many, be duly warned that foreshadowing is afoot, and by days end, that foot will be most afoul with the shadows of fore, but yeah, basically it's a plot you'd best experience first hand, but here's some of the things you do, jump out a skyscraper to avoid waiting for a lift, swallow up a lake to get your friend some fish, dodge boulders while riding a motorcycle, be accosted and killed by a cold and deadly fart, then reclaim your livelyhood by beating the crap out of green things. A game with all of these things simply cannot be criticized, it's again the law or something!
Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Download by clicking the image below, just unzip and play game.exe. Simple as that.
Spoiler for:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:13:34 AM by BizarreMonkey »
Websites:

Social Media:

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
The video alone makes My brain hurt, EVENT LAG i mean seriously, but anyway, it looks like an OK game i'm not saying i would play it, but if some younger RMRK-ers are out there looking, this would probably be for them, and my Australian Friend... *Edit: I took a moment to view your profile, and now i find this post a little awkward right---------------------------^here^

and i'm not saying older RMRK-ers wouldnt play it I just think people are looking for things that are on the "Professional" Level it'll be hard to get their attention. try posting this exact topic in another Rpg maker forum, some of them get more views than this one (Quotes for sarcasm)
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 08:34:58 AM by crow5derlock »
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 74
Quote from: crow5derlock
The video alone makes My brain hurt, EVENT LAG i mean seriously,
Hmm, I didn't notice it, in my defence its a very big game now.

Oh wait, sorry thats the program I had to use to record it, ZDsoft is broken for me now which is really irritating. It doesn't lag like that in game.
but anyway, it looks like an OK game i'm not saying i would play it, but if some younger RMRK-ers are out there looking, this would probably be for them, and my Australian Friend... *Edit: I took a moment to view your profile, and now i find this post a little awkward right---------------------------^here^

and i'm not saying older RMRK-ers wouldnt play it
If you did, you'd be instantly wrong. If you talk older as in, above the age of 20, then that is the majority of my audience for some mind baffling reason.

I just think people are looking for things that are on the "Professional" Level it'll be hard to get their attention.
I find it funny that they actually expect something professional when they aren't paying a dime for it, but if they dont want to play the game its their decision, and their loss.

try posting this exact topic in another Rpg maker forum, some of them get more views than this one
Not to be on my high horse here, but this game has already been on 4 forumds before this one, one with over 9 pages of posts, mostly compliments. So forgive me if my reply comes off as cynical, its not meant that way. I did actually purposefully avoid this site until now for a reason, a lot of the people here a very elitist, which is odd since I didn't even know the rpg maker community had elitists. Not that I mind, infact its been the first time people have said anything about my post presentation.

I appreciate that you aren't being blunt, but trust me, some people complaining that the colors hurt their eyes or that my graphics are terrible are all things I've heard before, I'm trying to get better, but for my own benefit, otherwise I don't really care.

To be honest, I am just glad to have a post here at last, you guys have been far less dismissive than the guys over at rpgmakerweb. Also, just to let you know, this game has had many patches, I have simply given you the most recent one, its started from 0.1 and gone up.
Spoiler for:
Like that, I also omitted just about every bugfix patch.
It's longest living thread, and the one with the most posts can be found here.

If people here can put down their bias for my oddball coloring and actually try the game they might find they enjoy it, but prejudice is a powerful thing.

From what I've observed on the IRC, its my colouring that people are getting retinal cancer from, I dount anyone who spoke about it has even considered downloading the game.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 09:47:37 AM by BizarreMonkey »
Websites:

Social Media:

You pie feeders!
Rep:
Level 68
Everyone... Actually Everyone hates me :)
2012 Biggest Drama Whore
Spoiler for:
The video alone makes My brain hurt, EVENT LAG i mean seriously,
Hmm, I didn't notice it, in my defence its a very big game now.

Oh wait, sorry thats the program I had to use to record it, ZDsoft is broken for me now which is really irritating. It doesn't lag like that in game.
but anyway, it looks like an OK game i'm not saying i would play it, but if some younger RMRK-ers are out there looking, this would probably be for them, and my Australian Friend... *Edit: I took a moment to view your profile, and now i find this post a little awkward right---------------------------^here^

and i'm not saying older RMRK-ers wouldnt play it
If you did, you'd be instantly wrong. If you talk older as in, above the age of 20, then that is the majority of my audience for some mind baffling reason.

I just think people are looking for things that are on the "Professional" Level it'll be hard to get their attention.
I find it funny that they actually expect something professional when they aren't paying a dime for it, but if they dont want to play the game its their decision, and their loss.

try posting this exact topic in another Rpg maker forum, some of them get more views than this one
Not to be on my high horse here, but this game has already been on 4 forumds before this one, one with over 9 pages of posts, mostly compliments. So forgive me if my reply comes off as cynical, its not meant that way. I did actually purposefully avoid this site until now for a reason, a lot of the people here a very elitist, which is odd since I didn't even know the rpg maker community had elitists. Not that I mind, infact its been the first time people have said anything about my post presentation.

