RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Diablo 3

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
D3's coming out pretty soon while GW2 is definitely going to take a few months before it's released, but I don't really want to spend $60 on both games. So if you guys had to choose one that you wanted to buy, which would it be?
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:17:08 PM by Ploopy »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Guild Wars 2, as far as I know, isn't expected to be a huge let-down.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
That's kind of like saying "I've heard Taco Bell's food isn't terrible."

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
I'm buying Guild Wars 2. So, that's my recommendation.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Get demos or trials. Try them out for yourself. Buy the one you like better.

::)
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member

It's more like saying "I haven't heard that Taco Bell's food is terrible."

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Buy a good game instead.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Yeah, just get a pizza like normal people.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Funnily enough, they open up the Open Beta weekends for GW2 only for those who have pre-purchased the game =________=

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Guild Wars 2. Yeah I pre-purchased. You can get into the Beta weekends even if you didn't, I think, but you're guaranteed admittance if you pre-purchased. I was going to buy it anyway and it saves me a trip later on, and the BWE are nice bonuses.

I don't think content and length are an issue for either game, but I think Guild Wars 2 will stay fresher longer, even as you repeat content. Check out this GW2 skill calculator for an idea of how builds work.
D3 also requires a constant internet connection, if you weren't aware, so you'll need internet for both.

Torchlight 2 is launching at $20, and looks good as well. I'm actually more excited for it than D3. T2 looks like a good evolution of its predecessor and D2. It can be played entirely offline, and it supports mods, unlike D3.

Eventually I'll buy D3, but I don't buy games at $60. Gw2 is so far the only exception.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It all depends, are you a fan of Diablo? I am, and I'm gonna get it sometime when I can afford it, whereas I was never impressed with guild wars. It all comes down to your own preferences and whatnot, but I'd personally recommend Diablo.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
It is perhaps the most baka thing in the world to commit to buying a game before it has released, especially an MMO.

You had a chance to check out Diablo 3's open beta this weekend, but time is running out. You better hurry, zon.

If I had to choose between the two, it would be
Spoiler for:
neither because I'm not very interested in Diablo or payin' for MMOs. Dragon's Dogma looks cool.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 01:48:26 AM by chewey »

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

It's more like saying "I haven't heard that Taco Bell's food is terrible."

Well played sir

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, I tested out the Diablo 3 Open Beta, and - just at a first glance - it doesn't seem too great. It's well-made and everything, but with such a limited beta, it's hard to tell what features are actually in it and what the end-game content and whatnot is like.

And yeah, I haven't committed to buying either of them yet. I really want to try out GW2 beta before I commit to buying either of them.

I completely forgot about Torchlight 2, too, and that was one of the things I wanted to buy. I never personally played the first one, but I heard good things about it from my brother.

And GW2 just seems better from just looking at skills. It seems more dynamic and exciting. zzz I should really try D3 again, though, since my very first Beta experience was quite... unnatural.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:49:26 AM by Ploopy »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
It is perhaps the most baka thing in the world to commit to buying a game before it has released, especially an MMO.

It is perhaps the stupidest thing in the world to use a random Japanese word in an English sentence.
Just Saiyan. :V

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Gomenasai, I did not mean to upset you >w<

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Nah, it's Kuru.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Diablo 3
YOU THREW OFF THE BALANCE OF THE ENTIRE THREAD

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Its because I have no interest in guild wars, and am having fun with the Diablo beta. Games are about fun.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Maybe if you're a casual.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
No. Games are about fun. If you're not playing for fun, then rethink what you're doing.

Just Saiyan. :V
Saiya-jin :mad:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
No. Games are about fun. If you're not playing for fun, then rethink what you're doing.

Haha wow you're so misguided
:taco: :taco: :taco:

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Play Metal Gear Solid that game is fuckin

incredible.

Rep:
Level 94
Why would you play a game that isn't fun? Might as well eat a dookie flavored candy.