RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Writing] Quotes I Created

Rep:
Level 57
Everything about Rendered Fate
7 Quotes

By: Tatton Ray[Revtattertot]

#1: Oftentimes, you can learn something complex by leaning something simple. Take art for example, in that all things are made up of no less than 5 simple geometric shapes.

#2: My favorite word: Center. It means a lot of things, but its best meaning is "a sort of zen state of mind, heightened focus, abundance of wisom" when derived from the phrase "Sense of Center".

#3: All art is is the expression of soul, so even something as trivial as a linguistic slang can be considered art, in the right mind.

#4: Manga? Yeah, I've studied it, but I'm no master.

#5: Even if you get absolutely destroyed, you can win, but only if you disallow yourself the luxury of defeat.

#6: My ambitions are nothing more than a peaceful life, with a good family, and no need to have to do things like bounce checks, overdraft, or more desperate unmentionables.

#7: Everyone has that one perk that is better than everybody else, and I mean EVERYBODY.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 09:28:36 AM by boe »
Link to my game is here.
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,45507.0.html
Feedback will be nice to get, constructive or otherwise.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Self quoting is pretty despicable, tbh.

Rep:
Level 57
Apologies for that.

However, how many of tham are actually practical?
Link to my game is here.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
#4: Manga? Yeah, I've studied it, but I'm no master.
why

and most of these just sound like you trying to be deep

but that's just like, my opinion, man

Rep:
Level 57
I actually wasn't trying to be deep, but opinion duely noted.
Link to my game is here.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
It is hard to make a name for yourself in the large popularity contest called life.  Why not quote yourself once in a while and see if others can agree?  Sometimes, the most interesting people are often overlooked just because they aren't popular.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 94
2012 Most Attractive Male MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best Counsel
Just be real, man. Don't try and be anything. Just be.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
fixed.

but this thread is silly, who makes a thread to quote themself.

the whole point of a quote is that someone else heard it and decided it was worth retelling.

I recall someone from a long time ago on some other forum, (his nick was "macabre" and the forum is gone now)

he said "Anonymity will conceal a man but stupidity will reveal him." it was in reference to a troll who kept making dupe accounts, but I do think it was a good quote and applies to other things.

in fact, had you said they were just quotes and not mentioned they were from you, this may have been a worthwhile thread. Concealing yourself as the originator would be humble but saying they're your own quotes reveals a certain level of stupidity.

Sorry, Reverend Tatertots.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 11:51:59 PM by John »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Just be real, man. Don't try and be anything. Just be.

If you start a quote thread, this is the guy to base it off.

Also one of my favourite quotes of mine is '"Quoting oneself gives greater self-esteem and confidence" - Me, right now.'
Also "Sane people are boring" is basically my motto.
But who gives a shit?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:01:21 AM by Timothy »
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
"This is retarded" ~ Acolyte

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
"And Thus Life Goes On" - DP3 (Although admittedly, someone else somewhere has probably already said this).
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
"Why do my farts smell like wheat thins?" - me
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 57
In fact, had you said they were just quotes and not mentioned they were from you, this may have been a worthwhile thread. Concealing yourself as the originator would be humble but saying they're your own quotes reveals a certain level of stupidity.

Sorry, Reverend Tatertots.

Since this thread is in the forum's "Library" tab, and since its made of threads based off of writing, self-quotes fall into that category as a type of writing. I remember because several classes I'm in right now require the students to write 10 of their own original quotes.

While I do accept the facts of the quote you named, I will state that stupidity was not the intention of this thread.

Also one of my favourite quotes of mine is '"Quoting oneself gives greater self-esteem and confidence" - Me, right now.'
Also "Sane people are boring" is basically my motto.
But who gives a shit?
That'd be my question.
Link to my game is here.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
"Friends don't let friends name their children Tony Bologna" ~ HaloOfTheSun
:tinysmile:

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Quote from: Revtattertot
I remember because several classes I'm in right now require the students to write 10 of their own original quotes.
So you needed three more, correct? :)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o

*yuyubabe likes this comment

First of all, you have NO idea how loud and high-pitched my laugh was at this comment. ;8
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Kindest MemberBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Kindest Member2012 Best Counselluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
GOD BLESS A FREAKING MILK COW ~ me.

I am the supreme being in your life ~ also me

I brought you into this world, I can take you out of it.  ~ ok I stole this one from my dad

Your ass is grass and I'm gonna play lawn mower ~ my dad again.

Granted mine aren't really that deep and meaningful.  But they are fun :D

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

*yuyubabe likes this comment

First of all, you have NO idea how loud and high-pitched my laugh was at this comment. ;8

I can imagine cuz mine was pretty loud and high pitched.

Just forget the last part to preserve my manhood.

GOD BLESS A FREAKING MILK COW ~ me.

That one made me laugh the other night when I heard it.

Rep:
Level 57
Quote from: Revtattertot
I remember because several classes I'm in right now require the students to write 10 of their own original quotes.
So you needed three more, correct? :)
Correct. I've got 2 more in my head but they don't seem like they'll stick, so until I can refine them, this is what I got, which is a C average.
Link to my game is here.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

Since this thread is in the forum's "Library" tab, and since its made of threads based off of writing, self-quotes fall into that category as a type of writing. I remember because several classes I'm in right now require the students to write 10 of their own original quotes.

My question is, what kind of crackpot school are you going to where "several" classes have you write out a bunch of stupid pretentious quotes?

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Just remember that quotes don't make the man, the man makes the quotes.  If you say something quote worthy, it will come naturally.  Just scan over everything you may have said that was meaningful and you will strike gold for your class.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 King of RMRK2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best MusicianFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
"I'm a perfethhhh... I'm a rerpectionist." ~ HaloOfTheSun
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 57

My question is, what kind of crackpot school are you going to where "several" classes have you write out a bunch of stupid pretentious quotes?
You'd be suprised.

Just remember that quotes don't make the man, the man makes the quotes.  If you say something quote worthy, it will come naturally.  Just scan over everything you may have said that was meaningful and you will strike gold for your class.
This should be like a forum game or something, people are quoting left & right here.
Link to my game is here.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Don't tell me you're an English major.