RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] A Thief's Tale

Rep:
Level 58

Spoiler for Backstory:
   Millennia before time flowed freely and man was born there were five goddesses four sisters and their mother. They were Natari Goddess of Prudence, Censara Goddess of Justice, Lumina Goddess of Temperance, Quanta Goddess of Fortitude, and their mother Aevus Goddess of Time.
Natari, Censara, and Lumina love to create and watch things grow. They decided to make everything they could ever dream of in the void below their heavens. They fashion a world out of their very essence, their life force. They created vast mountain ranges, deep oceans, enormous forest, Plants, animals, men, anything they could imagine.

Quanta became jealous of what the others were doing, for she possessed little imagination and could contribute little to their sisters world. Every day she looked upon her sisters creations and thought how much better they must think themselves than her for they created all this.

A thousand years into the life of this new world, Quanta had had enough. She descended from her perch in the heaven and with hands outstretched, she started to drain the divine life force of her sister’s out of the land. Crops wilted, Animals fell ill, men collapsed and turned to dust in the streets, mountains fell, ocean dried up, life simply stopped.

Confident that everything was gone Quanta ascended back to the heavens. The next day the sisters preparing something else for their land ventured to the veranda where they could view their creation... And what they saw was nothing, Nothing at all. The void stretched below them as though their world had never existed. They started anew recreating as best they could what had been lost. People lived in peace and everything was right once more.

Quanta was infuriated when she saw her sisters rebuilding the world that she thought was gone for good. She descended once more from the heavens and again she drained the world of its life force, only this time there was a witness. Censara, Goddess of Judgement wishing to watch her world grow was standing on the veranda. She watched as Quanta reduced their world again to dusk and then the void overcame the dust and there was nothingness.

Censara told Natari and Lumina what Quanta had done, then they all appealed to their Mother, Aevus, the Goddess of Time. Aevus told them “In the world you created Quanta was not included. She thinks that you three prized your world above your relationship with her. She said to them, “Next time you make a world include your sister in it, ask her to make some of it. If she has a share in its making she will be more hesitant to destroy it.”

The sisters took this advice but the first sister posed a problem with creating another world to their mother. “We’ve fashion the worlds we made out of our own life force, and our power is beginning to wane, if we make another world and Quanta destroys it we will fade away.” “Do not worry my child, if your sister indeed tried again to end your creation I will defend it with my life.” “Thank you Mother” They said and departed their Mother’s chambers.

The next day Natari, Censara, and Lumina went to Quanta and said to her “Our world fade away each time we try to  make one, we believe they are unbalanced, surly if you helped us create a new world it would last an eternity.” Quanta answered them “If you want my help, I give it freely. Just don’t expect anything to grand.” despite Quanta’s agreement with the other three she was afraid to make anything for fear that it should fail. The fourth sisters made a third world together. Filling it with all the wonders and riches of the two previous.

Quanta added her power to the other but did nothing more for she could not create anything for fear of if not turning out the way it was planned. Natari notice. “Go on” she said “make something, if it goes badly it can be fixed later.” Quanta still could not think of something to make so she looked into the creations of the divine power she had stolen. From there she created a tribe of people, predominantly women who worshipped her as if she was the sole goddess.
The other three did not look kindly on this but the remained silent for fear that the fourth would grow angry and destroy all that was before her.

The goddesses finished work upon their creation and saw that it was good. Secretly however Quanta looked on the world and saw only how great her sisters creations were compared to hers. She was unsatisfied with the world and so she descended again to the earth meaning to drain the world of it life force once more. She held her arms aloft and was about to reduce the world to dust, when a voice drifted over the hills, valleys and rivers. “What are doing to your sisters beloved people, daughter?” Quanta looked around and saw her mother descend along side her. “My sister love this forsaken land far more than me so I shall destroy everything that they hold dear.” “My beloved, why would you want to shatter them like that. They have worked hard for this world and so have you, why do you not share the rewards together.” Aevus said  Quanta responded venomously “They shall feel the pain of loss as I have, I lost them to this accursed world so now they shall lose it.” “I am sorry my daughter but if you shall not turn back I will stop even if it means ending you time prematurely.” “You would kill you own daughter?” “I would if it means protecting my other three. Now if you will not turn back, we enter into the field of battle.” “You force my hand Mother, I do not wish to fight you but if you attack me I shall destroy you.” “Have at it then”

The two goddesses, mother, and daughter began to fight. Aevus wielded a silver sword (The physical manifestation of time), Quanta a bronze trident. There fight lasted months, surviving on divine strength alone the two fought and fought neither ever having the advantage over the other. The battle reached it inevitable conclusions, The Goddess of Time stabbed her daughter. The silver blade turned to liquid as it slid into Quanta's chest. The silver strands of time snaked around the fourth goddess. imprisoning her completely in tendrils of silver.

