RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Halo 4

Rep:
Level 56
Newbies here get treated like scum. -inactive-.

Halo 4 is the next installment in the iconic franchise that has shaped entertainment history and defined a decade of gaming. Set in the aftermath of Halo 3, Master Chief returns to confront his own destiny and face an ancient evil that threatens the fate of the entire universe. Halo 4 marks the start of a new trilogy that begins with its release in 2012.

Developer: 343Industries
Known Game Variants: Spartan Ops (replacing Fightfight) , Story , Multi-player, (Most likely Forge and Theater).

Even up to Halo 6 has been confirmed and the games are said to introduce a new enemy while focusing on the darkened decline of the main protagonist 'Master Chief'.

What are your thoughts on the new Halo game? Do you think Bungie drove the game to greatness, or will 343 be able to hold halo at its current standing in the video gaming world and possibly improve the well appraised series? Are you planning on getting the new Halo 4 or shall you be forever remain in the purgatory realm of Halo 3 and Reach?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
in before holk

343's character models from the mp reveal look like shit. and as soon as they said Spartan IV's I knew they were going to assrape the canon. so no. I don't think 343 can do it.

I hope they prove me wrong. but I don't hold much faith.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 11:06:01 PM by John »

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I have zero interest in the Halo series, but I've seen a lot of people unhappy with the changes 343 are making to the multiplayer in 4. Somebody not lazy should post those changes here so there's something to talk about.

Rep:
Level 56
I have zero interest in the Halo series, but I've seen a lot of people unhappy with the changes 343 are making to the multiplayer in 4. Somebody not lazy should post those changes here so there's something to talk about.
Not sure if this is an indirect reference to me or not,

--- if so allow me to clarify the significance of this topic, it is to discuss all matters relative to halo 4 in all aspects, could I spends hours of research and incorporate every single known fact while simultaneously cross referring to make sure all my facts where in fact true and not the common game site myths? Sure, I could but I chose to state the simplicities and let the members who would like to know more about Halo 4 research and make these decisions themselves, and the others give there input on the current information, (or lack of), that they have. Thanks for your input on the issue though.  :)

--- if not, then that explanation can be re-quoted to be used when the first "DUDE HALO SUCKS ITS NOT EVEN REALISTIC ITS DUMB" 'dude' comes along because it will happen eventually. Thanks for your input on the issue though.  :)

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
I think you're reading too much into what I said.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I just don't really care. I won't play it. I hope its good for all of you who will.

Rep:
Level 56
I think you're reading too much into what I said.

Most likely, but it never hurts to clarify. 

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I'm hoping 343 does the game justice.  I reserve all judgement until it is officially released and don't bother listening to what people say before it's release.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
The only positive aspect of Halo is the story. Everything else about it is a pile of dicks.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Halo CE was a bunch of fun to play multiplayer
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
The only positive aspect of Halo is the story. Everything else about it is a pile of dicks.
Really I think it's the other way around, I have fun playing the co-op and multiplayer and couldn't give two shits about what happens in the story.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
gee it's almost as if you have different ~opinions~

but yeah, halo 4. Suffice to say I am more worried they'll shit all over the series than I am excited there's a new game. It's a lot like Bayonetta Gear Rising, if I'm honest.

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Opinions don't exist. There are facts (what I say) and there is just plain being wrong (disagreeing with me.)

Rep:
Level 56
gee it's almost as if you have different ~opinions~

but yeah, halo 4. Suffice to say I am more worried they'll shit all over the series than I am excited there's a new game. It's a lot like Bayonetta Gear Rising, if I'm honest.

-That is my fear as well, maybe its just because its a new company and there kind of in the dark with no real games produced yet which makes me worry. I just hope they don't "shit" all over it by ripping off features of Call of Duty and other first person shooters like many FPS enjoy doing to one another. (BTW, I always felt Halo was alittle higher up sense Halos' ideas were being stolen and Bungie had the originality to create great functions for game modes in a creative and unusual way, instead of "borrowing" other games ideas to start from.)

