RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Nightmare - GIAW 9

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
You sure you grabbed the right link? The one on the first post is the main one, which is still encrypted, while the one in the latter post is the unencrypted version. I'll repost the link just to be safe.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/x6wn8tyz77l91f9/Nightmare%20%28Updated%20Version%20v1.04%29.rar

Rep:
Level 59
Practice makes Petrucci!
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Story)Gold - GIAW 11 (Normal)
Must have looked at the wrong link. Thanks! It's always really interesting seeing how other people do their own stuff :)
"Pursue happiness with diligence."

http://soundcloud.com/progfox

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I'm doing a self-bump after several months because I have a request for anyone interested:

I've been dying for some time now to see some videos of other people playing through the game, either as a video review thing or one of those "Let's Play" vids. I found Zeich's jump moment reactions while playing to be hilarious, and would love to actually hear someone else's reaction in a video clip of their playthrough.

If doing a review/LP is not your cup of tea, I'm also interested in fan trailers or similar stuff I can use to get more new people interested in giving the game a try. My own computer sucks for recording onscreen videos, so making a game trailer myself is unfortunately out of the question. So, I'd also love it if someone wanted to do a trailer instead (as long as I'm given forewarning before it's posted up on YouTube).
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 03:24:10 AM by Zylos »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I kinda wish we had continued doing GIAW reviews ;_;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
So do I. There was technical difficulties for those though, I'm told. ;-;

Rep:
Level 82
I'm not sure if it's something I could get done quickly, but I could always try to use the game to compose up some kind of video review, which might just help with what you're looking for. I can make use of the review I've already written (with some changes to make it more natural) along with parts of the game that are appropriate.

Definitely can't promise a time frame. I've never done any video editing of the sort, so it's going to be a learning experience. But it's something I can slowly work on.

I'd do a Let's Play, but seeing as I've played the game to death for reviewing purposes, and the little assistance I gave following GIAW, I don't think the effect will be the same.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Nah, YOU don't have to do that. You already helped plenty with all the feedback you left for me. <3

Full Metal Mod - He will pillage your women!
Rep:
Level 93
The RGSS Dude
I'm not a fan of the horror-genre (I scare easily) but I played this on timid and thoroughly enjoyed it!

There was just enough fear-factor to keep me on my toes and jumping every now and then, without turning me off from the game-play. The story was bittersweet and I enjoyed the way it unraveled.
"The wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is Tiggers are wonderful things
Their tops are made out of rubber
Their bottoms are made out of springs

They’re bouncy, trouncy, flouncy, pouncy
Fun, fun, fun, fun, fun!
But the most wonderful thing about Tiggers
Is I’m the only one, I’m the only one."

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.
Wow this looks amazing :) Im gonna download it tommorow and try it out. I really like how you presented the game too, looks really professional!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 07:55:55 PM by Dizturb3d »
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
I'm glad you really liked it, Tsuno. :3c

And I hope Dizturb3d liked it just the same way.

Rep:
Level 55
I'm glad you really liked it, Tsuno. :3c

And I hope Dizturb3d liked it just the same way.

Really enjoyd this! I like the atmosphere, and the story is very well written!

Also enjoyed,
Spoiler for Spirit puzzle:
The 'Spirit' puzzle! Took me awhile to get that right, and the input codes for the Television was really well done aswell!

I am kinda stuck at the moment, but I will pick it up again tommorow and try to figure it out! Great game for sure though! :D
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
What puzzle are you stuck on?

Rep:
Level 82

Really enjoyd this! I like the atmosphere, and the story is very well written!

Also enjoyed,
Spoiler for Spirit puzzle:
The 'Spirit' puzzle! Took me awhile to get that right, and the input codes for the Television was really well done aswell!

I am kinda stuck at the moment, but I will pick it up again tommorow and try to figure it out! Great game for sure though! :D

Don't worry, you weren't the only one to get stuck on the "spirit" puzzle.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

Rep:
Level 55
What puzzle are you stuck on?

Spoiler for:
Im stuck at the puzzle thats inside the Office. There is a red arrow pointing at a newspaper on the wall. Further down on the table there is images with different numbers, presenting (what I think is how man limbs) that the person or animal has.. or something. I cant work it out.. but I will try and see if I might have missed something.. Im playing on normal difficulty aswell.
Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Here's a hint to that:

Spoiler for:
You're on the right track. The above pictures are referencing the Sphinx's Riddle, which asks "Which creature walks on four legs in the morning, two legs in the afternoon, and three legs in the evening?". The answer was man, but the answer to OUR puzzle is referenced in the question itself and in the below pictures.

