RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Error when using Common Event [2K3]

Touhou Fantasy Developer and all around cool person. :)
Rep:
Level 85
T.G. "Thunder God" Xenomic
So, I have a special ability that has a 50/50 chance of either affecting either your entire party or the enemy party, and then a 10% chance of it inflicting Exclusion (think FFV with Omega and Encircle. Removes party member from the battle until after battle, and flags that character as dead). The problem is, I tested this in battle. It works fine with enemies it seems...however, it seems to give me this error when it happens to playable characters:

"Access violation in module 'RPG_RT.exe' in with address 004BBD82 and offset 0000000C of type Read occured"

For those who are wondering, here's the coding I have for characters in the Common Event:

Code: [Select]
Branch if Reimu in the Party
  Variable Oper: [0187: Random] Set, Rnd [0-100]
  Branch if Var: [0187: Random] is 9 Less/Equal
    Variable Oper: [1243: Reimu Exclusion] Set, 1
    Change Party Members: Reimu Remove

End

End

For the Battle Event page, here's what I have there:

Trigger: Switch [1872: Silver Disc] ON

Code: [Select]
Variable Oper: [0187 Random] Set, Rnd [0-100]
Branch if Var [0187: Random] is 49 Less/Equal
  Call Common Event: Exclusion

Else Handler
  Variable Oper: [0615: Random 1] Set, Rnd [0-100]
  Branch if Var [0615: Random 1] is 9 Less/Equal
    Change Monster Condition: 1: Test 0 Death Inflict

End

End
Switch Operation: [1872: Silver Disc] OFF

I'm certain it has to do with party members, but this never happens if I have them removed via battle events (the battle event that the ability triggers calls this common event, so I don't know what's going on). Any ideas on how to solve this problem, or if it's even possible to do an ability such as this?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2012, 12:06:35 AM by Xenomic »