RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
FFVI Trance-styled/FFVII Vincent Limit Break-styled Command [2k3]

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
Ok, THIS one is going to be a bit of a doozy, since I got some of it working. Just not all of it...

Ok, so I have a character with a command that essentially swaps her for an AI-controlled version of herself (different movesets, but in permanent Power Up/Magic Up/Defense Up status and unable to use anything but the skillset and Attack). I have the EX version's stats set to 1 (Level, HP, MP, ATK, DEF, MAG, SPD) and am trying to set it up so that when you switch between modes during battle, the EX version's stats are identical to the original's. I'm sure that all I have to do is match levels, but the reason for doing it THIS way is because if I release this patch, and if people were to use this command, then the character would just end up with crappy stats and whatnot because you have to restart the game to get everything fixed on characters.

So I tried this out by putting the following in the Hakutaku command (the command that lets you switch modes):

Variable Operation: [1313: EX Keine Level] Set, Keine Level
(Rinse and repeat for everything, including EXP, HP, Max HP, MP, Max MP, ATK, DEF, MAG, SPD, Weapon No., Armor No., Shield No., Helmet No., and Accessory No.)
Change Statistics: EX Keine Max HP 9999 Down
Change Statistics: EX Keine Max HP V[1315] Up
Change Statistics: EX Keine Max HP 1 Down
(Rinse and repeat for Max MP, ATK, DEF, MAG, SPD. I forgot to do anything with the equipment because this is the main thing I wanted to set up).
Full Heal: EX Keine

In the Battle Event page, this is what I have for Hakutaku command:

Keine uses [Hakutaku] Command

Show Battle Animation: Hakutaku, Keine (Wait)
Call Common Event: Hakutatku
Change Party Members: Keine Remove
Change Party Memnbers: EX Keine Add

The problems I have noticed with this is as follows:

*Upon switching the character, the switched character's stats do not change at all. In addition, the switch character's ATB gauge does not move. Though this may be due more to the fact that EX Keine's stats are all set to 1 by default.
*Thinking on this, it may be possible to auto-Game Over if this command is used when Keine is the last one alive. Is there any way to prevent the Game Over during the switch?

What I also find weird, which is something I addressed to Cherry before, is that while using the Change Party Member command, I did not get the error I normally did when I did my Exclusion status attack (Think of FFV's Omega's Encircle attack. Something like that). Very strange...

If anyone can test this out, or would like the game files to see what could be wrong, do let me know. I can send the files via PM (excluding music, because that's not needed here). This is only if it'll make it easier for you to decipher what is going on or to figure out how to fix it/modify it/etc. This also goes for anything else in the skill commands (guess I might as well say I'm looking for a debugger/event tester or something...).

Rep: +0/-0Level 85
I really wish I could help you because that whole thing with disease helped me figure some things out for my game that were totally unrelated to that condition, and It kinda makes me sad that not many people use 2k3 that I can tell.

maybe If I could look at the files and mess with it I could figure something out, but I am a noob and I can't promise anything.

Rep:
Level 85
Huh? You figured out something with Disease? Wish I could get it working...

From what I gathered about why this isn't working, is it's due to how battle event commands and Common Event commands work. Since you cannot change the base statistics of the characters in the battle events, and you can in Common Events, calling the Common Event in a battle event will make the battle event SKIP over all lines it cannot read (this is what I believe is causing my Disease status to not work, and either reduce you to 1 HP while the status is on or restore you to full HP if removed). This seems to be the case here as none of the change statistics were taking effect at all.

So what I'm going to try to do is set it up so that outside of battle, both Keine and EX Keine's levels are identical at all times (well, the EXP anyways). The problem now though is when I use the command, I get a "Event script referenced a battle animation that does not exist" error, which is weird as there's nothing that would be causing it to do that at all...

Well if you want to do it the simple boring way, you could make it so that the character swaps in with a status effect that doubles it's everything. As for getting the levels to match I would have to mess with that.

And no I didn't figure out something with disease, if I had got it to work I would have posted.

I used some things from it to make my blood magic character a possibility.

I wanted to mess with disease though and I will do so later.

One thing you could do instead of this thing your taking is after battle you run a common event that keeps the characters the same level. like make a variable for the normal character's  level, then make a variable for the current level of EX. Then you add variable 1 to EX's level and subtract variable 2 from it. setting this after every battle will ensure they remain the same level.

then if you want them to have the same Hp and MP you can use more variables when the charactor swaps in. then if you want to double the stats, you can make a condition she will be swapped in with and just checkmark double and check all of the stats oof and the resistances if you want. then if you win with EX still out you can set the same variable common event in reverse by setting it to only run with a switch that comes on if that charactor is in the battle.

I hope this works for you or you find a better method.

Rep:
Level 85
Right now the main issue I'm having at the moment is the command just not working at all, and giving me that "Event referenced a battle animation that does not exist error" when it shouldn't at all. I'll be uploading what I have so far right now, so if you want that, just let me know and I'll let you take a look at the coding?

I will be happy to see what I can do, If anything at all.

This is really REALLY strange.

for the lols I copied what you had for it and set it up like how I would and I got the same error you got. However, once I swapped all instances of ex kiene with suwako IT WORKS.

so my next theory was "maybe it has something to do with it being AI controlled because I havent messed with that before. Nope, same error but it works with suwako. so I only have one more remaining theory to test and I will get back to you when I do.

I just though I should let you know that setting the exp with variables DOES work I just havent tested one theory
"what if the using of the same idle stance is screwing things up somehow"  and it isn't I changed all the sprites and it still gives me that.

so  went back to the drawing board and completely remade Exkiene from scratch and switched all her animations with another charactor's sprites and it still gives me that error. the only thing I can figure is that you have an event script that is linked to kiene that you had at one point and then decided yo didnt need. Nothing short of scanning all your common events for anything to do with kiene will fix it, and you have ALOT of though.

like i said, the coding for the event works like you want it to, something just gets in the way and IDK what. its strange because ANY OTHER CHARCTOR except ex kaiene works. its really bugging me that I cant figure it out.

i hope you fix t because you already have put ALOT of work in to this game and I would hate to see it go to waste.

:( sorry I couldnt help

Rep:
Level 85
Well, what's weird is that before I removed the stuff out of the Battle Event (the Hakutaku Common Event referenced all of the stats from Keine > EX Keine), it worked perfectly fine. Just that the stats didn't set themselves correctly. I don't know what could be causing that at all though...

Didn't you say at one point that you set it to play an animation for hakutaku? Because when I was looking at your animations, I didn't see one. I could have missed it though. You have a lot of animations.

Rep:
Level 85
The animation for Hakutaku is an empty animation (it's similar to how I have Chakra set up. It's there, but it's an empty animation with nothing playing in it at all). It never crashed Chakra though so I don't know why it's crashing this. Even worse, if you REMOVE the Show Battle Animation, it still does the same thing, so I have no idea what's going on.

Rep:
Level 85
Actually, try something for me if you can (I'd do it myself, but busy setting up stuff for when I come back from my RPG Maker break), and delete everything in the battle event for the Hakutaku command (it got moved to an unused Test 0 group, so you'll want to copy/paste that into the original Test 0 (x1) group for it to be tested correctly in the debug room. I move all of the unused coding and whatnot into that unused group in the event that I need to reference it later). See if it crashes there. If it does...then I don't know lol...