“This is your prison daughter, a prison that not even you can break. It is time itself that will hold you hostage.” “You never had the strength to finish me did you Mother? I however don’t suffer from the same affliction. Quanta with her final amount of freedom before the web of time ensnared her completely stabbed the trident into Aevus’s chest. The Goddess of Time fell backward as the poison of Quanta’s magic overwhelmed her. The three sisters who had been watching from the balcony descended. “What have you done? You wicked fiend.” said Censara “You are going to regret what has taken place here today.” said Lumina “It’s chaos poisoning we need to heal her soon.” said Natari. The three took their mother up to the heavens where they used her own magic to preserve her until a time at which she could be saved. Then they left for the one thing left to them, Vengance.

The three had no way left to punish Quanta except to hurt the one thing that she loved in this world. Despite her lack of faith in her creation abilities Quanta was very proud of the tribe she created. The three sisters decided to destroy this tribe's way of living. They pointed the moon and the sun at the land, leaving it scorched with heat during the day and beyond freezing during the night. They also took the life from that land and took the water from the air leaving it barren and unfit for crops.

The People survived, living off of other’s hard work. They stole what they needed from honest people in the countryside. Those thieves have survived with much toil and strife, living on in the first desert and becoming the most well known thieves to day.

Spoiler for In Game Happenings:
Our story begins in this desert community. Their culture is a bit like the amazons were the females are lead the tribe.
  Since the most common occupations there is thievery every woman is sworn into the thief’s guide when they turn 18. The coming of age ceremony includes the girl having to cross the desert to their sacred temple spend one night alone within its walls, take something with them to leave at the temple and then bring back whatever was left there by the previous girl as proof that they reached it.

The story starts with our protagonist’s (Aveil) 18th birthday and her coming of age, she crosses the desert, finds the temple. When she is spending the night, she finds a hidden room with an ancient scroll, telling the location of an ancient pyramid dedicated to Quanta The Goddess of Chaos.

Rather than stay the night, she journeys in the dark to a different part of the desert and finds the pyramid. Within is the ancient trident that Quanta wielded before her imprisonment. It is however stuck within an altar with an inscription telling the location of the (Insert number between 5 and 8 here) last resting places of  the goddesses scattered magic and a message saying that when all (Insert number between 5 and 8 here) pieces of magic had been assembled and absorbed into the trident the goddess would be drawn back to our world.

Aveil spends the night in the pyramid and then makes for town, presenting what she has found to the elders. They send her on a quest to find the missing pieces of chaos magic. When she has assembled them all the trident absorbs them and this magic draws Quanta to the pyramid.

You then have a choice, realize what the Quanta’s return will mean, tell her she doesn’t belong in this world and have her magically poison you, or join her and take over the world.

Spoiler for Different Endings:
My game has five major endings:
Spoiler for Ending 1:
After the Resurrection of the Goddess of Chaos, you realize what she is going to do to the world and tell her she doesn't belong in the mortal world and she should retire to the heavens. She uses an ancient magic on you and the screen goes black. A cut scene ensues where a doctor is talking to the man who found you and the healer taking care of you. The doctor tells them that Aveil has chaos poisoning, a magical aliment not seen since the goddess of chaos was sealed away. The ingredients for a cure are all readily available except for one, a rare plant that grows on the peaks of the mountains west of the area. The healer takes off to find the herbs and you play as him for a while, when Aveil get the treatment, right before she wakes up the three sister goddesses appear and after an argument about whether to enlist Aveil’s help or vaporize her they ask Aveil for assistance defeating The goddess of Chaos. As a divine being Quanta can only be bested by another of her kind. She has absorbed quiet a bit of her sisters life force so they can not match her therfore they send you get the one thing that bested her before, The Sword of Time. The sword is held in the heavens by Aevus the Goddess of Time herself. However with the world in its current state the sisters do not have enough power to lift someone to the heavens, so the send Aveil after an ancient realic that was used by the sisters to forge a bridge between the heavens and First Earth. After tracking down this relic Aveil ascends to the heavens were she finds Mother Time. Aevus is willing to give Aveil the sword but afraid that the divine power it contains will obliterate Aveil's soul. Aevus sends Aveil to her husband, Mortem God of Death to bargain for the shielding of Aveil's soul. After a long trial though the underworld Aveil meets the Reaper and the bargain is sealed, you then reaturn to the land of the living to face off against Quanta the Goddess of Chaos herself.

