RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2K] [FULL GAME] Chronicles of Tsufanubra (Formerly "Dragon Fantasy REMADE)

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90

Summary:
Celes, the chosen Savior of mankind, must embark on an arduous journey to receive the blessings of Tsufanubra's overseers and take her rightful place atop the heavens. Little does she know that a crazed fanatic plots to usurp her position among the world's guardians, and has other ideas in mind for her divine inheritance...

Genre:
Fantasy.

Engine:
RPG Maker 2000

"
Eons ago, the world and all of its splendors were created by the magnificent and all-powerful being simply known as the "Creator." It wove the threads of life, and upon creating the planet of Tsufanubra, spotted it with its most cherished life-form: man.

Having gifted mankind with all of its blessing and necessities, the Creator simply watched as man forged his own path in life, and over the decades crafted himself in to a race of truly wondrous individuals numbering in the millions.

The Creator, however, grew tired of this creation, and thus gave life to three heavenly Kings to watch over and monitor the world in his stead. Overseeing their lord's creation from on-high, the Three Kings of Tsufanubra guided their people into an age of peace and prosperity for countless years to follow...

Then that fated day came—the day wherein a great darkness spilled from the opposite world of Arbunafust, and threatened to dominate Tsufanubra and all who lived upon it. The efforts of this otherworldly force, however, were thwarted by the Three Kings. They gifted mankind with four divine relics, then simply waited for man to take back what had been stolen from them.

With the aid of their overseers, man was able to forcibly remove the invading force, and cast it back to whence it came.

Their purpose completed, the relics bore themselves into the earth, forever shedding their light in silence so that mankind could attain eternal peace.
"

Characters:

Celes
Central protagonist of Chronicles of Tsufanubra. Celes was born in the rural village of Yur, within the eastern kingdom of Yurudos. Since birth, she has born the mark of the “Savior,” an individual chosen by the Three Kings of Tsufanubra to lead their people into a new age.

Sando
A well-known, high-ranking solider within Castle Verdam. He is also Princess Lifa's personal attendant and very close friend. He's been by her side since they were children, and has devoted his life to her and the royal family for taking him in and raising him as one of their own.

Yoor
A cleric hailing from the western kingdom of Borez. Devoting his life to the art of healing at a young age, Yoor has accumulated vast amounts of magical experience through the years, and because of this has come to be well-respected within Borez.

Lifa
The princess of Yurudos, and close friend to Sando. She lost her mother at a young age, but those who knew her mother and now know her say they're next to identical, right down to her tendency to talk non-stop!

Cloaked Man
A mysterious individual who hounds Celes for reasons unknown.

Vladimir
Archmage of Yurudos and one of the world's most powerful magic-wielding individuals. It was he who taught Lifa what she knows of the dark arts, and used to be a very trusted friend and instructor of hers until some unexpected events transpired...

Credits
-Corfaisus of RMN (Mapper/Tester)
-Ephiam (Myself)
-Desertopa of RMN (Co-Writer/Tester)
-Dyhalto of RMN (Sprite editor)
-Trihan of RMN (Battle Animation Design)
-Yellow Magic of RMN (Tester/LPer)
-Kenlan of RMN (Tester)
-Various game series' such as Breath of Fire, Final Fantasy, Live a Live, Castlevania, Golden Sun, Dragon Warrior/Quest, etc.
-Brasington lane (for Dragon Warrior IV Renaissance)
-Ghost of RMN (For the title screen)
-My friend Chloe (Ashikai) for the awesome poster featured on RMN.

Estimated Game Length
10-15~ Hours.

Media
A "Let's Play" by YellowMagician:

Episode ONE (out of the current 7):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9o4GGYherY

Download:
Newly released over at RMN on February 27, 2017. This is the full game.

https://rpgmaker.net/games/3748/
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 04:29:09 PM by Lavata »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I'm very happy to see you again :) Really enjoyed your retro projects, will give this one a shot too. Sounds a bit interesting even if some of the terminology is rather heavy.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Yeah, I'm not as much of a forum-goer as I was. Usually I just preoccupy myself with other things now, rather than wading through posts day-after-day. And believe me, I used to do a lot of it. Lol.

Glad to know that you've enjoyed some of my earlier projects though! Makes me smile. Hopefully this, uh, "newer" looking title can live up to those expectations and still capture that "feel."

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
lol I already commented on this at Creation Asylum.  It looks nice.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I don't think you did, good sir! Why must you use a different name?! Now I have been confused, and my brain short-circuited. D=

Thanks, though! Glad you think so. I LOVE having a mapper. It makes everything so much easier, and he's about 1000x more talented than me at mapping! That, and just seeing how he envisions certain areas is always awesome. I love surprises like that.

Rep:
Level 81
Just downloaded the demo so I will give my thoughts after! Right now it looks promising though. :)
Spoiler for "My Project":
Project topic:

Project blog:

Spoiler for "I Support":

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Awesome! Looking forward to hearing back from you.

And to double that dose of awesome, this game has been moved! Yee-haw!

