RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Diablo 3

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I dunno, why would you post without a brain?!

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Diablo 3 isn't an MMO, there's little point in comparing it to GW2.  It's online, you fight in real time, that's all they share in common.  From what I've played (the Diablo 3 Beta) it's shaping up to be the game Diablo fans have been waiting for.  If you're not a Diablo fan, this is a moot point!

I am getting both, because I get Diablo 3 for free, and pre-ordered Guild Wars 2.
If you want to wait, I may be able to stream Guild Wars 2 next weekend during the BWE.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
You make the best point about Diablo. Moo, you played the D3 beta, and if you felt it was unexciting I doubt the end-game content will change your mind. The endless killing for loot is what drives Diablo, not the final boss.

GW2, on the other hand, is entirely different from GW. I have plenty of blind faith in ANet but I don't know how it'll end up. There will be more Guild Wars 2 Beta Weekends in the coming months. If you like what you see and hear about this coming Beta Weekend you can always pre-purchase afterward to get into the next ones, if you want.

Some people were talking about pre-purchasing it from like a gamestop or something and then canceling their order, and theoretically you should still have guaranteed access to the other beta weekends (because physical pre-purchases require a different code for the beta and the full game). Not sure how it'll work out, but you could always look into that later on.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Maybe if you're a casual.
i hate idiots who play games seriously and get all pissy about it. you're leading me to believe you're one of those people

also weeaboo

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I'm someone who plays games seriously, but I could give less about people playing games casually. The only time I get pissy about it is if some casual gamer thinks he's better than a serious player who is significantly better or if they ruin a game for a serious player on their team and say something stupid like "it's just a game." I know that wasn't directed towards me but just defending myself as a serious gamer.

IN ANY CASE, I'm probably going to buy D3. It's a long way away before GW2 even comes out (since the beta weekends start this month and there are scheduled beta weekends in the months to come), and Torchlight 2 isn't that expensive for when it does come out. So D3 should last me.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Maybe if you're a casual.
i hate idiots who play games seriously and get all pissy about it. you're leading me to believe you're one of those people

also weeaboo
Both of those posts were jokes, but unsurprisingly the good people of RMRK are incapable of not being retarded. Stop takin' everything so serious, brother.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:44:42 PM by chewey »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

also weeaboo
Both of those posts were jokes, but unsurprisingly the good people of RMRK are incapable of not being retarded. Stop takin' everything so serious, brother.

Or maybe Kaden's post was a joke, and you failed to understand the humour because you're retarded.

If you expect others to understand when you're joking when you expressionlessly type something that's only mildly funny even when understood as a joke, you should perhaps be less quick to assume that other people's humourless posts aren't jokes.

After all, jokes that aren't funny are the soul of RMRK, and it is unsettling that one should so casually insult this mighty fine tradition by assuming them not to be jokes. Begone, foul demon! Begone!

I am reminded of a small dolphin I once befriended at the NYC Aquarium. She was lovely.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
 Everything you just said probably isn't the case. Probably.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Oh most definitely.

I was just typing because I like words. I like annoying people with words. I wish I knew more words. Words is one of the only words I know :(

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Trolling is so out of style. The trolls killed it. Being cool with everything is the new scene.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Yeah, I'm disappointed that GW2 will most likely drop during the beginning of the semester. I can understand your decision. I'm betting on August or September :(

Just get it eventually! We need a big enough RMRK group.

Rep:
Level 97
Trolling is so out of style. The trolls killed it. Being cool with everything is the new scene.

I like trolling as a concept. It is inherently exclusionary, in that the joke is only funny if there is an in-group observing an excluded group that fails to understand the joke. I find it interesting that a statement that might have no independent humour content generates humour by people not understanding that it's intended to be humourous. It essentially makes fun of people for correctly interpreting the explicit content of a message but failing to comprehend its meaning. In that way, the existence of trolling forces people to examine more than the content of a message to understand the message, which is a useful skill of critical reflection that many people do not otherwise learn. It's unfortunate that it's a type of bullying as otherwise I think it's pretty neat.

Anyway, I have never played Guild Wars so my opinion is useless, but I love Diablo so I'll be getting that.

Rep:
Level 94
I'm cool with that.

Rep:
Level 97
I laughed and I don't know how to express that without sounding like I'm trolling. Is there a sincerity emoticon?

Rep:
Level 94

Rep:
Level 97
I laughed. :|

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
i was so serious

i hate you chewey

wanna make out
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 11:03:41 PM by Kaden »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I am so annoyed by everything being called trolling it's so stupid
:taco: :taco: :taco:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Stop trolling, Skanker.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
D3 comes out in two days. More like one day because it's like Monday night/Tuesday morning-ish. Who's playing? ;o

Rep:
Level 94

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I just want to play with friends, mang ;c