Spoiler for Characters (so far):
Spoiler for Aveil:

Name: Aveil
Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
Weight: 130 lbs (59 kg)
Birthplace: Clepta Village
Weapon: Dagger
Class: Theif
Personality: Aveil is a strong girl who likes to take command, she can act quiet childish when thins don't go her way, she is headstrong and often rash with decision making but at the same time is adventurous and will stand up for what she thinks is right no matter the coste.
Biography: Aveil grew up quiet sheltered in Clepta Village, a small town buried in the valley between the countryside and the desert. After the events on her seventeenth birthday she is thrust into the wider world for which she is not quiet prepared

Spoiler for Lilith:

Name: Lilith
Height: 5'6" (168 cm)
Weight: 130 lbs (59 kg)
Birthplace: Labe Village
Weapon: Short Sword
Class: Theif
Personality: Lilith is a skilled girl being the daughter of a merchant, she can read and write, and is handy with a blade. She is a quiet girl and she likes it that way. She prefers to go unnoticed unless necessary. She is inquisitive, and kind but she would do anything to defend her brother, Kaleb. Her worst fear is earthquakes and she loves salmon berries.
Biography: Lilith was a well off daughter of a merchant until the untimely eruption of Mt Conlis destroyed buried her home under several tons of volcanic rock and ash. Her parents were killed in the eruptions, she was at the craftsmen school of Silva with her brother at the time. After the eruption she was ended up on the street, stealing to feed her and her brother.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 11:01:54 PM by BadWolf »
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Spoiler for A Thief's Tale:

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
Why are you opening a new thread?
It's the exact same Starting Post as in the one before, and, like DP3 said, two others before...
What do you want to accomplish with opening new threads again and again Oo?
Do you want it to look like you didn't need any help/tips to get this far Oo?

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
It's the exact same Starting Post as in the one before, and, like DP3 said, two others before...

I was wondering the same thing but figured I missed something when I was asleep lol
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 58

I think I read that last post wrong on the old one, I thought it said that I should, and I am the first to admit that I need advice on my game. Oh and by the way there was only one before that was purposeful, the first one was an editing accident. What's Oo mean?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 06:25:51 PM by BadWolf »
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Rep:
Level 58
Hey I need some advice on:

Each corner is a separate trial, top right is puzzle, top left is maze. When you finally reach the temple there is a switch outside that opens an easy way back to town since your going to have to come and go from this area fairly often. In any case I need some help deciding what to put in the other two areas.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Maybe one can be a series of battles, easier ones first, harder one later. The other could be a quiz about your world. Or maybe a series of gates that require keys from different parts of your world?

Just my quick two cents.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots

I think I read that last post wrong on the old one, I thought it said that I should, and I am the first to admit that I need advice on my game. Oh and by the way there was only one before that was purposeful, the first one was an editing accident. What's Oo mean?
Ok fine, but if you create another thread for the exact same thing and delete this one, I'm gonna start giving your game some hate, keep that in mind, I gave you fair warning.

Each corner is a separate trial, top right is puzzle, top left is maze. When you finally reach the temple there is a switch outside that opens an easy way back to town since your going to have to come and go from this area fairly often. In any case I need some help deciding what to put in the other two areas.
Bottom right is the trial of strength, forcing Aveil to fight monsters to prove her strength.
Bottom left is the trial of darkness, forcing Aveil to stand in a pool of darkness created by her goddess that she worships, the player must press the action button repeatedly not to become a victim of the darkness.

Breakdown:
Top Left: Test of Direction (Maze)
Top Right: Test of Wisdom (Puzzle)
Bottom Right: Test of Strength (Monster Fights)
Bottom Left: Test of Faith (Button Mashing)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Maybe one can be a series of battles, easier ones first, harder one later. The other could be a quiz about your world. Or maybe a series of gates that require keys from different parts of your world?

Just my quick two cents.
Looks like me and Bluntsword had the same idea :P
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Yeah but you came up with cool names. Win.

Rep:
Level 58

Just my quick two cents.

I like the first one but since this is the first area of the game you wouldn't have access to where all the other keys are.

Ok fine, but if you create another thread for the exact same thing and delete this one, I'm gonna start giving your game some hate, keep that in mind, I gave you fair warning.

Roger that.

