RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA][Demo out] Gold and Glory 2

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
That first screenshot looks awesome, man.

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, I'll hopefully finish the interiors soon. I figured it would be good practice since my next game will be mapped using overlay mapping (The entire thing)!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 07:25:42 PM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 71
The first and second floor of the players home.

Rep:
Level 71
I'm almost done with the scripting part of the game. Here's a screenshot of the quest journal I wrote for it.

Rep:
Level 71
Still working on the database.  :mad:

I'm also writing some music for the game. Here is the music for the house. If you use it you must reference Gold and Glory 2 and credit me, non-commercial use only.

Rep:
Level 71
The blacksmith and Mystic store.

Rep:
Level 71
I'm finished with the town maps, now I need to finish the database and do some floors before the demo. Here's a screenshot of the temple. I'm going to go back and add light effects to all the other town maps.

Rep:
Level 71
I'll have a demo out soon. I'm working on the dungeon now. I decided to drop it to 100 floors, that way I can stay motivated on finishing this. That and it takes a while to make a floor. Don't worry though, there will still be over a day of game play.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:10:56 PM by DoctorTodd »

Rep:
Level 71
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 11:55:49 PM by DoctorTodd »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Seems to be getting more interesting.

Does this game actually have some sort of story behind it (unlike your first one)?
The plot doesn't sound too thrilling at the moment ;9
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
Kind of, it's basically like Fate. Go in a big dungeon and kill a powerful monster.  :)
My next game will have a VERY detailed story. I've been planning it out for about two years.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I very much look forward to your next game then :)

I'm more of a story gamer, which is why I like RPGs best :D
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Well I actually liked Fate. I'll try out the demo for sure.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Some Feedback from the Demo:

First off, the menu sounds are very nice to my ears. I chose to be a Warrior with a Mage companion. Your mapping is very good as well. The environment collision gets a bit annoying though, with the movement system you have in place, its difficult to move around and not get blocked off by areas that seems like you can move through. The enchanting system is really awesome by the way.
I found a problem with your task menu, it tells me that I need to get "some" of an item. And doesn't tell me how many I actually need. Like for the skulls.

It'd be pretty helpful if enemies dropped gold. Then I could go buy stuff.

The second level of the Cave you can enter gave me terrible lag. I don't know if my computer needs a restart or something, but I could barely move. I'll have to find the problem, but for now I've halted my progress with the demo. The mechanics you've put into the game makes it really fun, I just hope I can overcome that little speed bumb, and get some money.

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks for the feedback. I need to fix the second floors lag issues, if you kill and loot enough stuff it'll go away. I though I fixed the task book, but I guess I didn't. As for the money you can get a lot from the boxes in the mean time. Once you enter the actual dungeon on floor 10 the monsters are skeletons that drop gold and weapons. What did you think of the music?

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
The music and the sound effects were great. I played a female character, the attacking sound effects are nice ;D

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, the voices I got from Khas. I tried to record the male voice but it turned out awful. I'm glad to hear my music my good.  :)

Rep:
Level 71
Here are screenshots from the dungeon, ignore the skeleton trying to kill me.

Rep:
Level 71
I'll hopefully have a demo out soon with 10 more floors and plenty of bug fixes. I'm also creating a boss battle theme, nothing is final but tell me what you think.

Rep:
Level 71
New Demo! I fixed plenty of bugs, this will take you to floor 20. This is will be the length of the demo for the final version. http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?crpbuzyozeyldod

Rep:
Level 71
I finished the game, it should be out soon I just have to beta test it.