RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Visual] gimp randoness

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
i just viewing some tutorial for gimp in youtube and some of it i made just look good here some of it...

and look like i getting a hang of it...
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:05:05 PM by boe »

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
Try making a transparent background, that's one of the basics.
And think about learning a bit about the color wheel and stuff, so the colors you choose match better.
It's really important to choose matching colors, otherwise people have problems to recognize/read everything.
But otherwise, continue with it and try to use what you learn.
It would be useless to learn it and then not use it.
Good luck

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Try making a transparent background, that's one of the basics.
And think about learning a bit about the color wheel and stuff, so the colors you choose match better.
It's really important to choose matching colors, otherwise people have problems to recognize/read everything.
But otherwise, continue with it and try to use what you learn.
It would be useless to learn it and then not use it.
Good luck
yeah i know that, i just following what the tutorial video said...
you know the logo i use (in the avatar) it took me pixel by pixel to make it... (really pixel by pixel) it totally took me a whole 2 hours to make it...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 06:58:58 AM by jomarcenter »

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
well i also made a new jomarcenter logo

well you can see it in my avatar...

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
I'd remove the border, it doesn't fit right.
and think about making something rounder for your "JC" stuff, or use some antialiasing so the borders don't look so... cutted/pixelated.
All in all good work, but in my opinion not "fitted" for a Logo, a logo in my opinion would be a bit more like that "JC" you have there.
A logo should be looking good/recognizable even without special colors or gradients...
For example here:
Spoiler for Nintendo Logo:

So your "JC" would be perfectly fine as a Logo in my opinion

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
this site is unauthorized!!!
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 05:36:32 AM by jomarcrazy »

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
like I said the design in itself is ok, but it should get a softer "border" something like this:

Do you see the soft edge?
It a job done in less than a minute.
Just find the right tool ;)
I only used 2 seconds an it's not the best job, but it's just to show what I mean

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
like I said the design in itself is ok, but it should get a softer "border" something like this:

Do you see the soft edge?
It a job done in less than a minute.
Just find the right tool ;)
I only used 2 seconds an it's not the best job, but it's just to show what I mean
here is the new version that i made

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
I think the border still looks strange, something that looks kinda 3D like your "button" stuff there shouldn't have a border like this I think.
And did you read my previous post?

Edit: sorry, stupid spelling mistake, it SHOULDN'T have a border like this
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:14:02 AM by mobychan »

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
I think the border still looks strange, something that looks kinda 3D like your "button" stuff there should have a border like this I think.
And did you read my previous post?
yes i read your previous post and what soft edges are you talking about???

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
The red JC stuff, in your version it's hard and pixelated:

And in my Version I used one of the Standard tools to soften it/create some Antialiasing:

Can you see the difference?
If in "original" size it's not soo visible, but it creates a softer effect

Try aiming for the right one

EDIT:
Corrected a mistake in my previous post, sorry
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:14:23 AM by mobychan »

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
The red JC stuff, in your version it's hard and pixelated:

And in my Version I used one of the Standard tools to soften it/create some Antialiasing:

Can you see the difference?
If in "original" size it's not soo visible, but it creates a softer effect

Try aiming for the right one

EDIT:
Corrected a mistake in my previous post, sorry
well i cannot change that because that part of the logo is also part of the security features.
the newer version of the logo also contain some security feature in it too... so it easier to find of the that game,product,etc... it a original jomarcenter product or not... and each game contain its own manual with another security feature. hidden and view-able to the user so that way it easy to detect if it an jomarcenter original product or not.
since spamtheweb copy one of my game without my permission and the name of the author is not include... i have to be make sure people is playing an original jomarcenter game and not a copy of it...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 09:22:45 AM by jomarcenter »

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
well i cannot change that because that part of the logo is also part of the security features.
the newer version of the logo also contain some security feature in it too... so it easier to find of the that game,product,etc... it a original jomarcenter product or not... and each game contain its own manual with another security feature. hidden and view-able to the user so that way it easy to detect if it an jomarcenter original product or not.
since spamtheweb copy one of my game without my permission and the name of the author is not include... i have to be make sure people is playing an original jomarcenter game and not a copy of it...