If you're still stuck, here's another clue:
Spoiler for:
The wolf walks on four legs, the kangaroo sits back on its tail and two legs, the snake rests on but a single body, and the spider crawls around with eight legs. The code to the safe is a four digit number, and you can find those numbers with some simple deduction after looking at the animals in the picture.

Spoiler for The Answer:
4 (four wolf legs), 3 (two kangaroo legs plus tail), 1 (snake's body), 8 (eight spider legs).

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Also, was anyone at all (aside from Logan) interested in doing a video of Nightmare for me?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I played around with the idea of doing a playthrough/review, but knowing me I would say I'll have it done by the weekend and then I'll tell you I can't get around to it until the new year and then oh no I'm really busy right now and so on until it is postponed indefinitely :>
Also my computer's crap, so I'm not sure how it would go with recording gameplay with audio.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 82
I played around with the idea of doing a playthrough/review, but knowing me I would say I'll have it done by the weekend and then I'll tell you I can't get around to it until the new year and then oh no I'm really busy right now and so on until it is postponed indefinitely :>
Also my computer's crap, so I'm not sure how it would go with recording gameplay with audio.

My idea was to do some videos of different parts, then put them together with the audio done over the top, rather than a Let's Play style video. Simply because I've played it through many times and doing a Let's Play won't do it justice; it'd be rushed through a little.

Could you not try something similar. It's a bit more work because it'll involve a lot of editing and you'd want a written script of the audio to read from. But it should be a little less taxing on the computer, unless you don't have much disk space to store the data whilst you compile it together. I could possibly help with it, it'd just take a fair while to do compared to a simple LP with audio.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
O.M.G.

This is the first time I've played Nightmare. I'm not gonna sleep tonight. Well done Zylos!

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I would, but as I've played it before and done everything, I know what to expect and that makes an LP shitty (since my reaction won't be real).
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

I would, but as I've played it before and done everything, I know what to expect and that makes an LP shitty (since my reaction won't be real).
In the olden days LP's were intended to be informative and you were intended to know the game like the back of your hand. Blind Let's Plays are great don't get me wrong but you're misunderstanding what they started out as before the youtube days. now every 14 year old says they're let's playing minecraft and it's embarassing.

Granted some of the best lets plays were blind and informative, which is usually accomplished by the player knowing a bit about the game having never played it and a second person who has played through it and knows loads about it. My personal Favorite being Proteus4994 and Suspicious' let's Play of Daikatana.

Zylos, I've never played it (as I had intended to do so when doing the GIAW 9 video reviews) and I wouldn't mind running through it but I don't think i'd do the silly screaming reactions like horrible playthroughs of amnesia that you might be wanting.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 07:33:42 PM by Strike Reyhi »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
That'd be awesome anyways. :3

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
So I have a little surprise for you guys. I was approached yesterday by a girl named Nesfate, who wanted to do a "Let's Play" of Nightmare in German for her YouTube channel. My German is a little rusty, but from what I have seen so far, she did an awesome job with it. :3

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SquTuWcyOM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SquTuWcyOM</a>

Go check her page out!
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 12:52:45 PM by Dr_Zylos »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
The remainder of the series!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTFXMUXGVOw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTFXMUXGVOw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFqrMCTtVNc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFqrMCTtVNc</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwRlJB2L1ig" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwRlJB2L1ig</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBUvW-zoZ8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYBUvW-zoZ8</a>
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 01:51:15 PM by Dr_Zylos »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Today wrapped up the last of Nesfate's series of the German LP of Nightmare, as shown in my previous post. So if you're a native German speaker, go check out her stuff as she did an excellent job of it! Really captured a lot of how I imagined the game to play out for the normal difficulty. :3

If you prefer English stuff however (which I'm sure most people on an English forum obviously do), I have another surprise for you. Unbeknownst to me, someone took all of my stuff here and reposted it on another forum without my permission (which is a BIG no no, so if anyone wants to go over and berate/troll/whatever them for not asking first, please do). They did at least provide proper credit for it, thankfully, so I'm not too miffed about it aside from having to have found out by someone else telling me. In any event, apparently another person who does horror game LP's found it from there and started up another LP series in English. They're pretty amusing, as he did not take too well to accidentally sprinting into the shadow a few times. If you like, give them a watch and pester him to include links back to the project page here on his next addition to the series!

Spoiler for The LP Videos:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THDFxt-BDqE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THDFxt-BDqE</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhc2hgIBedI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhc2hgIBedI</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001BhI015hw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=001BhI015hw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX57ABcVXm4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX57ABcVXm4</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax9dzHkByEw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax9dzHkByEw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3giGpMQhaxE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3giGpMQhaxE</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjR2Mz8ZnGg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjR2Mz8ZnGg</a>

« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 10:28:41 PM by Zylos »