RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Pulsus - GIAW 9

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9

In the future, research is dedicated to a new technology revolving around harnessing and using three types of energy: plasma, gamma, and alpha.  Each has their own distinct pattern, uses, and availability.  Corporations and companies try to seize every opportunity to market one of these energies and use them to raise their profits.

One such company, Aerotek, is devoted to studying plasma energy for the purpose of utilizing it for everyday use as well as space exploration.  It will seem become apparent, however, that their research has found much more than they have let on.

Pulsus takes place around two locations. One of these is Shirobi, a fictional town in the near future.  Twenty years ago upstart company Aerotek made its base here and the city has exploded with growth.  New apartments sprang up to hold the population employed by Aerotek and the city’s business is booming.

The other location is Aerotek’s Plasma Reactor driven Space Platform.  It is a state of the art research facility that serves as base for space exploration as well as source of new data in how plasma energy is best used in space.  The platform has been in operation for 5 years, yet knowledge of it to the general employees of Aerotek is limited.

Spoiler for:
Tucker

Personality: Tucker is a family man.  He cares deeply for his wife and is looking forward to their new baby.  He works in one of the many research departments of Aerotek with his friend David.  Tucker was born in Shirobi and has seen the city grow and change over the years.  He often pays too much attention to detail and desires to do a thorough job on every project he is assigned to.  He’s a very hard worker.

David

Personality: Whatever David can’t get done today, he’ll ask Tucker to do it for him tomorrow.  He is the ultimate slacker, but is very intelligent all the same.  He works up to the deadline and often will be the reason a project is turned in late.  He’s not very tactful, but a good friend to Tucker.

Aria

Personality: Tucker’s wife and love.  Aria is calm and collected, but seeing how she is two months pregnant, her emotions now seem to get the best of her.  She loves her husband Tucker and looks forward to their new life together with a baby.  The only time she worries is when money is low or when Tucker is away from home for long periods of time.

Giles

Personality: Giles doesn’t talk much.  In fact he hardly talks ever.  When he does it’s in very short and to the point sentences.  His stoic demeanor has allowed him to serve in Aerotek’s Security program well and respond to any and all circumstances with a cool head.  Unfortunately, he doesn’t talk much about his past experiences, so little is known about his life before Aerotek.

Sara

Personality: Lively and super intelligent, Sara is a whiz kid who has been on the platform since its inception.  Even at 12 she was helping produce research that has powered the platform and driven the discoveries there forward.  She knows more about the platform than even the current Head of Operations, but never lets that get to her head.  Her desire to see the platform succeed is driven by unfortunate circumstances.

Spoiler for:

This is the battle system is in the newer download.  GIAW entry used standard system.

Modern Algebra's Quest System

Spoiler for:
Sprites:
Avadan
 grafikal
Enterbrain
Between truth and fantasy
Grandma Deb

Tiles:
Enterbrain
Tekepon FSM
Mack
NEORTP for RPG MAKER XP
Counterclockwise
Simulation Country Gapan
Kururumilk
Aindra and Dkaineru from RPGMAKERVX.NET
Linhtendo
http://rmgamematerial.wordpress.com/2011/04/10/oldtiles/
http://vxresource.wordpress.com/category/resources/tilesets/#
http://www.rpg-studio.de/ressourcen?tags=RMVX,%20Tileset

Music
amkrogh89

Battle Animations:
TimmahX
WonderTouch
Monsters:
Thalzon

Sound effects:
http://www.soundjay.com

Scripts:
Enu
Modern Algebra

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ccdfp9x9vglfbv/ERHpoqCqUk

Resolved issues:
4/12/2012
Shoring side quests fixed
Teleport errors in apartments fixed
Walking on walls fixed

4/17/2012
SLOW download time made into faster download time.
Don't thank me, thank strike_rehyi

4/21/2012
Working on implementing Modern Algebra's Quest Journal. 
Reworking larger maps into smaller ones.
Adding additional locations to Shirobi.

11/27/2012
Changed the download location to dropbox.

Helpful Hints:
Vending machines sell you health items
Completing side quests earns you cash and items!
Treasure chests exist. They just don't look like what you'd expect!

Current Updated Project:
Working on improvements!  Obviously the judge's feedback will be taken into high consideration. Any suggestions others may have please let me know!

Want to watch the video review and listen to hilarious commentary?
I thought so. http://www.livestream.com/oRMRK
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:31:11 PM by bluntsword »

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Seems as if this is going to be a awesome game.
Good Luck  :zwink:
なんでやねん

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
It's kinda refreshing to see a futuristic game. :)

Looks neat! I wish you luck with it~

8)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 60
Oh, this looks absolutely lovely. Definitely going to keep an eye on this one. :)

(Those city maps look delicious, by the way.)

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Wait for the second download then  :P
The city in the GIAW is quite boring.

Rep:
Level 60
Too late! :V

Really though, it looks great, and I'm liking what I'm seeing with the story and characters you have here. Can't wait to see how it all shapes up in-game.

Rep:
Level 57
Destroy all the monsters...
Is pretty cool!

i like all the moderns or futuristic-- roll games.

need rtp?

See ya' later 8)
Click me, if wanna see more charas.-->
Spoiler for:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Is pretty cool!

i like all the moderns or futuristic-- roll games.

need rtp?

See ya' later 8)

Nope. I went into this wanting to use very little rtp. I wanted to stretch myself with modern mapping, something I don't do at all!