RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Halo 4

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
It's been in open beta since February now, I think. The game releases in its finished state like... today or something. Maybe tomorrow.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
That makes me very happy.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
anyone who actually knows videogames knows that halo is an arena shooter like quake or ut.

Still I think it's the only one left still doing it well. Unless there was a UT or Quake in the last 2 years that wasn't ass.

trevor, stop talking.
Sorry I haven't played every single PC/XBOX/PS game ever made, it's clearly my fault and sense I have as much freedom to talk as everyone else here I should really quit talking, please keep this on the topic of the game, instead of taking shots at insulting the other members for there lack of video game knowledge, I'm just trying to have a nice topic where this new game can be discussed, thanks for your understanding on the issue.

having basic knowledge of a genre before you start talking about what the game in question did that was original is sorta important.

I also want this thread to be a good place to discuss the upcoming installment of halo as well and it just so turns out you happen to be an one of those fans who makes people who enjoy and understand what halo is and what influenced the franchise look stupid.

I swear next you'll say Halo had no influence from the Aliens series of movies.

Rep:
Level 56
Newbies here get treated like scum. -inactive-.
having basic knowledge of a genre before you start talking about what the game in question did that was original is sorta important.

Indeed, maybe we could have a more private discussion on the entire genre some other time and place?

I swear next you'll say Halo had no influence from the Aliens series of movies.

Well Bungie even admitted to that one. Flood infection form = facehugger and both are ruled by a "queen" type hive system (gravemind, alien queen). Along with the obvious vehicle and marine influnces, I am a big fan of the Alien movies  as well, i enjoyed seeing the slight resemblance instead of Bungie "derp-ing" it up and going "HAY LET'S MAKE THESE FLOOD DOODZ LIKE HAVE SHARP TAILS AND SECOND MOUTHS AND IT'LL JUST BE GREAT MAN, WHAT ALIEN? NAH NOONE NOW ADAYS EVEN KNOWZ WHAT THAT BE!".

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
This is like a junior high student wandering into a college class.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
pretty sure that's exactly what it is.

Anyway, Halo 4, 343 is scaring me with it's bad decisions.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
All this talk about originality sort of makes me sad lol.  It's very hard to do something that hasn't been done before because a lot of games are all in essence reinventing the wheel.  They aren't all doing that great at it, but the point still stands :(
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
let's not go down that conversation path here. shall we