RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ask : Cut-In Screen In Battle

Rep: +0/-0Level 56
RMRK Junior
Hello.. Here I just want to ask about cut-in battle scene. Is it require a script or just a common event?
Please could anyone help me with this matter.
I apologize if my English was so bad. And thank you for your attention.

NB : If I posted this topic on the wrong place, please move it.
My Current Project with Keira Entertainment

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
What maker are you using?

Either way, this probably doesn't belong here. I'll move it.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

RMRK Junior
What maker are you using?

Either way, this probably doesn't belong here. I'll move it.
ups.. sorry about that. I'm using RMVX Ace. I'm still newbie so i'm not quite understand and I'm not good in scripting. Some people said that it use a common event to make cut-in.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
In the troops tab of the database, you'll see the section called Battle Event. In Condition, you can choose when the event plays, and you can plan it out like a normal event underneath that. Read the tooltips to get a better grasp of what things do. The Span decides when the event will run; if it is set to Battle it will only happen once in the battle, if it is set to Turn it will only happen once per turn, if it is set to Moment it will repeat until the conditions are no longer met.

RMRK Junior
In the troops tab of the database, you'll see the section called Battle Event. In Condition, you can choose when the event plays, and you can plan it out like a normal event underneath that. Read the tooltips to get a better grasp of what things do. The Span decides when the event will run; if it is set to Battle it will only happen once in the battle, if it is set to Turn it will only happen once per turn, if it is set to Moment it will repeat until the conditions are no longer met.

thanks for your explanation. I'm quite understand that.

But, it is also applied for skill cut-in scene? for example, if the actor using a special skill then the cut-in scene will appear.

Rep:
Level 79
Hello
Ah, for that you would go into the skills tab, go to the effects menu and make a new one. Go to Other and select Common Event. Choose the common event you want to run then. You would make the event as usual in the common events tab.

RMRK Junior
I See. I get it now. Thanks a lot for your simple explanation Pac!  ;) ;)

Edit: Sorry if I'm bothering you again. I've already make a common event for displaying my cut in picture. But my picture won't disappear until the battle over. Even if I put clear picture on the event. Should I setting its trigger? or what?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:55:19 AM by AgielSora »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Use the "erase picture" command in your common event, after you set a wait time to how long you want the picture to show.

RMRK Junior
Use the "erase picture" command in your common event, after you set a wait time to how long you want the picture to show.

Yup I've already do that. I put 60 frames for waiting time. And after that I put clear picture. But It seems it still appear until skill end.

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for April 2010
An alternative that you can do is this (this is what I usually do).
Make 2 copies of the same skill

The first skill should have the mp/tp/whatever cost and calls a common event called cut in. Don't put any damage formula in it or effects in it. Use this http://yanflychannel.wordpress.com/rmvxa/utility-scripts/anti-fail-message/ so you can leave the messages blank and it won't say fail or whatever.

After that, inside the Cut-In Common event, do something like this. (just replace the script call with show picture, erase picture, whatsover)

« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 12:16:37 AM by Nessiah »