RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[2k3] Invalid color depth isn't nice

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
the guy that came a long time ago but did nothing
I have the NES palette. When I try to import it, invalid color depth is reported. I could just save the palette as a 256-color BMP and completely ruin it. Easy.

However, I didn't like the damage done to it and decided to remake it as best I can using vanilla sprites for color reference. That means that I am using a palette made completely from things that were made for 2k3. When I try to upload the updated palette, it still reports to having invalid color depth.

Is there a way to actually get around this? The same way that the vanilla sprites got in?
p cool sig

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Get gimp or photoshop or download graphics gale or idraw or something.  copy the picture into there and save it as a 256 color png or something.  Usually the issue with images, even if it has 256 colors or less, it still tries to register the full spectrum allowed by the file (the specifics I am unsure about) so you need to make sure the file really is a 256 color file.  Usually it's just ms paint that screws the colors up.  Photoshop, gimp and whatnot will just dither the image if it needs to. 

Hope that helps.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep: +0/-0Level 81
the guy that came a long time ago but did nothing
Can I do such a thing on Paint.net?
p cool sig

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Can I do such a thing on Paint.net?

Maybe but I'm not positive as I've never used it.  Most people suggest gimp as the free alternative to photoshop though so it might be a safer bet to use that or graphicsgale free edition.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.