RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA][Demo out] Gold and Glory 2

Rep:
Level 71

Spoiler for Plot:
In the small town of Altonshire lies a gate to mysterious dungeon filled with monsters, gold, and treasure. On the 100th floor lies a monster that has been causing earthquakes around the world. Few have ever made the journey. One day you decide to defeat the beast and run off into the dungeon.

Spoiler for New Screenshots:

Spoiler for Old Screenshots:

Fighting a slime.

Second chance system

Town market

Dungeon entrance

Spoiler for Videos:
Spoiler for Magic Particles:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2_7u4jy61g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2_7u4jy61g</a>

Spoiler for Features:
-"Second Chance" System
-100 levels of the dungeon
-Improve your weapons with runic enchantments
-Teleporting system
-Choose your gender and class each with different character graphic.
-Storage System

Spoiler for Credits:
Will be available in game.

Spoiler for Rating:

Price

15 dollars
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 10:16:11 PM by DoctorTodd »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Hmmm... working on another Commercial game, I see? That was you last time, right?

Well, good luck. I hope to see some decent screenshots.

And all I can say is, once again (I think), be careful about legal use and all that. :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 71
Don't worry about legal stuff I double check terms of use, ask for permission and take screenshots as proof. Any way here are some screenshots.

Fighting a slime.

Second chance system

Town market

Dungeon entrance

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I'm glad to hear you take the safe route.

Hmmm... those screenshots are kind of neat. :) I think a bit more clutter would make them look a tad better. And the trees on the last one seem to blend a bit with the ground. But that's just what I think. Overall, pretty nice!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Did you get Lunarea's permission to use those tiles commercially?

Rep:
Level 71

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Ok, just checking. ;)

The maps aren't too bad, but the HUD is a little bland. I'm guessing that's just an early development version though.

Rep:
Level 71
Ya I still have to work on the HUD. I just made that ugly gradient thing because the default HUD graphic has Eric's face. Any way if any one is wondering what the second chance thing is, it occurs when defeated by an enemy (it goes straight to game over if killed by a trap). You have must correctly hit the buttons or you die and it goes to game over. If you succeed then you are fully healed but you lose 300 experience and are temporarily stunned.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 01:42:54 AM by DoctorTodd »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Well I thought that your first one was worth $5.00

I trust you can make this one worth it as well :)
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
Alright the menu is complete (which you can find in the VXA script section). What do you guys think about this HUD? Any way before the demo is done I need to add two versions of each weapon and armor and get to dungeon level 25. I will most likely make another demo with four versions and have it go to level 50.

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
This looks a tad different than the first one. Is it a direct sequel?

Rep:
Level 71
What do you mean by that?

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I decided to completely redo the HUD instead of simply modifying it. The purple is mana, the green is health, and the blue is experience.

Also about the weapons, there are Axe, Spears, swords, daggers, katanas, maces, and staffs. All weapons (except the staff) have a basic version, 1-3 slot version, and rare weapon version. The staff has much lower attack and no slots but will allow you to use a skill when equipped. It also increases your mana. The rare version has 1 slot, all the skills of the other staffs, and other stuff.

Also about skills you learn each version of every skill every 11 levels so not only do you not learn your first skills till level 11, you can't learn the last skill. Unless you buy a spell book or use a staff. With a staff you have the skill as long as the staff is equipped. Spell books are permanent and extremely expensive. 

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Nice HUD! Maybe you could make the bars on it gradients though, that would make it seem less blocky.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 71
Thanks, I'll take a look and see if I could modify the script to do that, since the SAS IV HUD just use colors.

EDIT: Alright here is the menu with the window skin I'm considering using.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:42:27 AM by Todd »

Rep:
Level 71
I added a video displaying the magic particles, also I'm not using that window skin in my previous post.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2_7u4jy61g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2_7u4jy61g</a>

Rep:
Level 71
I changed the character size to Mack size. I also replaced the grass with his. I've finished all the skills (80 total). Finally you'll be able buy torches, candles, and lanterns to help light the way. Torches and Candles are removed from the inventory when their time runs out while the lantern requires fuel and is never removed.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I hope you don't plan on using fuzzy sprites in your final version, especially if you're charging money for the game.

I am, of course, referring to the dragon in your screenshot.

Also, while using shadow is nice, I think you're taking it too far.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 71
I decided to go back to the default size, as for the dragon I hope to get another less blurry sprite. What do you think I should do for the shadows then?

EDIT: I'm going to just use the regular sized green version for the final boss. I've changed a lot of things and I hope to get some new screenshots up soon. The screenshot with the dragon is the older version of the original cut scene.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2012, 01:53:36 AM by DoctorTodd »

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Just don't have so many pitch dark sections.  Light doesn't work like that.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 71
Alright I'll reduce the darkness. I also added a new feature that allows you to have a partner.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I am not very enthusiastic over your mapping, but good luck anyways
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 71
I've improved some of the maps now, I also changed my grass to Mack's.

Rep:
Level 71
I decided to parallax the town and all the buildings. I will however, not parallax the dungeon. I still have to do the buildings but here's the town. I'm also going to try and add a lot more features.

Rep:
Level 71
I added a lot more detail to the town which can be seen in the new screenshots.