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Woah, this game looks awesome! And an hour long demo, I can complete that in one sitting and get back to you right away with some feedback. Downloading now.

Well i guess i would play it if i had a clue how to get it started. I downloaded RM2000, and the RTP and what not, but the game doesn't begin. I never used 2K so I really don't know much about how it functions, but is there a way you could make this game standalone?
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 10:06:54 PM by hiromu656 »

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
It is stand-alone. Or at least I meant for it to be.
Once you've downloaded and extracted all of the files from the ZIP, just find the RPG_RT in the folder and execute it. There shouldn't be anything more to it than that, to be honest. I added the RTP and what-not the the game and everything. I am puzzled! Try downloading it again? =S

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I got it this time. Didn't realize I had to extract it because WinRar hadn't been showing up. I used 7zip and it worked fine, I'll play it tomorrow though.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Glad to hear that thinks worked out good, and hope to hear back from you in the future! Appreciate the download. =)

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
I played through the demo. It's a very fun game, and I really love the graphics. The music is also very good and fits everywhere that its used. I don't have any complaints on the gameplay side of things, its interesting and balanced and finding chests is always fun to do. A complaint that I seem to always have with rm2k games is the text, it's sometimes hard to read what some words are saying. Along with that, I think the story is well done pacing wise, but there always seems to be a bit too much left out whenever the story is brought into play. For instance, the introduction doesn't really tell any background about this Celes and I'd love to know more about the game's Gods (or Three Kings) - Unless of course they will be explained later on, then forget I said that.

But all in all, it's a very satisfying game, and even though I seem to say this a lot and never actually do it, I feel like I'd play through this entire game when it comes out. It's a really cool game.

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Great to hear! Glad to know that you enjoyed the experience, Hiromu! Don't worry, you'll learn plenty of the game's god-like figures (the Three Kings) as the story progresses. They're not the focus in this game, however a fairly decent chunk of information regarding them will be revealed during the story. All of the mysteries and such will be resolved in the end, because all-in-all it's not a very complex or deep story.

If you're having trouble with the text, I have another download within the same link (just go to the "downloads" tab on the game page) that has a font file you can install if the font's all wonky.

I hope you do end up coming back for the finished version! That'd be awesome. Thanks for playing!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
The demo's been updated, for those of you that are interested. The previous version had been floating around for quite a while and was in need of touch-ups and some major adjustments. Here's the blog that I posted prior to uploading the latest version:

-All of the game's weapons have been re-balanced and their stats adjusted.

-Instead of utilizing their own damage modifiers, each weapon type now shares the same "PHYSICAL" attribute.

-Each weapon type is now, by default, effective against a particular enemy type:
SWORDS deal bonus damage to (Animals)
DAGGERS deal bonus damage to (Humanoids)
SCYTHES deal bonus damage to (Plants)
AXES deal bonus damage to (Armored)
BOOKS deal bonus damage to (Magical)

-Scythes now reduce the wielder's AGILITY, whereas in the previous version of the game they had no real drawbacks aside from their modifier. Because of this, like Daggers and Axes, they needed to be adjusted so that they wouldn't be so overpowered. Also, as a secondary (and not so important) HIDDEN bonus, there's a small chance that when attacking with a scythe, the player can knock down an enemy, causing them to miss a turn and potentially lowering their defenses.

-Daggers reduce DEFENSE, but increase a character's AGILITY.

-Axes reduce INTELLIGENCE, but are extraordinarily powerful weapons. Every axe also decreases the wielder's AGILITY by 5, but none go beyond that. They also have slightly reduced accuracy as opposed to Swords, which boast the highest and are the most consistent in the game.

-Books no longer give any bonuses to a character's ATTACK. Instead, they've been modified to grant a further increase to INTELLIGENCE. Like Scythes, they've also got a hidden factor that comes into play in battles as the BookXtra. Some enemies, usually magical, will take even MORE damage from Books than normal. Also, every Book has a chance to inflict a status ailment on an enemy when used to attack a foe in battle.

-Lifa starts with the FREEZE, SHOCK, TOXIN, and SEAL spells instead of FLARE, SHOCK, and FREEZE.

-Most of the enemies have been re-balanced to make the game slightly more challenging than before. Their types and weaknesses have also been adjusted.

-Added more NPCs and a few additional key story scenes to the game.

I realize that this topic is a LITTLE old, but I thought it'd be best to post any updates in an existing topic than to make a new one for the exact same thing.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
cool cool
I'll make sure to give it a try.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
I don't think a new topic is warranted considering this one contains all the necessary information and was hardly used, so I updated the opening post. The game's FINALLY been completed after all this time! I never thought the day would come, but here it is!

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Thanks! I think that after being in (very slow) development for 6 years, it's about time I finally shove this baby out the door!

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
For those who may be interested: I've released a newer, slightly updated version of this game. If you're like me and want something that sounds a little higher in quality, you'll enjoy the brand new MP3 soundtrack that's replaced the MIDI files featured in the original game.

https://rpgmaker.net/games/3748/