RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Tileset Creator Edit

Rep:
Level 66
RMRK Junior
Tileset Creator
Version: 1
Author: game_guy / edited by ThallionDarkshine
Date: May 4, 2012

Planned Future Versions

• Version 1.1 - More snapping options and changing tile opacity

Description

Some of you may remember game_guy's old tileset creator. Well I just downloaded it a few days ago, and it is Awesome!! However, I found a few errors in it, and a few functions that I found it lacking in. So here is my edit of the tileset creator, complete with several new features and a few bug fixes.

Note. I just finished working out changing opacity and saturation in the tileset creator. After I finish the documentation for it I will post a link to the updated version.

Features

• Snap to Grid or Point
  • Drag in erase mode to erase multiple tiles
  • Change Tileset Height!!!

Screenshots

Instructions

Instructions are contained in the script.

Script

You should probably just download the demo. It has lots of objects to use in tilesets and all necessary libraries included.

Credit

• game_guy
  • ThallionDarkshine

Thanks

• game_guy for writing this amazing script in the first place

Support

Just post all errors on this forum and I'll help you as quickly as I can.

Known Compatibility Issues

None that I know of.

Demo

https://rapidshare.com/files/2657394064/Tileset_Creator.zip

Terms of Use

Use freely.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that I didn't follow the script template at all.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 12:52:53 AM by ThallionDarkshine »

Rep: +0/-0Level 34
RMRK Junior
Please post a new link for download.  File not found is all I get when I click on your link.  OR post the edits you made here.  I have Game_guy's old version so I can update it with your script, but I really want the ability to alter the size of the tileset.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Why not just use an image editor like gimp?

Rep: +0/-0Level 34
RMRK Junior
um, I don't know, cause I'm lazy I guess.  Also I have a few image editors and none of them have grids made up of 32x32 pixel squares with "snap to grid" features.  This one was made specifically for making tilesets.  Does GIMP have snap to grid, or (one of the ones I have) photoshop?