RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Map menu[VX Ace]

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Alright so I have an idea that I could use some help with.  Right now, I would like to make a map menu similar to Silent Hill's where you open up your menu and you can go to your map and see the layout of the area and preferably where you are too, but I'm mostly worried about opening the map.  My scripting ability is pretty limited to modifications of the default systems and so far I have come up with a pretty nice 1-party member menu that I'm going to use for my game but I'm not great with things like this without an IDE with intellisense lol.  I figure this would be simple so if anyone could tell me how to do this at the least, that would be cool.  If you go the route of showing me how to do this rather than creating the window/scene, I'll need this information:

*How to get it to display a picture based on what map you are on
*how to set comments in the map properties to tell the map scene where you are so it can display the picture accordingly.

Maybe one of these days I'll follow my friend's ruby tutorials too...lol

UPDATE: I may not need any help but if anyone has an awesome idea of how to do this, feel free to share it.  Sofar, I've learned tonight how to access notes from the map properties and call the values in a menu...all from scanning through some other people's scripts to see how they do it and I've learned a few tricks lol.  Of course, there will ALWAYS be a better way to do it so if you have any awesome ideas, please feel free to share :)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 06:53:21 AM by Lethrface »
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.