Bottom right is the trial of strength, forcing Aveil to fight monsters to prove her strength.
Bottom left is the trial of darkness, forcing Aveil to stand in a pool of darkness created by her goddess that she worships, the player must press the action button repeatedly not to become a victim of the darkness.

Breakdown:
Top Left: Test of Direction (Maze)
Top Right: Test of Wisdom (Puzzle)
Bottom Right: Test of Strength (Monster Fights)
Bottom Left: Test of Faith (Button Mashing)
[/quote]

Not a bad idea, just for the Test of Faith is it like a certain rhythm you have to tap or just button mashing till it ends?

Rearrange:
Start, Bottom Right: Test of Direction
Top Right: Test of Wisdom
Top Left: Test of Strength
Bottom Left: Test of Faith
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:19:46 PM by BadWolf »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
What does button mashing have to do with faith? I'd make that the strength test personally.
Unless you want to call it "Test of Speed" or something.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Test of Speed sounds better, lets go with that :D

Test of Faith should really, actually belong INSIDE the temple.

Rep:
Level 58
Test of Speed sounds better, lets go with that :D

Test of Faith should really, actually belong INSIDE the temple.

Whatever it's called is it a rhythm or just straight mashing of buttons

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
That is up to you, you're creating it :P

Rep:
Level 69
Well, as examples of 'tests of faith', in crash bandicoot there would be floating fruit that seemed to loom over absolutely nothing and in spyro I remember a very long jump around a corner of a building where you couldn't see the end. Any of this would be hard to add in rpg maker because you have a good view of everything around you. Maybe it could have invisible platforms though?

Rep:
Level 58
That is up to you, you're creating it :P

Fair enough

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Actually if it's a test of speed then it should be just straight forward button mashing.
A rhythm wouldn't exactly make you move any quicker unless you were playing audiosurf somehow.

Well, as examples of 'tests of faith', in crash bandicoot there would be floating fruit that seemed to loom over absolutely nothing and in spyro I remember a very long jump around a corner of a building where you couldn't see the end. Any of this would be hard to add in rpg maker because you have a good view of everything around you. Maybe it could have invisible platforms though?
I'm remembering the Ecruteak gym in Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver.

That is very easy to implement in RPG maker, good idea. :)

Rep:
Level 58
Actually if it's a test of speed then it should be just straight forward button mashing.
A rhythm wouldn't exactly make you move any quicker unless you were playing audiosurf somehow.

Amusing I used you original idea, how would I put that into an event?

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Using a variable.

Everytime the action button is pressed, increase the variable count by one until it reaches a certain amount.

I'll say around 50 should be the final count, if you don't get that amount in around 20-30 seconds, you fail the test and have to restart.

Whilst that sounds simple and easy to me, I'll assume that you've never used variables before and have no idea what I am talking about.

Which means that I'm gonna have to show you, am I correct? :)

Rep:
Level 69

I was going to use that as an example but that would be more along the lines of 'test of awareness' or wittyness. It is faith to some extent and would be very easy to make though.

Rep:
Level 58
Using a variable.

Everytime the action button is pressed, increase the variable count by one until it reaches a certain amount.

I'll say around 50 should be the final count, if you don't get that amount in around 20-30 seconds, you fail the test and have to restart.

Whilst that sounds simple and easy to me, I'll assume that you've never used variables before and have no idea what I am talking about.

Which means that I'm gonna have to show you, am I correct? :)

I found variable in the event bar, no idea how to use them those.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
You've got a lot to learn buddy. Check out the Tutorial section, or Youtube. Not just for the Variables though.

The Variables are sort of like sub-Switches, or that's at least how I think of them. They can be used to affect switches. For example having a switch activate only when a variable has hit 5 calls, and having 5 levers that add one variable to said Switch. There's more you can do of course, but that's a common use for variables.

Rep:
Level 58
You've got a lot to learn buddy. Check out the Tutorial section, or Youtube. Not just for the Variables though.

The Variables are sort of like sub-Switches, or that's at least how I think of them. They can be used to affect switches. For example having a switch activate only when a variable has hit 5 calls, and having 5 levers that add one variable to said Switch. There's more you can do of course, but that's a common use for variables.

I read the the tutorial at this address:
http://www.rmxp.tigerseye.uk.com/tutorial_event3.shtml
it was very helpful and I know how to use variables, but I'm still not sure how I would go about enacting the test of speed or whatever. How would I set the variable command number to go up one every time you press the C button?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Conditional Branch: C Button is being pressed

variable button press +1

Branch end

More explanation: http://www.rpgrevolution.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=49052

Rep:
Level 58
Have I done this right?