RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Music Insertion [XP]

Rep:
Level 58
I was wondering how you put music into XP, also can you put faces of characters on the text boxes to show who is talking like in VX. :zwink:
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

Spoiler for A Thief's Tale:

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
You import the file just like any other resource by selecting the music folder in the import material window and click import.

As for faces, I'm sure there are scripts out there for that.  Most any feature from 2k/2k3 is available for XP through scripts and VX just returned the face in message box feature.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 58
Thanks, is there a specific file type that you need the files to be in to import them, and can you be more specific on the face thing. :zwink:
You are tiny. I can see the whole of time and space, every single atom of your existence, and I divide them. Everything must come to dust, all things, everything dies.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
A quick parousal of the rpg maker xp help file tells me it has to be midi.  I may be wrong, but that's what I see.

Also, try this for the messages:
http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/files/file/63-ccoas-ums-18/

Rep:
Level 58
A quick parousal of the rpg maker xp help file tells me it has to be midi.  I may be wrong, but that's what I see.

Also, try this for the messages:
http://www.rmxpunlimited.net/forums/files/file/63-ccoas-ums-18/

okay I clicked the link and the script is a little nondescript but I'll try it anyhow, anyways when I clicked download it told me I didn't have the authority necessary to download it. Does that mean I need a membership or what? :zwink:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
u have to sign up

Rep:
Level 58
I don't suppose you know a script that has an easier system of adding the faces like the one in VX where you just click the face box and the screen with all the faces comes up and you choose the one you want. Is it possible to cannibalism that script from VX and add an extra file for the faces? :zwink:
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 03:35:33 AM by BadWolf »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
For faces, you simply need a message script like the others have said. No other way in XP. Ccoa's UMS that you were linked to is probably the best of them, though I also like DubeAlex's AMS. They can sometimes be complicated to figure out how to use properly if you're brand new to RPG Maker, so it's usually best if you take things slowly to figure out what is what and have at least a little practice before you try to use one.

For music, either use the resource manager and import the song into your game, or just copy/paste the song file directly to your game's folder. XP can play a lot of different types, though you'll have to play with it to see the best types to use that loop properly.

Rep:
Level 58
Can I just use the scripts that are in the Project7 Game or do I have to use it as a base for my RPG.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Project7 Game? Huh?

Rep:
Level 58
Project7 Game? Huh?
When I downloaded the script the download was all the components necessary for playing and editing a game, the contents of this game was a map with all the characters each one with a different text thing applied to it, it was called Project7. So do I need to use that as a base or can I just copy the script that each of the displayed characters are using.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Uh, that would be the script's demo, which by it's very definition has a sole purpose literally just to demonstrate what the script can do. Just copy the script over to your own game, along with any graphics they you might need from the demo. You don't need to start your project all over using the demo.

Rep:
Level 58
When I tried what it said to do I got this after the text was exicuted:
NoMethodError occurred while running script

undefined method `face_graphic=` for
#<Game_System:0x315f660>

What did I do wrong?
Note: the file with the face in it was in the Game's Pictures folder.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
First, did you copy over the entirety of the script and properly place it in your script database? Below everything except for Main? Second, did you properly use the text code or scripting code like they did in the demo for the script? Third, did you attempt to load from a previous save file from before you had the script implemented?

Rep:
Level 58
First, did you copy over the entirety of the script and properly place it in your script database? Below everything except for Main? Second, did you properly use the text code or scripting code like they did in the demo for the script? Third, did you attempt to load from a previous save file from before you had the script implemented?

I used the text code, I did not use an old save but what do you mean by entirety of the script? This is what I meant when I asked if I needed to use the demo as a base, I wanted to know if there was anything extra added to that games script other than just the ingame scripts that were added to the players command box.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:42:56 PM by BadWolf »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Could you recreate the error in a new project and upload it?

It's easier to sort these problems that way.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 58
Could you recreate the error in a new project and upload it?

It's easier to sort these problems that way.

I have an NPC I talk to it, it says the text that I imputed but without the face that was supposed to be added and then the screen goes dark and the error above occurs and the game testing turns off.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I didn't ask you to further explain your problem :P

I asked you to recreate the error in a new game besides the one you're working on and upload it so that your problem is handled directly instead of with guesses. :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Also, what I meant by entirety of the script is the full script plus any other parts to it if it's a multipart script like the BlizzABS is (I have no idea which script you settled with, so I'm just best guessing). The best way to tell if you're doing it right is to check to see how it's being done in the demo. Where is the script placed in the demo's script editor, and is it in the same place for your own game?

What Chris 3 (aka D&P3, sorry about the confusing names) is asking is for you to specifically show where the error is so that we can get a better idea. Probably an easier way of doing that would be to take screenshots of what you're trying to do and how your script looks with the Alt + PrtScr keys on your keyboard and upload those. Either way, it'll allow us to take a direct look to see what's going on and give you more specific instructions for a fix to your problem. Up to you though.

Rep:
Level 58
Also, what I meant by entirety of the script is the full script plus any other parts to it if it's a multipart script like the BlizzABS is (I have no idea which script you settled with, so I'm just best guessing). The best way to tell if you're doing it right is to check to see how it's being done in the demo. Where is the script placed in the demo's script editor, and is it in the same place for your own game?

What Chris 3 (aka D&P3, sorry about the confusing names) is asking is for you to specifically show where the error is so that we can get a better idea. Probably an easier way of doing that would be to take screenshots of what you're trying to do and how your script looks with the Alt + PrtScr keys on your keyboard and upload those. Either way, it'll allow us to take a direct look to see what's going on and give you more specific instructions for a fix to your problem. Up to you though.

Where do I get the entirety of the script and Where am I suppose to put it.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Um, probably in the demo where you found it in the first place. Just check to see if A) you copied all of it instead of accidentally only copy/pasting half, and B) if it says "part one / part two" or anything anywhere on the script. If you didn't make a mistake and have the whole thing, then you already are good as far as that. As far as proper placement for where you're supposed to put it, I believe I've already mentioned that it needs to be below the other default scripts but above Main (which is always at the very bottom of the list of scripts).

Rep:
Level 58
Wait, do you mean I have to copy something from the Script Editor and put it in my game?

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
HOW ELSE WOULD YOU GET THE SCRIPT?!

I don't mean to be rude (or do I?), but half the fun of RPG Maker is figuring things out for yourself. Asking a forum for everything is ruining it for you (and it annoys us somewhat :>).
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,263.0.html

Read this thread, then see if that answers your question.

Rep:
Level 58
HOW ELSE WOULD YOU GET THE SCRIPT?!

I don't mean to be rude (or do I?), but half the fun of RPG Maker is figuring things out for yourself. Asking a forum for everything is ruining it for you (and it annoys us somewhat :>).

Sorry I'm a bit of a noob.