RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Resolved]Backward Battlers?

Rep:
Level 69
I'm using a sbs, so I mirrored the direction of the generic mobs, saved them as a different file name, and used them.
It seems like half of them work properly and half stay flipped the wrong way even though I changed their graphic file.
I made sure to press 'apply', remade the troop, even saved and re-opened Ace.

I have no idea what's causing this, has anyone else had this problem?

Edit: I tried the new rat graphic on another mob and they worked right, but not on the rats. :/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:06:08 PM by Scalinger2 »

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Don't mirror the mobs.
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 69
If I don't mirror them it flips them, but I found out if they are faced the wrong way, they work. I guess it saves it the opposite direction in GIMP?

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
It's not a matter of how they are saved in gimp because I had the same issue with a sideview battle system not that long ago.  I forget how I fixed the issue but if the database shows them facing one direction and they are facing the opposite in the battle system, it is an issue with the code.

Just to let you know, it would help if you told us which sbs you are using so we can look at it.  I know you say it's "resolved" but the issue really isn't resolved lol.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 04:15:36 PM by Steven W »
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 69
I thought it was something I did wrong. Anyways, it's this one:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/509-simple-side-view/

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I thought it was something I did wrong. Anyways, it's this one:
http://www.rpgmakervxace.net/topic/509-simple-side-view/

See this line of code on the script?

Code: [Select]
# This is a list of enemies whose portraits should be flipped in battle.
    FLIPPED_ENEMIES = [2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17, 18, 19]

change it.  those numbers correspond to the monster ID's
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 69
Thanks! What purpose does that line serve in an sbs?

Edit: wow, that was in the configure options, how did I miss that.  ???
« Last Edit: April 12, 2012, 10:43:21 PM by Scalinger2 »

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Thanks! What purpose does that line serve in an sbs?

Edit: wow, that was in the configure options, how did I miss that.  ???

It's probably mostly for people who use a set of battlers and some of them might be facing the left sort of instead of the right.