I appreciate that you aren't being blunt, but trust me, some people complaining that the colors hurt their eyes or that my graphics are terrible are all things I've heard before, I'm trying to get better, but for my own benefit, otherwise I don't really care.

To be honest, I am just glad to have a post here at last, you guys have been far less dismissive than the guys over at rpgmakerweb. Also, just to let you know, this game has had many patches, I have simply given you the most recent one, its started from 0.1 and gone up.
Spoiler for:
Like that, I also omitted just about every bugfix patch.
It's longest living thread, and the one with the most posts can be found here.

If people here can put down their bias for my oddball coloring and actually try the game they might find they enjoy it, but prejudice is a powerful thing.

From what I've observed on the IRC, its my colouring that people are getting retinal cancer from, I dount anyone who spoke about it has even considered downloading the game.
Your an update manic, i can tell because it looks like you update as soon as you fix a bug. not necessarily a bad thing, but if i were in your shoes i'd give major suspense in time for your next update

*edit i'm deciding to try it... And it is the largest File on my drive O.O
« Last Edit: May 30, 2012, 11:23:52 AM by crow5derlock »
Final Statement: I chowder5lock am a dipshit and MA is a pretty cool dude.

Rep:
Level 74
Your an update manic, i can tell because it looks like you update as soon as you fix a bug. not necessarily a bad thing,
I fix bugs when they are gamebreaking, or just heavily annoying. I am able to spurt out good content on an amicable level, buts its more gradual then you may assume, all the patches I listed above have been to add content outside 1.0 (fixed all errors in 0.9) and 1.1.4 But this project has also been around for over a year now.
but if i were in your shoes i'd give major suspense in time for your next update
Are you suggesting I purposefully hype my project?

That sounds like a really terrible idea. When you hype things people expect gold, standards are increased, where when things are just out of nowhere, everyones like... huh, when the hell did this happen?

Hype will never increase your project's success, it will only give it higher expectations, or kill it completely.

If you have fun and enjoy yourself, please feel free to write up a review, I've yet to get one for this patch.

Its size can be blamed on multiple content patches and a length of 5-6 hours, I actually had to trim down some quality on the jpegs just to get around the 128 mb size limit.

I think its mentioned, but you'll need to extract the BGM.zip and put it in the Audio folder within the games root directory or you'll get "Cannot find file: "FilenameHereLol.ogg" or something equally retarded.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 01:38:07 AM by BizarreMonkey »
Websites:

Social Media:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
If you have fun and enjoy yourself, please feel free to write up a review, I've yet to get one for this patch.

Its size can be blamed on multiple content patches and a length of 5-6 hours, I actually had to trim down some quality on the jpegs just to get around the 128 mb size limit.

I think its mentioned, but you'll need to extract the BGM.zip and put it in the Audio folder within the games root directory or you'll get "Cannot find file: "FilenameHereLol.ogg" or something equally retarded.

Why use really large .jpeg while .png is smaller but pretty much the same quality?
Doing so may drop the amount of space needed for your game BIG TIME...

Just an idea though, your game, your choice :cheese:

As blonde as can be!!!
Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
PNG is much larger than JPEG, but the quality is a lot better. Switching to PNG would actually increase his file size.

Rep:
Level 74
PNG is much larger than JPEG, but the quality is a lot better. Switching to PNG would actually increase his file size.
Exactly this, I'll probably make them PNG's again in 1.2, the resolution is quite ghastly. Originally I didn't have the seperate BGM folder in seperate zip, but now I do so I can actualy make graphics a little bigger. Since I'm no longer restricted by the clinically retarded 128 Megabytes compression limit default to VX.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 08:35:17 AM by BizarreMonkey »
Websites:

Social Media:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Tried it out myself in saving the same file as PNG and as JPEG and trying to get the exact same quality. JPEG comes out as one huge file while PNG is a lot smaller for an equal amount of quality.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
This is not a debateable subject. PNG preserves pixels, JPEG compresses them. If you save a JPEG in ultra-super high quality it'll be bloated and would easily be tons larger than a PNG, at least when it comes to file-size (I'm betting this is what you did, or you used some other program like Paint which has the worst JPEG support ever).

This is a very relevant and super interesting article about it. Don't ever use JPG in your Maker project, the image dimensions are small and they get blown up when you go fullscreen, exposing all the disgusting artifacts they're cluttered with. Always use PNG :mad:
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 74
Don't ever use JPG in your Maker project, the image dimensions are small and they get blown up when you go fullscreen, exposing all the disgusting artifacts they're cluttered with. Always use PNG
Thanks for the info, I'll do that in the future.