Whatever it is, it won't make your game save from being taken (I doubt someone with clear senses would do it anyway...)
There are better possibilities to insert the Author into a files data
And some pixels shifted to the right is not a "security" sorry, but what you are talking about is absolute nonsene.
But hey, if you don't want your logo to look a bit more professional...
I thought you want to make the "BEST GAME EVA" but if your logo is not "up to date" art wise, it won't fit that "BEST GAME EVA".
Search for a consistent style and forget that "security" nonsense.

Also:
Why bother with "security" to know if it's your original production or someone using your logo Oo?

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

Whatever it is, it won't make your game save from being taken (I doubt someone with clear senses would do it anyway...)
There are better possibilities to insert the Author into a files data
And some pixels shifted to the right is not a "security" sorry, but what you are talking about is absolute nonsene.
But hey, if you don't want your logo to look a bit more professional...
I thought you want to make the "BEST GAME EVA" but if your logo is not "up to date" art wise, it won't fit that "BEST GAME EVA".
Search for a consistent style and forget that "security" nonsense.

Also:
Why bother with "security" to know if it's your original production or someone using your logo Oo?
well i don't need to update the 2010 logo.
because i'm now going to use the 2012 logo.

which the pixel is not view-able.

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
I did it to your old logo, because it's your job to do it with the current one >.>
I won't do your work
You mean it doesn't look pixelated Oo?
It does, boy, it does, but I won't care anymore because you don't listen to people more used to such stuff >.>

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
I did it to your old logo, because it's your job to do it with the current one >.>
I won't do your work
You mean it doesn't look pixelated Oo?
It does, boy, it does, but I won't care anymore because you don't listen to people more used to such stuff >.>
it just a logo. no need to be harsh on that...

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
I'm not harsh, I just told you something from the perspective of someone who has worked with graphics for nearly 10 years.
Also, if you would say thank you and be grateful I maybe would have done it to your current one but your behavior doesn't suit my opinions, sorry.

I just tried to tell a little boy how the world works(in my opinion), sorry if it was to much/harsh for you, if you want I'll start talking to you like I would to a kid, if it's easier for you like that

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
You SHOULD talk to him like you would to a kid.

He'll probably understand you more :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
well i going to be busy making an instruction for the game...
and i have little knowledge to gimp
i'm still learning how to use gimp.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 10:09:23 AM by jomarcenter »

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9

Ok, I'll take your advice ^.-

To Jomarcenter:(Read slowly and with slighty higher pitched nice voice ;) )
What do you mean with an instruction?
Do you mean an intro (Do you know what that is?)
Or do you mean an image that displays how to move in your game?
An image about how to move in your game is only neccessary when you change the controls a game has normally or have something that's new in your buttons.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

Ok, I'll take your advice ^.-

To Jomarcenter:(Read slowly and with slighty higher pitched nice voice ;) )
What do you mean with an instruction?
Do you mean an intro (Do you know what that is?)
Or do you mean an image that displays how to move in your game?
An image about how to move in your game is only neccessary when you change the controls a game has normally or have something that's new in your buttons.
well the manual and the game is separated containing an security feature (site only distribution code, version security code etc...)which also contain information about the game and instruction on how to play the game...
and also for people who don't know any rpg maker game so they can know the controls... it kinda like the book manual found in every video game...

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
Jomarcenter, you have to finish your game before you make a manual for it. (Bad boy!)
And please stop your security things (Or at least don't tell me >.>)
Noone will steal it, don't worry.
And if they do, your "security" wouldn't be able to prevent it.

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
If you want no one to steal anything from you, don't post it on the internet...

Or, in a more childish way:

yah, stealing bad, don't show anyone, keep it for yaself, or they will take it away-way and give you an internetillness!