RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Stopping Skill Animation?

Rep:
Level 69
How do I stop a skill from using the animation 'powerup 1' before every attack?
It looks rather silly when a mob looks like it's casting magic to use a physical attack.

I'm basically trying to make a separate slashing version of the regular attack but don't want to change the animation for the regular attack because it would be odd if my character was slashing w/o a weapon.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:53:34 PM by Scalinger2 »

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Err, maybe I'm misinterpreting your request, but just change the animation for the skill in the database. See the screenshot for where it is in VX Ace, but you can also do it in VX. In VX, it is 5 lines down and on the left.

Rep:
Level 69
Well, let's say I want that rat to do a skill 'scratch'. I set that to slash physical.

When I start the battle the animation 'powerup 1' plays(it plays for all skills except 'attack') then slash physical plays.
It's pretty much like a 'uses skill' animation before the actual skill animation and I want to get rid of it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
Well, that doesn't happen by default; I think it's a result of whatever script you are using to make the battles sideview and so I would need to know what that script is before I can be of any service to you.

Rep:
Level 69
Oh, I found it in the script. I didn't know it was the script that caused it, I thought that's what it did regularly because I had that script installed before I did any battle testing.
Code: [Select]
    # This is the default enemy attack animation, used when they do not have a
    # specific attack animation above.
    ENEMY_ATK_ANIMS.default = 1