Looks like I'll be making another build since me and a friend spotted a few bugs. None you should actually encounter if you dont go to Gaseous before your meant to, which is the reason I didn't spot them.

This will give me a chance to relingquish the use of Jpegs entirely.
Websites:

Social Media:

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Welcome back, BizarreMonkey.
How's the game progressing?  :D
なんでやねん

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Welcome back :)

But if I may ask, why the sudden change of heart? ???
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Welcome back :)

But if I may ask, why the sudden change of heart? ???
Because some people like his concept and his style of art...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 74
What Amycha said, and also... my initial closedown of the thread was spurned on by the fact i hadnt slept in over 24 hours, and thus my rate of rational thinking was lower than usual.

I shouldnt go by a bit of snappy shittalk on the IRC to base the probability of shutting down a thread, but anyway its open again.

I dont think Ill be going back to the IRC though, though some people there are nice, theres also a lot of vulgar loudmouths and people who just irritate the hell out of me. Like the ones with ADD that cant stop making me play stupid irc based games.

The ones who just lack the capacity to give a shit im okay with, since most of the time they keep to themselves. usually they only speak when I ping them by accident.

But yeah anyway, Ive found a far more severe error, which can be easily fixed thankfully.
scripts.rvdata
Place that in the games data folder before you fight pyro, I'll be hopefully releasing a patch soon which fixes that error and replaces most jpgs.

As for how the games progressing, well.

I havent done incredibly much, but enough to make act 3 feel awesome already.

Roll across a skybridge avoiding traffic and lightning bolts while rolling off or battling opponents is only starting it up.
Then you are on a traintrack death course with trains coming your way, jumps from track to tracks and falling down is game over.
To top it off, a giant skydive down to earth avoiding missiles and trying to grab toast when your health gets low...
Yeah, first 10 minutes of act 3 = action-packed minigame triad.

Then asides from solving some mysteries surrounding trity your on your way to byteopia and thats where my pen is stuck currently.

I've had a lot of distractions, the minecraft server I play on has gone 24/7 recently, I've gotten heaps of games to play on steam along with other things.

I've also started trolling on google+, quite successfully too.

Infact people find a lot of my copius shit funny and ive gotten multiple friends I never plan to talk to and +40

Just from being a snarky sarcastic troll, people are weird.

I use this as my avatar, drawn completely from scratch.

Now I can give my trolling subjects eye cancer AND rustled jimmies.

Hee hee, hoo hoo, haa haa.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2012, 02:27:32 PM by BizarreMonkey »
Websites:

Social Media:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Sooooo, I've been testing it and it's quite interesting.
Though I found a first typo: "An animals gotta do what an animals gotta do" needs to be "An animal's gotta do what an animal's gotta do"

But so far, since my comp is a bitch in being really slow, I can't tell you anything more...
Though, ME LIKEY THE RED BUTTON!!! Even though it gets you killed...
Also love the laughing at the end of battles...

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 56
RMRK Junior
Now, I understand that you did say save before experimenting with the big red button, but, here's the deal: That shit's annoying. I hadn't bothered to save yet. I was actually enjoying your game somewhat and appreciating it for what it was, until I got an instant game over for no conceivable reason. I didn't feel like doing any of that again so, I went "fuck this" and deleted your game from my computer.

I know you think it's cute, but it's really just a good way to annoy the people who take the time to play your game.

The gameover screen in the first battle was similarly confusing, not amusing as what might have been intended. Let's strive not to confuse or annoy the player next time.

The game seems competent, and it has a certain charm to it, I suppose, as long as you're not expecting anything epic (or even terribly witty). I can't comment much more about it, seeing as I didn't get past the trio's apartment building. What really kills the game is the deluge of inconvenience masquerading as humor. Get rid of 'em.

That's all I can really say. I was enjoying it, for what it's worth, but the insta-game over button was practically insulting.

I support:

Rep:
Level 57
Miiiiaf =^+^=
Now, I understand that you did say save before experimenting with the big red button, but, here's the deal: That shit's annoying. I hadn't bothered to save yet. I was actually enjoying your game somewhat and appreciating it for what it was, until I got an instant game over for no conceivable reason. I didn't feel like doing any of that again so, I went "fuck this" and deleted your game from my computer.

I know you think it's cute, but it's really just a good way to annoy the people who take the time to play your game.

The gameover screen in the first battle was similarly confusing, not amusing as what might have been intended. Let's strive not to confuse or annoy the player next time.

The game seems competent, and it has a certain charm to it, I suppose, as long as you're not expecting anything epic (or even terribly witty). I can't comment much more about it, seeing as I didn't get past the trio's apartment building. What really kills the game is the deluge of inconvenience masquerading as humor. Get rid of 'em.

