RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
ask a pokemon fan.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
hello do you know snivy because is my favorite pokemon in gen 5 of the game.

Rep:
Level 69
I stopped liking pokemon after gen 2, that's when they went downhill. I liked some pokemon in gen 3 but bleh...
Do I still count as a pokemon fan?

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
I stopped liking pokemon after gen 2, that's when they went downhill. I liked some pokemon in gen 3 but bleh...
Do I still count as a pokemon fan?
yes if you still like pokemon.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Black and White = Gold and Silver > Red and Blue > Diamond and Pearl > Ruby and Sapphire

This is the one and only truth.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
The Japanese name for Jigglypuff actually translates to "fluffy pink little fucker."

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Black and White = Gold and Silver > Red and Blue > Diamond and Pearl > Ruby and Sapphire

This is the one and only truth.
'fraid not. Fourth generation is pretty bad and definitely sits below the third generation. First generation is clunky as fuck to play these days and the only reason I can play it because of nostalgia, so I would probably place it on par with third gen (or R/S/E, at least). Fifth and second gen are definitely the best, though. Here's the absolute objective truth:
B/W = Crystal > FR/LG > Yellow = Emerald >>> Platinum
Everything else I ain't gonna play cos the third release of a gen is always better.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I'll accept this, since I never played Emerald and I absolutely abhorred Ruby and Sapphire.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
There isn't much of a difference between Emerald and Sapphire/Ruby. I don't even like Emerald all that much. I'm beginning to feel a little iffy about putting it on par with first gen.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
There's no reason to compare gens anymore when all you have to do is play B/W
:taco: :taco: :taco:

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Say, jomar, son, do you know what a "Ho-Oh" (I believe that's what they're called) is? They were all the shits 14-13 years ago.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Say, jomar, son, do you know what a "Ho-Oh" (I believe that's what they're called) is? They were all the shits 14-13 years ago.
i have a Ho-ho using a master ball (well my pokemon emerald got a ton of master ball and i transfer them (by holding to a pokemon) and also sometime i use it in a battle.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
*Ho-Oh :mad:

Also Lugia is awesome :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 69
I actually only played up to Emerald. I didn't like the style of emerald(music, the look of some pokemon) but I loved it otherwise. Being able to make a little base in the mountains, catching those regi legendaries, and I think the fighting between kyogre and groudon was awesome. Not to mention going up the tower and fighting rayquaza. Mixing berries was also a great mini game along with looking for feebas, evolving it and using it in the beauty contest.

Anyways, now that I look back on gen 1,2 and 3, I would say I liked crystal and emerald equally and the first gen was so-so. I played first gen after crystal and I always felt like it was hard to get anywhere not to mention all the pokemon looked freakish.
*Ho-Oh :mad:

Also Lugia is awesome :)
I've honestly never used them in my party. Sure, I've caught them, but the only legendaries I've actually used were Articuno and Rayquaza.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 03:06:15 PM by Scalinger2 »

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I remember when Articuno was allowed Lock-On and Sheer Cold

good times

Also unless you've never felt the joy in hunting for a link cable and then trading/battling you're not a true fan ;9

Rep:
Level 69
I remember when Articuno was allowed Lock-On and Sheer Cold

good times

Also unless you've never felt the joy in hunting for a link cable and then trading/battling you're not a true fan ;9
..or the sorrow when your friends play tug-of-war with their link cable and it stops working afterwards. ;9

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I actually remember back in primary school when I had Silver and trading your pokemon was the best feeling ever :)
I know that one time I actually screamed out "Does anyone have a Meganium they're willing to trade?"

After all the trading, the battling begun, it got really intense sometimes and you'd literally have kids crowding around saying stuff like "OMG he's about to use solarbeam".
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Fifth > Third > Fourth > Second > First

This is law. The fourth gen was better graphically but it was slow and very clunky. The third gen R/S/E/FR/LG games were just better.

Also, if you say you hate a gen, you're not a true pokemon fan. A true pokemon fan likes all gens, regardless of which ones they prefer. All pokemon games are good, but some are just better than others. The first gen games will always have a place in my heart, but they are buggy as fuck and really didn't age well.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess

I'd agree with this, but Sinnoh is an all around boring region. Third gen is actually my favorite next to fifth, but it gets a lot of hate (for no reason? derp too much water).

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I actually like Hoenn as the best region.

Hoenn > Unova > Johto > Kanto > Sinnoh
(Sinnoh Sucks   D: )

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII

I'd agree with this, but Sinnoh is an all around boring region. Third gen is actually my favorite next to fifth, but it gets a lot of hate (for no reason? derp too much water).

Its pretty much a meme to hate Hoenn. I don't think people who say they do actually hate hoenn at all, to be honest.

The reason fourth + second suck so much are:
Sinnoh is a dull region. It had no character at all, and most of it is made up of shitty mountain and cave routes. The gameplay is slow and the evil villains just seemed to be a bit silly. I mean, team plasma isn't serious but they actually got closer to succeeding than any other team, team galactic just sort of flailed about in a few places, summoned a legendary and then failed miserably to do anything with it.

Second gen has the largest amount of shit pokemon. Ledyba, Noctowl, Ledian, Quilfish, Sunkern and Sunflora, Corsola.... I could go on. It did have some true gems like Ursaring, Scizor, Feraligatr, Tyranitar and Espeon/Umbreon, so it does better, in my opinion, than sinnoh. Also, Red.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Second = Fifth > First >> Third = Fourth
As for actual games:
B/W > G/S/C > FR/LG >>>> R/B > R/S/E > D/P
I've never played HG/SS but I need to. Emerald was a bit better than R/S but not enough to get it out of that ditch. I like the pokemon in D/P more but the game was slow as molasses. How is Platinum? I've seen a few used copies for like $15 bucks, and I'm wondering if I should bite.
The third gen is so boring. I've tried several times to play through R/S but I always quit halfway through. There were some cool pokemon in it, but I didn't like the gyms, I didn't like the areas (although there were cool ideas they were all dully designed) and there was just too much boring water. Unavoidable random battles? Check. Fly ineffective? Check.
Also, G/S/C set a pretty high bar. It introduced a lot of new mechanics, and had some kick-ass pokemon. It was basically two games in one in regards to every other gen.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
Second = Fifth > First >> Third = Fourth
As for actual games:
B/W > G/S/C > FR/LG >>>> R/B > R/S/E > D/P
I've never played HG/SS but I need to. Emerald was a bit better than R/S but not enough to get it out of that ditch. I like the pokemon in D/P more but the game was slow as molasses. How is Platinum? I've seen a few used copies for like $15 bucks, and I'm wondering if I should bite.
The third gen is so boring. I've tried several times to play through R/S but I always quit halfway through. There were some cool pokemon in it, but I didn't like the gyms, I didn't like the areas (although there were cool ideas they were all dully designed) and there was just too much boring water. Unavoidable random battles? Check. Fly ineffective? Check.
Also, G/S/C set a pretty high bar. It introduced a lot of new mechanics, and had some kick-ass pokemon. It was basically two games in one in regards to every other gen.

Do not get platinum. Just don't. Save the money and buy Soul Silver instead.

Try Emerald, BTW. It took R/S and made it a lot better. Or at least try Fr/LG, since they are Gen 3 games too.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Well I love Leafgreen. I have probably 1000 hours into it.

I tried my friends' Emerald at end-game and it wasn't bad at all. Still not FR/LG good.

Soul Silver is the way to go? Cool. I had Silver version.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I don't get why third gen gets so much hate :c
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

it's a chicken.