RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Nightmare - GIAW 9

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Holy crap, now there's suddenly a random flood of Let's Play videos of Nightmare on Youtube, in all sorts of languages. ._.;

I'm greatly amused by some of them. Only half of them actually respectfully link back to this thread where people can download the game, and many of them also don't seem to realize that's it's an RPG Maker game, referring to it as a 2D pixelated horror game. A lot of the comments for such videos are "Hey this looks like Misao!" and similar things, sometimes trying to claim that I'm using resources from said games when I've never even heard of most of them before.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Congratulations on the exposure, Zylos.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Most Mature Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Yeah congrats Zylos. It was kind of fun watching that guy's reactions when creepy things happened.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
So, it's been almost a year now since this was released, and I have a new game in the works. But before I do that, there's some stuff I've seen people comment on in the various videos of Nightmare and things I wish I had added back then but left out. So I'm finishing up a quick version 1.05, with some minor tweaks here and there and an actual walkthrough included in the game folder (because apparently some people ran around in circles for over an hour because they couldn't figure out a bloody puzzle or two).

My question for anyone who has already played the game is, what would you like to see added while I'm working on it?

Rep:
Level 82
... an actual walkthrough included in the game folder (because apparently some people ran around in circles for over an hour because they couldn't figure out a bloody puzzle or two).

Having been stuck a time or two myself, I can understand why. Things aren't quite as apparent to some as they may be for others, and this is one of those issues that any game developer faces, especially for puzzle games. If the next project is based around a similar concept, it would be worth looking into why there were some struggles and how to improve upon that for next time.

On that note, if you'd find some feedback to be helpful (some time in the future when things are under way), I'd be more than happy to offer some. I quite enjoyed what help I did offer with Nightmare post-GIAW.

Either way, good luck with the new project.

Edit:

Watching through one of those LPs, I had noticed that you have a spelling error (at least one). Near the end, there's the row of newspapers which are reporting the accident, you have misspelled Trauma as "Truama". It's the first of the newspapers. Not sure how fussed you are about things like that before you close this up.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:32:31 PM by LoganF »
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Fixed. No one else noticed. x.x

Rep:
Level 82
There could possibly be others. If it's an somewhat important thing, I could go through and look for (any) more of them.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
It was an excellent game. Played it a few months back myself, and the only puzzle that threw me off was the one with the animal and human legs.

The only thing that was not fully clear to me was the priest's role in this; even at the end, he seemed to have a sort of unsolved mystery surrounding him. But perhaps playing it a second time I'd pick up more clues.

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
RMRK Junior
This looks pretty scary but I'll try to play it ASAP

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
RMRK Junior
Hey guys! I just finished this game (the first 2D horror game that I finished on my own, yay! although this game is really old) by getting a good ending.

May I know what is the key that decide whether we get a good or bad ending?
Hey do drop by my blog and check it out! It's all about my life.
http://xiwenwendy.blogspot.com

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Major necro, but I wnated you to know, Z, that I thoroughly enjoyed your game. I'm going to try the others in the series, too...

...after I change my pants.
:tinysmile:

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I got my girlfriend to play this while live-streaming lol.

This is the link to the video.  She finished both endings (with a little bit of creative searching for the good ending) lol.
http://www.twitch.tv/olaris/c/4147693 
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 07:38:26 AM by Lethrface »
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.