That's all I can really say. I was enjoying it, for what it's worth, but the insta-game over button was practically insulting.

Oh, in my first game I used a red button that destroyed the world too... It's something that should be somewhere and you might want to give it a cutscene like (***KABOOM*** Oh noooo, you just destroyed the world!!) thing...

Also, tell people to save regularly or even ask if they want to save on leaving a building...
Maybe you want to make the Heelfoxes less common or slower as well.

As blonde as can be!!!

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
Level 74
I'll address these issues when I am less tired, right now I am not in a good mental state to do so.

I've slept, time to adress the red button menace...

It was originally in as a debugging feature but i decided to keep it in, though I fear despite my warnings people have pressed it and not found reason to come back to the game.

As for the Gameover screen in the midst of the tutorial, I could very easily remove it... and I might, relying on it to serve as a gimmick is kind of weak even if it isnt as harmful to the red buttons.

I will have to address the red button menace differently, since some people have liked it, and realised they deserved its dark reward after not saving as instructed when fiddling with it.

Its a good idea to save in this game often anyway, I'll see what I can do.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2012, 06:45:01 AM by BizarreMonkey »
Websites:

Social Media:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWbnAxJpS_4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWbnAxJpS_4</a>
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 74
oh god ahahahahahaha
when the fuck did i say you could make a playthrough
no im kidding it was awesome
]
Why is it that when the subject of bizarre concepts is broached, your feeble will encompasses the most disallusioned form of surrender imaginable? :3

Really, you should expect a game to be Bizarre when it is made by one who has that very word in their alias.

As for the lag, I have yet to experience it on my end, and ive only got a dual core, it might be caused in part to your recording program. I had the same issue when making the trailer.

Also, you've fallen into 3 troll traps already. xD

The Arrow keys to move thing was a joke, but you feigned the opinion it was unfortunate reality.

I'm actually glad you skipped the battle tutorial, that stuff might have driven you insane. xD

Especially when I psyche you with the game over screen of death, oh yes, your sanity might have been quite in question at that point.

I encourage you to keep going, your reactions are simply 'fair dinkum'!

Hee hee, hoo hoo, haa haa.

Also yeah Pep's a cat, when he goes transparent hes got his stealth on. The stealth that is completely unusable in player hands but that helps in certain eventuous circumstances.

You think a cat using a gun is odd...

Insanity may not be beyond you yet. >;]
« Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 10:05:14 AM by BizarreMonkey »
Websites:

Social Media:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
oh god ahahahahahaha
when the fuck did i say you could make a playthrough
no im kidding it was awesome
I go by the standard rule of "Fuck you, I'll make playthrough if I want to" :P
Then show it to you and remove it + cease & desist if you do not wish your game to be displayed.

But thank you :)

The Arrow keys to move thing was a joke, but you feigned the opinion it was unfortunate reality.

I'm actually glad you skipped the battle tutorial, that stuff might have driven you insane. xD

Especially when I psyche you with the game over screen of death, oh yes, your sanity might have been quite in question at that point.
Incorrect actually; I knew it was a joke, I just couldn't believe you actually told people how to move using the arrow keys.

My sanity was in question the moment I starting trying to talk to the pink cat.

I encourage you to keep going, your reactions are simply 'fair dinkum'!
In that case, since you too are Australian, I'll have to incorporate some Australian accents and words.
"Too bloody right, mate"

You think a cat using a gun is odd...

Insanity may not be beyond you yet. >;]
A cat with nice accuracy; in Brisbane is odd, yes.
I wouldn't be so surprised if it were America, Russia or Korea.

Insanity will not visit me yet; your game is NOTHING compared to
'Revenge of the Sunfish' ;)

Rep:
Level 74
Oh man, I'm just giggling my ass off here, my ribs, ow! Call a doctor ahahaha.

You are more than welcome to continue, but you dont have to continue speaking out the words if that would be against your ethics, theres a lotta words. >:]

Working on a bug fix patch for this thing too, it should be out long before you need it.

A cat with nice accuracy; in Brisbane is odd, yes.
What are you... some kind of townist!?

Thats a word meaning racist against towns I made up a while ago and continue to use. :P
« Last Edit: June 19, 2012, 05:58:07 AM by BizarreMonkey »
Websites:

Social Media:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I'm currently doing a playthrough of another game that's around 20 hours in length and I'm only 4 hours in.

I was just checking your game out, so don't expect a lot of updates quickly.

Of course I'm a townist; fuck Brisbane :mad:
Place has become over-run with heelfoxes. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:bigmad:

Rep:
Level 74
Thats cool, this has come at me out of nowhere so its all good, take your time.

And how can you even hate brisbane? Its like sydney but without the funnel webs, violence and overpopulation.
Websites:

Social Media: