RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
TP System Overhaul

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
TP System Overhaul
Version: 1.1
Author: Pacman
Date: 22nd of June, 2014

Version History

• <Version 1.0> 2012.04.23 - Original Release
  • <Version 1.1> 2014.06.22 - Fixed an oversight concerning notetags

Planned Future Versions

• COME AT ME BRAH

Description

RPG Maker VX Ace comes with a very cool system secondary to MP called TP. All actors (and enemies) have TP (whether it is shown or not is up to the user), with a maximum of 100. While an interesting idea and useful in a lot of ways, the default TP system is not very flexible to the users needs. This script sets out to get rid of restrictions placed by the default scripts in relation to TP.

Features

This super-sexy script will allow you to:
  • Give actors and enemies different maximum TP values (exceeding the default limit of 100)
  • Give skills a TP cost of over 100
  • Change actor and enemy base TP values at your pleasure
  • Let the TP of an actor be effected by the actor's level
  • Give each actor or enemy a different formula for calculating the initial TP they start every battle with.
  • Set TP altering stats on equips (Armors and Weapons)

Screenshots

I really actually can't be bothered. Most of the script is mechanical, not visible, anyway. I would only be able to show you a TP gauge with a maximum above 100.

Instructions

Paste above Main, below Materials. Follow instructions in the script header.

Script

Get it at Pastebin.

Credit

• Pacman

Thanks

• RPGm23, for reporting an error.
  • The cast and crew of House, M.D. (especially Hugh Laurie and Jesse Spencer ;o) for entertaining me while I toiled away over a hot keyboard writing this.

Support

Post here with any bug reports, incompatibility issues, problems, inquiries, Spaniards, endeavours, stonemasons, death threats, improvements, monsters that live beneath my bed (please help), cries for help, questions and most importantly a diagnosis for a weird rash I have (PM me for picture).
Oh, that reminds me, you can PM me if you're embarrassed or whatever.

Known Compatibility Issues

None so far, but there are bound to be some. I did overwrite some stuff.

Demo

There are examples in the script.

Author's Notes

Note that the formulaic options can be extremely complicated. They are there for super-duper-crazy smart people to make their games extra-special fun if they want to. By all means, do not feel pressured to use these options.
Also Laurie is better than Fry as an entertainer, but Fry is better than Laurie as an all-round person.

Terms of Use

Terms of Use for RMVXA Scripts Database. I don't really have any specifications. Credit required for any project, contact me for commercial games. Also knowing if you're using any of my scripts makes me feel warm and fuzzy so it's nice to know :)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 10:39:10 AM by Baron von Pacman »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
The TP system will be much better now, Pacman has done it again :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
:D
I was looking to do a really useful script this time. Of course, a lot of the features in this script are simply for crazy people to just make it even more tailored to them. I should include that in the post, too.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
hey now, stephen fry is still extremely entertaining.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Yes, he is. But it's very difficult to top Hugh Laurie.

Rep: +0/-0Level 23
RMRK Junior
If i were to criticize, i was just trying it and for whatever reason all my actors are at max TP.