RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] A Thief's Tale

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
You've set up the variable, but not the conditions.

Firstly, you've set it up as an autorun event which would halt player input. Meaning that the player pressing anything wouldn't count towards it. It needs to be a 'Parallel Process'.

That would do what you want, but there is no failing of that test.
Essentially I could press the button whenever I wanted and it would still count, even 10 minutes later.

You need to set up a time limit so that if you fail to get that variable up to 50 in time, it resets and you'll to begin again.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 58

Firstly, you've set it up as an autorun event which would halt player input. Meaning that the player pressing anything wouldn't count towards it. It needs to be a 'Parallel Process'.

Essentially I could press the button whenever I wanted and it would still count, even 10 minutes later.

You need to set up a time limit so that if you fail to get that variable up to 50 in time, it resets and you'll to begin again.

How do I impute a time limit?
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Spoiler for A Thief's Tale:

Rep:
Level 69

How do I impute a time limit?
Control Timer, then again I hate how it actually shows up on the screen.

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
Or you set the Play Time to another Variable and work with that.
Also you should make the second Page Paralell Process or even Autorun

Rep:
Level 58
Lets pretend for a moment that I have no idea what your talking about.
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Alright, well for the sake of this explanation, I will pretend we are using Switch 1 and Variable 1, though you could use any switch and variable. Switch 1 will be named "Timer", while Variable 1 will be called "Timer in Seconds"

Make a common event and call it Timer Start. It should have no trigger and no condition switch. In that common event, have the following:

Name: [Timer Start]    Trigger: [None]   Condition Switch: [None]
      @>Control Switches: [0001: Timer] = ON
      @>Control Variables: [0001: Timer in Seconds] = 0

Now make a second common event called Timer Update. It should have a trigger of Parallel Process and its condition switch should be Switch 1: Timer

Name: [Timer Update]    Trigger: [Parallel]   Condition Switch: [0001: Timer]
      @>Wait: 20 frame(s)
      @>Control Variables: [0001: Timer in Seconds] += 1

Now all you need to do to start or reset the timer is to call the 1st common event like so:

@>Call Common Event: Timer Start

And when you want to check the value of the timer, all you do is:

@>Conditional Branch: Variable [0001: Timer in Seconds] >= X

Where X is the time limit in seconds.

You can pause the timer with:

@>Control Switch: [0001: Timer] = OFF

You can unpause the timer with:

@>Control Switch: [0001: Timer] = ON

That's a more generalized explanation of the concept, but you can easily adapt it to any situation in which you need a timer.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 12:30:19 AM by Seamus »

Rep:
Level 58

Any suggestions?

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
Yup, i suggest you could thank Seamus (Modern Algebra), for what he has done Oo

Oh, or do you mean a suggestion for your map?
Well, it is way too empty, but would you mind to tell us what this map is about? You know, empty doesn't have to be bad, it depends on what this map actually is.
E.g. if it is a Kings Palace, put much more decoration in there, if it is some kind of temple it could be this empty, if you explain why it is empty.

But what the hell is this pixelsperm on the carpet?

Rep:
Level 69
I actually think it's perfect so far, but like Sebastian said, we need to know what it's for.

I assume it's for the trial that uses the timer?

Rep:
Level 58
Yup, i suggest you could thank Seamus (Modern Algebra), for what he has done Oo

Oh, or do you mean a suggestion for your map?
Well, it is way too empty, but would you mind to tell us what this map is about? You know, empty doesn't have to be bad, it depends on what this map actually is.
E.g. if it is a Kings Palace, put much more decoration in there, if it is some kind of temple it could be this empty, if you explain why it is empty.

But what the hell is this pixelsperm on the carpet?

This is the Temple of the player's deity. and the image on the carpet is her symbol, one crown facing up indicates the ruler of the heavens, one crown facing down ruler of the earth, they are connected saying one divine being is the rightful ruler of both, since it's Quanta's symbol it means she is the rightful ruler of heaven and earth.

I actually think it's perfect so far, but like Sebastian said, we need to know what it's for.

I assume it's for the trial that uses the timer?

No that is to gain entrance into the temple, in here there is a maze using transport events, each event will send you back to the start of the temple, they make up a maze and once you step on the end tile it shuts down.

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
You could use something like gimp, or even Paint to make the "crowns" a little more crown-like, at the moment it looks more like some kind of reptile...
Maybe some tips instead of the square look
And if it's only an entrance I'd make it a bit smaller, maybe some hint to what lies ahead and more decoration, except if it's some "cult" where one is not allowed to have much property
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 06:35:56 AM by Sabrina »

Rep:
Level 69
Idk how relevant this is but, pertaining to size, I make the inside of the building to scale x3.5 of what it is outside(rounding up). It makes for a really nice solid blueprint and forces you to keep some areas small so decorating is much easier. When it comes to what you want to add to rooms and things, I have a hard time helping you out. That really comes down to what you prefer, but we can help you with tips and tricks.

Rep:
Level 58
Hey, does anyone know where I could find some character sets that were made for a desert setting?