RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Dishonored - Debut Trailer

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
This was the major announcement from Bethesda. I thought it was going to be Skyrim DLC or Fallout 4, but this still looks pretty fucking sweet.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1HlYTukh9A" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1HlYTukh9A</a>

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Now thats cool, Its like assasins creed mixed with prototype mixed with infamous.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The art director is the same as Half-Life 2, in case you couldn't tell. Also, the bullets in the game are physical entities, rather than just hitscan or statistical. This way you can use your powers to actually affect projectile ammunition. Ex: Stopping time, moving an enemy in the path of his own bullets, and restarting time.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
This looks a 1000 times better than what the GameInformer article made it seem.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I'm pretty tired of just about everything this game is doing. I'm pretty tired of CG trailers too.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Cool, very little has been shown (as if a CG trailer is worth much). Looks a lot like Thief and Deus Ex. But the art is incongruous; you've got victorian era design but futuristic HL2-style sci-fi as opposed to victorian-influenced sci-fi. I know a HL2 artist is working on it, but still, dude, at least make it less brushed aluminum and angular. Individually it all looks pretty but together it looks like it's from a different era. Maybe this is part of the plot, though.

I'm pretty tired of just about everything this game is doing. I'm pretty tired of CG trailers too.
Explain? However, I think I know what you're thinking, I'd just like to hear what you have to say.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I really don't know how the game is going to turn out, so I'm mostly speaking about it being a first person shooter and the aesthetic. If it turns out to be a little sandboxy like Thief or Deus Ex it could be okay, but I'm still pretty bored of shooting dudes. I'm even bored of these powers developers are introducing to the genre to spice it up, because in the end it doesn't really affect the gameplay enough to make it interesting again for me.

I'm not too keen on the aesthetic either. By now it's a pretty generic idea to slap technology into a period it doesn't belong, I think.

So yeah, I watch this trailer and all I think is "Assassin's Creed... Bioshock... Deus Ex... Half Life 2/Syndicate (because of the technologically advanced elite vs the poor/simple people)" which leads to my impression of the game just being that it's a totally safe bet with nothing interesting going on.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I agree a bit, but these days nearly everything is wait and see. It looks and sounds fun so far. More will be revealed.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
I really don't know how the game is going to turn out, so I'm mostly speaking about it being a first person shooter and the aesthetic. If it turns out to be a little sandboxy like Thief or Deus Ex it could be okay, but I'm still pretty bored of shooting dudes. I'm even bored of these powers developers are introducing to the genre to spice it up, because in the end it doesn't really affect the gameplay enough to make it interesting again for me.

I'm not too keen on the aesthetic either. By now it's a pretty generic idea to slap technology into a period it doesn't belong, I think.

So yeah, I watch this trailer and all I think is "Assassin's Creed... Bioshock... Deus Ex... Half Life 2/Syndicate (because of the technologically advanced elite vs the poor/simple people)" which leads to my impression of the game just being that it's a totally safe bet with nothing interesting going on.
Yeah, I agree completely. As cool as it seems to me, it also sounds like a ton of goty-getter mechanics put into a steampunk setting, which in itself is almost metacritic insurance. Who knows, I definitely don't want to stigmatize the game for myself, but I can't shake this gut feeling.

This generation has made me very skeptical about shooters.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
The game doesn't really display itself as being much of a shooter. It's first person for sure, but the guns aren't really much of what this game is about. The trailers doesn't even have Corvo fire a gun, at least not the typical guns most people imagine. I see Deus Ex and Assassin's Creed when I look at it, but I couldn't bunch it in with today's common shooters. You can like, command rats..

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
The game doesn't really display itself as being much of anything. CG trailers are pretty much useless.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlACgYHtWCI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlACgYHtWCI</a>

Case in fucking point.

Rep:
Level 94
There will be gameplay trailers, eventually. It could be good. There's no way to know yet.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I hope it doesn't suck, because it looks really neat.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
There are articles, like mentioned before. And the CG certain does display what it is; looks like a stealth/assassination game. If that has become a genre.