Rep:
Level 97
Someone has never played Quake or Unreal Tournament before.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah. That's exactly what I was thinking. Halo was only original to people who had never played PC games. Not that its a bad thing, but credit where its due.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
anyone who actually knows videogames knows that halo is an arena shooter like quake or ut.

Still I think it's the only one left still doing it well. Unless there was a UT or Quake in the last 2 years that wasn't ass.

trevor, stop talking.

Rep:
Level 97
Just because UT3 wasn't as good as UT2k4 doesn't mean it was ass :mad:

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I wasn't going to say anything, but yeah. That's exactly what I was thinking. Halo was only original to people who had never played PC games. Not that its a bad thing, but credit where its due.

I played PC games for years and found Halo to be very original...in single player and I actually enjoyed the story up until I beat halo 3 and then every game after that was just something that I'd like to play but didn't really care so much about after that.

Being that my internet is extremely slow, multiplayer in games is hardly a feature that I care too much about.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 94
Halo was a great way to have a PC fps experience on a console. It was designed for a controller, and it did that very well. That's really the only original thing about it, which was fine. The problem now, comes in innovating on a standard that is basic in nature, without changing that core experience too much.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Maybe it's just because I like RTS games.
But I thought that Halo Wars was pretty damn good and I have hopes that 343 will continue where the shut down 'Ensemble Studios' left off.

For an RTS game on the Xbox, the controls very good and I was able to grasp them very quickly.

Honestly, I don't like what I'm hearing about Halo 4 right now.
As far as I'm aware, Spartan III's were supposed to be cheap enough to have in large quantities. So why are Spartan IV's suddenly coming into play.

Having said that, I don't know where the story would go either, if it's Master Chief, there are certainly no humans in the atmosphere he is entering, who would be his allies.
I didn't read the Halo book about Onyx, so maybe that book answers my questions.

I'm excited in some ways for a new Halo game. But for now, I don't see where they could go with it without breaking some sort of canon that was created.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 56
anyone who actually knows videogames knows that halo is an arena shooter like quake or ut.

Still I think it's the only one left still doing it well. Unless there was a UT or Quake in the last 2 years that wasn't ass.

trevor, stop talking.
Sorry I haven't played every single PC/XBOX/PS game ever made, it's clearly my fault and sense I have as much freedom to talk as everyone else here I should really quit talking, please keep this on the topic of the game, instead of taking shots at insulting the other members for there lack of video game knowledge, I'm just trying to have a nice topic where this new game can be discussed, thanks for your understanding on the issue.

--Anyways

Maybe it's just because I like RTS games.
But I thought that Halo Wars was pretty damn good and I have hopes that 343 will continue where the shut down 'Ensemble Studios' left off.

For an RTS game on the Xbox, the controls very good and I was able to grasp them very quickly.

Honestly, I don't like what I'm hearing about Halo 4 right now.
As far as I'm aware, Spartan III's were supposed to be cheap enough to have in large quantities. So why are Spartan IV's suddenly coming into play.

Having said that, I don't know where the story would go either, if it's Master Chief, there are certainly no humans in the atmosphere he is entering, who would be his allies.
I didn't read the Halo book about Onyx, so maybe that book answers my questions.

I'm excited in some ways for a new Halo game. But for now, I don't see where they could go with it without breaking some sort of canon that was created.

I've been very wishy-washy on the "alleged" features that will be in Halo 4 as well, and I am mainly interested in the story as Halo 3 even clarified it would be the end, making this next trilogy somewhat difficult to appeal to the older fans of the gaming series, unless of course 343i has some tricks (Good ideas) in there hat.

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me

trevor, stop talking.
Tribes: Ascend.

Rep:
Level 94
Oh God yes. I want it. I've tried to get into the beta, but never did.